M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I reset my modem and router three times.
Keep getting the same IP address. Using 1Gbps here. So we are getting static ip address now?
Did you switch off both for a while (>3 mins) before switching back on again?

M1 still provides dynamic IP, it's just that the connection may not be completely ended and therefore M1 thinks that you're still in the active data session even with the ONT / router off.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Young_Man

Reaction score
I need to relocate my M1 fibre broadband to another location. I understand there is a relocation fee of $58.85. Any idea if the fee can be waived?

Thank you.

smoothtalker

Reaction score
M1 is the best. With proper hardware my M1 fibre always pass speed test. Hardware = cheap no good, good no cheap. Fibre network all the same. Just spent some money buy proper network card and router.

Last edited:

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
M1 is the best. With proper hardware my M1 fibre always pass speed test. Hardware = cheap no good, good no cheap. Fibre network all the same. Just spent some money buy proper network card and router.

Exactly. Invest in a decent or good router like ac68u, n56u, ac88u, or netgear Orbi it will also you for Years and M1 is really very good with the right hardware I agree

CoolRock

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get ubiquiti unifi, solid like a rock. ASUS also buay pai

tessina

Reaction score
Excited! Just signed M1 but too bad first appointment is delayed (manpower issue apparently).

tessina

Reaction score
Just what's listed on their website at the moment - I went for 12 month contract, 1 Gbps - as first time on M1, didn't want to commit too long, just in case bad experience. Hopefully not, judging by the feedback in this thread :)

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just what's listed on their website at the moment - I went for 12 month contract, 1 Gbps - as first time on M1, didn't want to commit too long, just in case bad experience. Hopefully not, judging by the feedback in this thread :)
Best experience is with third party DNS like OpenDNS and Google DNS. M1 DNS isn't as stable and during peak hour it is slower.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dWK2S6Zl.png

Fast.com speedtest result over M1 Fibre 300Mbps on ASUS RT-AC1200G+. Could be faster on 2X2 client.

Client: Redmi Note 4 MTK (capable of 1X1 AC).

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
It's always a bad thing for existing subscribers when too many people jump on the same bandwagon. :(

But it was always inevitable, when M1 offered the cheapest fibre package. :s8:

blueshero

Reaction score
Anybody living in admiralty area taking up M1 fibre broadband? Appreciate if you can share your experience using it thanks.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody living in admiralty area taking up M1 fibre broadband? Appreciate if you can share your experience using it thanks.
I'm not in Admiralty, but around.

Was using M1 Fibre in Woodlands for 6+ years, now in Sembawang (alr a few weeks).

No problems, especially with third party DNS M1 Fibre is very consistent, with exception only being during maintenance in the midnight. Standard for M1 Fibre.

Btw, speedtest locally shows ping of 3-5ms over WiFi on the HG8240 Black ONT, and 2-5ms over WiFi on the HG8240H White ONT (most new signup uses this ONT). I'm saying about in the north part of the country, dk about other parts.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.