Official August 2017 ROF

rightthumb

Reaction score
First round of ROF will be up soon. Plenty of those who didn't get a queue number for recent BTO/SBF will be trying their luck for this.

The only info on ROF thus far:
35medjk.jpg

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
All are leftover flats from SBF think is all the ulu and low level flats

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With just 1k plus units available for selection (typical SBF exercises offer about 4k), my bet is the ROF will offer only units in non mature estates, and/or units that are ready to move in now/very soon.

I have no idea how they can inform applicants of their queue number within ONE week when they take months to process it for SBF/BTO :s13:

yes1705

Master Member
Reaction score
HDB has no love for singles looking to buy 2-room flat in August 2017. They changed the SBF to ROF. Now I have to wait till November 2017. :(

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
HDB has no love for singles looking to buy 2-room flat in August 2017. They changed the SBF to ROF. Now I have to wait till November 2017. :(

Sorry, noob here..

SBF - Sales of Balance flats

ROF is ??

Paiseh.. what's the difference between these 2.. other than the processing time?

Thanks.

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, noob here..

SBF - Sales of Balance flats

ROF is ??

Paiseh.. what's the difference between these 2.. other than the processing time?

Thanks.

Thus far it seems no different from SBF apart from the fact that it is processed more quickly, the variety of flats are reduced, and there is no need to ballot by region. SBF has been running twice a year so ROF runs in the other two quarters.

xdrave

Reaction score
ROF will only have 1k plus flats..wonder how the crowd and queue be like :s13:

might go for this cuz i got a lousy number..21X out of 131 :s13:

polaris4dy

Reaction score
same here, very extremely despo... got 29/17 for punggol 3 room premium flat in recent SBF... dun even mind if left with 3rd floor unit.. but high chance all units will be taken up before my turn

interesting problem here for ROF, in the event if I get borderline number (e.g. when it is my turn, if all the leftover flats are of 4 room or 5 room or mature which I can't afford), will it be considered as I rejected 1 chance?

thinking hard before applying

ROF will only have 1k plus flats..wonder how the crowd and queue be like :s13:

might go for this cuz i got a lousy number..21X out of 131 :s13:

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here, very extremely despo... got 29/17 for punggol 3 room premium flat in recent SBF... dun even mind if left with 3rd floor unit.. but high chance all units will be taken up before my turn

interesting problem here for ROF, in the event if I get borderline number (e.g. when it is my turn, if all the leftover flats are of 4 room or 5 room or mature which I can't afford), will it be considered as I rejected 1 chance?

thinking hard before applying

Guess the only concern is the rejection ,since it is based on a pool of units.

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will be among the first to help HDB decide what would be the case by case cut off with 1k plus low floor flats to choose from... :s13:

xdrave

Reaction score
become test subjects ah...:s13:
think must be left all ground floor cannot clear:s22:

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Only apply if very very despo.

I sense quite a number of people will become 2nd rejects from this exercise making it slightly less competitive in Nov/May's SBF

Personally I'm conflicting between getting rof or just buy a resale without using grant since my boy coming out in Nov/dec.

Last edited:

jackyl_83sg

Reaction score
I applied for May SBF and didn't get a number as well. Totally no chance.
Will try my luck again for this coming August launch.

Wonder if can apply for both new flat and those balance flat.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.