Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh you stay at the bottom of Singapore, furthermore in the east......surely you didn't expect to receive msia DVB-T2 signals? :s13:

East does not mean South. Not the bottom of Singapore. In the middle and closer to the right side of Malaysia as well as Batam which is below Singapore.

My experience paints a more realistic picture for most who lives in a HDB estate as opposed to living in low lying areas like our Seletar Hills guy now wouldn't it? :s22:

ksO9ulF.png

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying boon lay my new TV can receive malaysian channels too... but sometime cannot get signal

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying boon lay my new TV can receive malaysian channels too... but sometime cannot get signal

can receive too, put need put my antenna out especially im at low floor. Able to receive malaysia digital tv channels

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone succeeded to get Malaysia channel using better antenna?any recommendations for outdoor antenna...having issue too to get any Malaysia channel

KardBoard

Reaction score
Hi,FYI those trying to get Malaysia digital channel,please scan dtv channel 47.
12 channels and some radio station able to be captured if the signal is good.i using diy HDTV antenna.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi,FYI those trying to get Malaysia digital channel,please scan dtv channel 47.
12 channels and some radio station able to be captured if the signal is good.i using diy HDTV antenna.

Can you share more?
Maybe some pics please ?
Thanks

pjs

Reaction score
anyone succeeded to get Malaysia channel using better antenna?any recommendations for outdoor antenna...having issue too to get any Malaysia channel

I think reception of Malaysian/Indonesian digital channels depends not just on location but also on your DVB-T2 tuner.
Initially when they were testing DVB-T transmissions, i could receive both Malaysian and Indonesian channels on my Humex STB. (I posted on HWZ forum)
Now with cheap China brand DVB-T2 STB the receiver picks up signals ('strength' and 'quality' goes on and off) but doesnt tune-in to the stations.
Probably tuner sensitivity is low.
Can only tune in to Mediacorp stations.
BTW i am located at east-coast and should have no problem receiving Batam digital tv,

KardBoard

Reaction score
Can you share more?
Maybe some pics please ?
Thanks
The antenna?
Or?if antenna I just diythe hdtv bowtie antenna
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKynS43OCiI
Btw indon digital u able to get?
Unable to get but analog I able to get.
Below the indon dtv frequency
Ch 48- 6 channel tvri
Ch 52-3 channel

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Connected my starter kit to the MATV antenna - working

Now trying to scan Malaysia channels. Do I need to specify which channel no. before I scan ?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connected my starter kit to the MATV antenna - working

Now trying to scan Malaysia channels. Do I need to specify which channel no. before I scan ?
If you do full scan should be able to get Malaysia channels.

If not, do manual scan and specify channel 47.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
If you do full scan should be able to get Malaysia channels.

If not, do manual scan and specify channel 47.

I am unable to receive Malaysia channels from the MATV, but can receive all from my own indoor antenna :s12:

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
That's weird, by right the MATV should be able to receive.

Sent from Redmi using GAGT

Yeah, coz I can receive grainy MY channels via MATV on analog

I switched back to MATV, no signal again for MY channels

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Malaysia channels(incl. TV1, TV2, TV3, NTV7, 8TV etc.) are now broadcasting digitally via Channel 47 (682MHz)

But whether you can receive will depend greatly on your location. So if you don't get it, you know it's your home, not your TV.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
TV model: Sony CRT TV
STB: DTV starter kit
Antenna:
YoISP4R.jpg

Attempted to receive MY channels from MATV socket, no avail.

Next, tried to use rabbit ear antenna, no avail.

I have not tried out the antenna included in the starter kit.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Only this antenna is working
YoISP4R.jpg
Managed to get my dtv using this antenna coupled wif a usb amp on LG c7. Antenna needs 2 hang out of windows 😬 High floor city fringe. Honestly kinda disappointing coz only 2HD the rest still SD. Not really worth the effort unless looking for WC.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Managed to get my dtv using this antenna coupled wif a usb amp on LG c7. Antenna needs 2 hang out of windows 😬 High floor city fringe. Honestly kinda disappointing coz only 2HD the rest still SD. Not really worth the effort unless looking for WC.

I see. I live at the north but surrounded by other blocks. Also need to put at window then can receive. For me it is ok as long as can receive 八度空间 :s13:

I suppose Indonesian channels can also be received too ?

moron+genius

Reaction score
I see. I live at the north but surrounded by other blocks. Also need to put at window then can receive. For me it is ok as long as can receive 八度空间 :s13:

I suppose Indonesian channels can also be received too ?
Can get some indo analog channels but some too fuzzy can’t really see. do they haf digital channels yet? Wat channels/freq?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.