batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
HTC Pixel 2

htc-pixel-2.jpg

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
what's the current headset you are using now?

:o

I was using LG Tone+ till 2 weeks ago that I changed to jaybird X3. My Tone+ is still working fine with caveat, e.g. auto restart if try to connect to 2 devices at the same time, no such issue previously. The Tone+ batt is still better based on my usage, i.e., only need to charge once a week. I have to charge twice a week with X3 now.

But after using my Pixel XL, i really miss the front firing speakers.

Personally, I don't mind the bezels if those will indeed be stereo front facing speakers like N6P.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope it's water resistant...... All the bigger players already have water resistant phones, even Apple.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the Pixel 2. The Pixel XL 2 is made by LG, which will have the "new" design. Personally, I have no complain on N6P bezels, so I also have no complain on Pixel 2 bezels.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the Pixel 2. The Pixel XL 2 is made by LG, which will have the "new" design. Personally, I have no complain on N6P bezels, so I also have no complain on Pixel 2 bezels.

Does the XL 2 looks like the non XL except bigger?

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the XL 2 looks like the non XL except bigger?

Nope, diff. Based on leaks the screen will look like G6/V30 screen. The rear/back will probably look similar though with slight curves at the edges?

140060-phones-feature-pixel-2-renders-image2-x4jlbqimyu.jpg

140060-phones-feature-pixel-2-renders-image4-scr3wvf4ld.jpg

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, diff. Based on leaks the screen will look like G6/V30 screen. The rear/back will probably look similar though with slight curves at the edges?

140060-phones-feature-pixel-2-renders-image2-x4jlbqimyu.jpg

140060-phones-feature-pixel-2-renders-image4-scr3wvf4ld.jpg

Wow so different but I thought Google designed the phon? Instead now, the phones bear the signature of the manufacturer's design. XL would be my choice with the G6/v30 bezel less look

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow so different but I thought Google designed the phon? Instead now, the phones bear the signature of the manufacturer's design. XL would be my choice with the G6/v30 bezel less look

Yup, sure, it's Google branded phone. Google also made the design decision, etc, but does not mean they won't want to use existing design from the OEM they are working with. Personally, I don't see issues by reusing existing design from OEM. In fact, in a way, it's better, since the OEM has had experience in the design, hence will be able to improve upon it if they choose to.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wish Google/ LG can look at Singapore! We need to have official Pixel 2 phone and Google Home to be sold here since we are left out for Pixel (2016) and waiting for official Google Play Music All Access is like waiting for human to land on Mars. Apple got iTunes Music for purchase and streaming with Apple Music for years, spotify is also here but not Google Play Music and allow us to have the option to save YouTube video (offline) for Singapore. Lol.

Last edited:

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, sure, it's Google branded phone. Google also made the design decision, etc, but does not mean they won't want to use existing design from the OEM they are working with. Personally, I don't see issues by reusing existing design from OEM. In fact, in a way, it's better, since the OEM has had experience in the design, hence will be able to improve upon it if they choose to.

Then they should just stick with Nexus instead of Pixel as I recalled them saying all design is by Google hence the new Pixel was borned. All Nexus phones were reasonably priced but Pixel is premium. Besides, how can they have Pixel and the XL looked and spec(??) so different? It doesn't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.