Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any insights on how is AM better?

The reason why AM is more expensive is because they are hand made by Moulton at Bradford on Avon, while the TSR was launched for the general mass at a lower cost, by Pashley. Depends how you look at it, some would say that the new TSR uses newer technology in their production.

I never considered both the birdy and the moulton, simply because the design of the birdy is awful and its heavy. For the moulton is because of the way it is broken down and not folded.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason why AM is more expensive is because they are hand made by Moulton at Bradford on Avon, while the TSR was launched for the general mass at a lower cost, by Pashley. Depends how you look at it, some would say that the new TSR uses newer technology in their production.

I never considered both the birdy and the moulton, simply because the design of the birdy is awful and its heavy. For the moulton is because of the way it is broken down and not folded.

Birdy heavy? Hmm... I actually thought it is quite light compared to other folding bicycles.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you zhng, it will be as heavy as a brompton. Stock is close to 11kg

Amor.Eterno

Reaction score
any idea where the SST is made? is it also same as TSR?

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dude , what can i do to reduce my xtrada 4.0 weight , budget is abt $300 max ?

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many cyclists in northern part of spore

The north and the east people are blessed with good cycling shops and nice training routes. :o

I stay in amk. So naturally, i cycle seletar loop, or tmcr loop. Visit C2C at times... once i get stronger, maybe can go for mandai training. :D

kelccm

Reaction score
The north and the east people are blessed with good cycling shops and nice training routes. :o

I stay in amk. So naturally, i cycle seletar loop, or tmcr loop. Visit C2C at times... once i get stronger, maybe can go for mandai training. :D

Where are the good cycling shop in the north? Woodlands or Yishun?

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Mandai loop isn't that hard....

The north and the east people are blessed with good cycling shops and nice training routes.
:o

I stay in amk. So naturally, i cycle seletar loop, or tmcr loop. Visit C2C at times... once i get stronger, maybe can go for mandai training.
:D

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mandai loop isn't that hard....

For seasoned riders la. :s13:

Try riding a 13kg 16" folding bicycle up and down.. :s13: I could climb up but man.. kinda tough.

The east to west is much easier. The west to east is very tough.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anything wrong with ur current bike? if not if u save the $300, save a bit more can even stretch ur budget to $1k+ ... which will widen your choices.... :D
Nothing really wrong, I just wanna reduce the weight that's all

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.