HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried going down to hsbc to withdraw 200k cash from 1 premier acct to fund another new premier joint account and its still counted as fresh funds for bonus interest?

using cash withdrawal is abit risky, though i tried it on SCB esavers and it works

i probably will route to UOB high yield and cheque in the following day

Also HSBC is quite strict on source of funds, so its better to fund in tranches

manakr

Reaction score
Withdrawal

For those who entered the May/Jun/Jul promo, what's the earliest one can move the cash over to some other place? if the move is done in Aug, would one still get the bonus/debit spend interest for Jun and Jul?

Cheers!

jovialger

Reaction score
For those who entered the May/Jun/Jul promo, what's the earliest one can move the cash over to some other place? if the move is done in Aug, would one still get the bonus/debit spend interest for Jun and Jul?

Cheers!

In the past, it's ok to zerorise the account in early Aug, and transfer out any bonus interest received in Aug (for Jun spend/balance) asap when received.

Now that the bonus is credited 2 months later, come Sept, I wonder if the July bonus interest (to be received in late Sep) will be subject to $50 fall-below fee (charged in early Sep) for Aug insufficient balance, and that only the net amount after deducting $50 will be available as credit balance?

There has to be a reason why they amend the terms to be 2 mths crediting for bonus interest?

Am I correct?

mdax23

Reaction score
Last time they say fall below charges is deducted on 5th. If nothing to deduct on 5th, after that is safe. Dun noe if still true. lol

manakr

Reaction score
the customer service person on the online chat says the fall-below penalty is $10 for an advance account per mth. Otherwise need to maintain 30k min. Penalty seems reasonable if its 10$ only - if its 50 then its high

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the customer service person on the online chat says the fall-below penalty is $10 for an advance account per mth. Otherwise need to maintain 30k min. Penalty seems reasonable if its 10$ only - if its 50 then its high

$50 is for Premier fall below fee.

Reaction score
There is this portion like to clarify. If you funded Jul-Sep, will still need to maintain account for mths 4-6. Can you still use Oct as the reference mth by keeping adb as 0? then continue cycle on Nov. Or you can do that only after 6 mths, which is Jan?

can advise the above? is the only way to transfer between personal and joint?

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the past, it's ok to zerorise the account in early Aug, and transfer out any bonus interest received in Aug (for Jun spend/balance) asap when received.

Now that the bonus is credited 2 months later, come Sept, I wonder if the July bonus interest (to be received in late Sep) will be subject to $50 fall-below fee (charged in early Sep) for Aug insufficient balance, and that only the net amount after deducting $50 will be available as credit balance?

There has to be a reason why they amend the terms to be 2 mths crediting for bonus interest?

Am I correct?

for the may/jun/jul promo, not possible to withdraw before end of jul?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far bonus interest rec'd date range is from 21 Jul - 26 Jul.
Sat and Sun not counted, it is batched over 4 days.

mdax23

Reaction score
it's not a FD and no holding period. You can withdraw anytime, just missed out on maximizing the Step Up interest

I think they want to withdraw to keep the reference month zero in anticipation for the next promo ;)

laurent_rio

Reaction score
move my thread here

Hi,

I open HSBC advance account in mid June 2017 and register for step up bonus interest promotion. Until now i havent received this bonus interest in my account . Actually when should i received it ?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
move my thread here

Hi,

I open HSBC advance account in mid June 2017 and register for step up bonus interest promotion. Until now i havent received this bonus interest in my account . Actually when should i received it ?

Bonus interest credited typically 3rd week of Aug and latest by end Aug as per tncs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.