Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

hiitsjlee

Reaction score
I don't have Robinsons card anymore but still got the $200 off yesterday,

How is Simmons Beautyrest Evolution? Cannot find any review online.... Still got time to change as I am only paying deposit...

not sure leh. but how much isit? pay full alr? saw simmons in usa vey very cheap. a loooooooooooot cheaper than sg. you see - http://www.mattressfirm.com/simmons...ect-ashaway-11"-plush-mattress/mfi113031.html

most imptly, make sure the bed can give you good sleep :)

Last edited:

chezelle

Reaction score
Any reviews on the following mattress?

- Max Coil Jardin 2
- Simmons Distinction
- Serta Cool Comfort

Appreciate any reviews. Thank you

hi cheeziie! haha so cool our names resembles so much ;) r u still considering these? hope it's not late to share with you! maxcoil users say the mattress will deform after few yrs. simmons wise...i saw the usa price online for same product is so much cheaper..serta nvr try before.

most ideal is buy the best mattress that gives you best sleep at the best! goodluck :))

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not like branded bags when you can buy back from overseas

shipping mattress will cost you a bomb thus no point comparing how cheap it is in the states

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any direct contacts for single size bed frame? Harvey norman all those too ex and there is discount only for purchase with purchase

zensushi

Reaction score
Looking to buy 1 king-sized mattress & 2 single mattresses.

It's down to either Sealy or Serta.

Likely getting the Supreme Plush mattress from Sealy's Enhance collection + the Courage mattresses from the PosturePremier range for my gals.

Currently using Serta mattress...

Anyone has other possible recommendations, please?

xorionn

Reaction score
my wife is preg and thinking of getting a good king size mattress, any recommendations?

Xiaojin

Reaction score
Lady Americana

Please do not buy Lady Americana in SG because the distributor here (showroom at Kaki Bukit) has been postponing my delivery a few times and till now still unable to commit a delivery date (it has been more than one month since we make arrange for the delivery). They are not in a stable condition (heard feedbacks from other mattress companies recently and judging from their current situation) and I am very worried that they will not deliver my items. It was very hard to call them and when confronted, they said it is because of bad reception at their showroom -.-“. When we go down to their showroom to get an answer and our money back, they could not provide because their boss was overseas dealing with issues with supplier. Even if their products are OK, they are the kind of business who potentially turn their back on the customers. Even if they tide over their issues now, they potentially have such problems arising again in future. Credibility is important. If they cannot deliver what they promise, they should not be in the business. 😡

We decided on them when we went for bed-shopping at the home furnishing fair at EXPO. I think the organisers should not let them participate in any of the fairs in future. Although it is not fair to the rest, these fairs at EXPO have not given me a good impression. The curtain/blinds business I engaged from the fair have been very disappointing too, still pending some issues with them too.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Sealy Enhance Orthopedic cushion firm at Robinsons bedshop? They seem to be pushing this model this sales but I quit like how the bed felt. Also tried their Enhance Hotel collection at boutique store, dunno which one to choose

mine was the orthopedic cushion firm 2. not badcompard to the non cushion which is harder i felt that paying 300 more for another layer of foam i feel is better

Persie

Reaction score
New mattress owners please.

Is it usual to have the actual mattress a lot firmer than the showroom piece and it seasons over time? :s22:

yes...it will get "seasoned" over time...esp if yours have a layer of pillowtop

Persie

Reaction score
Looking to buy 1 king-sized mattress & 2 single mattresses.

It's down to either Sealy or Serta.

Likely getting the Supreme Plush mattress from Sealy's Enhance collection + the Courage mattresses from the PosturePremier range for my gals.

Currently using Serta mattress...

Anyone has other possible recommendations, please?

You hv to test it out to find what suits u...for myself i got a serta perfect ultimate sleeper, which is firmer than what people would normally buy cos i like firm support.

by the way, sealy singapore doesnt carry pocket sprung mattress, which narrowed my options to serta, simmons or buy from overseas :)

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes...it will get "seasoned" over time...esp if yours have a layer of pillowtop

Thank you for sharing.
The piece that arrived was a lot firmer than what I tried in the showroom which I primarily bought because of it's softness.... hahah. I was a bit surprised when it felt very different.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lan the simmons mbs series price up $800, from $4300 to $5100

any other brand or series to recommend?

not gonna pay extra cos its mbs

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Deadshot, how to bring it over to sg by company ? Need some documents and possible a resale mattress in new clothing. Beware.

Some companies in sg offer 100 days trial mattress and HP mattress. These are likely recycled mattresses with added ingredients. Beware.

Last edited:

swift10

Reaction score
Hi, did you managed to get your mattress delivered? Just went do to their shop and is closed and the shop is empty
Please do not buy Lady Americana in SG because the distributor here (showroom at Kaki Bukit) has been postponing my delivery a few times and till now still unable to commit a delivery date (it has been more than one month since we make arrange for the delivery). They are not in a stable condition (heard feedbacks from other mattress companies recently and judging from their current situation) and I am very worried that they will not deliver my items. It was very hard to call them and when confronted, they said it is because of bad reception at their showroom -.-“. When we go down to their showroom to get an answer and our money back, they could not provide because their boss was overseas dealing with issues with supplier. Even if their products are OK, they are the kind of business who potentially turn their back on the customers. Even if they tide over their issues now, they potentially have such problems arising again in future. Credibility is important. If they cannot deliver what they promise, they should not be in the business. 😡

We decided on them when we went for bed-shopping at the home furnishing fair at EXPO. I think the organisers should not let them participate in any of the fairs in future. Although it is not fair to the rest, these fairs at EXPO have not given me a good impression. The curtain/blinds business I engaged from the fair have been very disappointing too, still pending some issues with them too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.