Reaction score

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Hi all!

My Starhub contract is expiring soon

How do I go about porting over to M1's mySIM plan?

Just head down to any M1 store and do the signing up and porting right? Then they will give me a SIM that will be activate in X hours and in the meantime I can keep using my Starhub line then when the M1 SIM is activated, I can just use it right?

Also, when is it a good time to port over? A few days before my Starhub contract ends(early penalty fees still apply right) or after my Starhub contract ends(Starhub will charge me a pro-rated rate right?)

Thanks alot in advance!

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

My Starhub contract is expiring soon

How do I go about porting over to M1's mySIM plan?

Just head down to any M1 store and do the signing up and porting right? Then they will give me a SIM that will be activate in X hours and in the meantime I can keep using my Starhub line then when the M1 SIM is activated, I can just use it right?

Also, when is it a good time to port over? A few days before my Starhub contract ends(early penalty fees still apply right) or after my Starhub contract ends(Starhub will charge me a pro-rated rate right?)

Thanks alot in advance!

Port over only when your contract is over. Maybe don't pay the bill that is before the porting (plan ahead), then wait for the final bill and pay the prorated bill, if it is your ONLY service with StarHub.

If you have other services still on StarHub, you should pay the bill still, if not if suspended would be some expensive mess to fix. StarHub is well known for this, so beware.

Go to M1 Shop, sign up for the mySIM contract. Tell them you want to port over the number from StarHub (same subscriber name), and they'll do it within 3 business days, during the midnight. (Most of the time port over request by 3pm will be done in the upcoming business night, after will be done on the next business night.)
After porting is successful, StarHub line will be deactivated, and M1 will take over the number. Both lines may lose service, so you have to reboot the M1 line to reconnect back, hopefully with the ported number.

Meanwhile, you'll be given the M1 SIM card with temporary number. Plan is activated and can use alr.

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Go to M1 Shop, sign up for the mySIM contract. Tell them you want to port over the number from StarHub (same subscriber name), and they'll do it within 3 business days, during the midnight. (Most of the time port over request by 3pm will be done in the upcoming business night, after will be done on the next business night.)
After porting is successful, StarHub line will be deactivated, and M1 will take over the number. Both lines may lose service, so you have to reboot the M1 line to reconnect back, hopefully with the ported number.

Meanwhile, you'll be given the M1 SIM card with temporary number. Plan is activated and can use alr.

Hi!

Thank you so much!

Is the process the same for online sign ups?

Like they send me the SIM card then wait for me to receive it then do the porting and activate the M1 SIM

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Port over only when your contract is over. Maybe don't pay the bill that is before the porting (plan ahead), then wait for the final bill and pay the prorated bill, if it is your ONLY service with StarHub.

If you have other services still on StarHub, you should pay the bill still, if not if suspended would be some expensive mess to fix. StarHub is well known for this, so beware.

So if I'm a hubber, porting the mobile number will be more complicated?? I wonder if it will affect my fibre and TV subscription.

Sent from An Island Run By Some Pathetic Government using GAGT

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
If port from one telco to another, must wait for 21 or 24 months contract end to avoid any extra charges?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Thank you so much!

Is the process the same for online sign ups?

Like they send me the SIM card then wait for me to receive it then do the porting and activate the M1 SIM

I think so, but the delivery charge of $21.40 or more just for a SIM Card isn't worth leh? May as well on Saturday or Sunday morning go M1 Shop do for free?

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
I think so, but the delivery charge of $21.40 or more just for a SIM Card isn't worth leh? May as well on Saturday or Sunday morning go M1 Shop do for free?

Oh there's delivery charge? AHHAHAHA I never actually tried to checkout before haha

Thanks a lot for your help! Will be visit the shop soon!

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh there's delivery charge? AHHAHAHA I never actually tried to checkout before haha

Thanks a lot for your help! Will be visit the shop soon!

Singapore leh, where got free things deh? :s13:
Sometimes say free, but actually is included alr lo the price. Hidden fees.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

y2k_tay

Reaction score
Hmm ok. Not time to switch yet but interested in those SIM only plans. Contracts are getting more and more expensive instead of getting cheaper.

Thanks!

Posted with the risk of PAP able to read my posts via PCWX

Ya feel the same too. Seems like average plans increasing to $60++ with reasonable data. :(

Anyone here subscribe to M1 mysim plans? Can this be port over to future telcos?;)
Or have done this before?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya feel the same too. Seems like average plans increasing to $60++ with reasonable data. :(

Anyone here subscribe to M1 mysim plans? Can this be port over to future telcos?;)
Or have done this before?

If you've no contract mySIM (lesser data and no Upsized data eligibility), yes you can port out of M1 anytime.

Those on the 12 months mySIM, you can always port out, but 20% of the bill for the remaining period is chargeable as part of the penalty.
Example: mySIM+ 20 plan. If terminate prematurely, you'll have to pay $4/mth for the remaining contractual period.

Those on SingTel SIM-Only 12 months would have to pay the whole plan at full price (including the 1-for-1 and 25GB add on VASes) until the contract ends.

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you've no contract mySIM (lesser data and no Upsized data eligibility), yes you can port out of M1 anytime.

Those on the 12 months mySIM, you can always port out, but 20% of the bill for the remaining period is chargeable as part of the penalty.
Example: mySIM+ 20 plan. If terminate prematurely, you'll have to pay $4/mth for the remaining contractual period.

Those on SingTel SIM-Only 12 months would have to pay the whole plan at full price (including the 1-for-1 and 25GB add on VASes) until the contract ends.

:eek:

where did u saw those TNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.