Any good headphone to recommend 120 to 150 range?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M40x arrived from Stereo.
Wow who says m40x is more neutral.. the bass is great in a good sense too.
Only thing I don't like is the clamp force too strong..

Otherwise liking it a lot.. for this price I think is really worth.

rnRj6DRl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score

the clamp force not so strong 1 la, u just extend the headband abit, i recommend u to buy velour pads + use paracord for the headband

velour pads --- this material can say is indestructible unless u go cut it, the stock pads will peel off after 7-8months of daily use

aftermarket braided cable --- wont get sticky after awhile, the stock cable thanks to our hot weather will get sticky

the paracord will also prolong the life of the leather headband (which will again peel off after 2~ years)
this is what i did:

img_comment%2Fi7zaKV6ASu62HrHeu5tL_IMG_20170624_002235.jpg
img_comment%2FpWJGNE5GSnmexxccJxcr_IMG_20170624_002251.jpg

Last edited:

undead102

Reaction score

Wa nice purchase. You bought the hd6xx and this m40x ar. So into headphones now ar lol. Great purchase btw. Clamping force for m40x m50x is like this de. Its not as comfortable as its using leather earpads and clamping force is stronger. As its a close back headphone bass is better then open back headphones due to it being close back and also with the leather earpads.

If I am not wrong the newer X model has lesser clamping force and a better leather pads compare to the older none X m40 and m50 version.

Note that if you change to velour pads for the m40x or m50x there will be even less bass but the highs might be better.

Hence I still prefer my ath ad500 for long hours of usage as the clamping force is little to none and you feel like you are not wearing anything at all due to the velour earpad and the none existing clamping force. But occasionally will grab my m50x to enjoy some bass thumping music.

undead102

Reaction score
the clamp force not so strong 1 la, u just extend the headband abit, i recommend u to buy velour pads + use paracord for the headband

Where you bought the paracord from? My m50x headband peel like lazy to buy headband to cover it.

xDragon

Reaction score

rnRj6DRl.jpg

If you compare the m40x to m50x, the former is more neutral what. Doesn't mean the bass is 'bad', the latter has excessive amounts of it imo XD

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you compare the m40x to m50x, the former is more neutral what. Doesn't mean the bass is 'bad', the latter has excessive amounts of it imo XD

nope definitely not bad... in fact i'm surprised the bass is punchy... m50x may be overemphasized in comparison. i'm glad i chose m40x :s13:

amelia80

Master Member
Reaction score
where is a good place to buy the m50x huh? seems everyone thinks its good

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Massdrop has a few good models on sale right now.

BirdbrainZ

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking of grabbing a m40x for myself too.

I've recently delved into headphones, and gotten a Meizu HD50 as a starter set to see how it feels. So far, it performs decently for the price I paid for it. I'm not entirely sure if the m40x is "superior" enough to the Meizu HD50 to warrant my attention. Or perhaps I should be looking at the m50x. Any thoughts?

rnRj6DRl.jpg

undead102

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the meizu hd50 will sound like as compare to the m40x as I have never heard the meizu headphones before. As far as I can tell the m40x is a headphone which produces sound quality that is very good for the price at around $100 sgd. Lots of reviews around the internet.

As for choosing between the m40x or m50x have to listen and audition it yourself to know which one produces the sound signature that you like. Basically the main difference is the added bass boost in the m50x.

Some like the m50x for its fun sounding sound signature and the improve bass over the m40x some like the m40x for its more neutral sound and more accurate sound signature. Just audition both and let your ear tell you which one you prefer. Both are great closed back headphones for the price.

There are however also open back headphones that sounds amazing with very wide open soundstage and amazing clarity vocals and crisp mids and highs like the hd650, ath-ad700x/ad500x but that is another story all together.

SHIL0H

Reaction score
If you're not looking at wireless, the Klipsch R6 on ear is a good choice. But it will have to push your Budget to $169 instead. $19 more but totally worth it!

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, where n what do you change m40x hearpad? Mine's flaking off

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.