Clementi Peaks & Clementi NorthArc - Feb 2017 BTO

Yevin227

Reaction score
#205 the bedroom windows is above the "Service Bay". Is that the spot where people unload and load goods? May be noisy as more and more people are going for online shopping. Redmart /Ninja Van will come often? Just a guess.

#205 is sandwiched by 4 corners of 5-room flats. Not sure if fengshui got any problems. :D

If I am you taking 4-room, there are better choices than #205.

in your opinion, what are the best stacks for 4-room for NA? I see #251 and #253 getting high take-up rates. Not sure why as well.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in your opinion, what are the best stacks for 4-room for NA? I see #251 and #253 getting high take-up rates. Not sure why as well.

I feel that #251 and #253 are very ideal units.

+ Their bedroom windows are facing the North. Hence #251 and #253 do not "see" the 2 Chinese temples and the future church.

+ The lower floors of #251 and #253 (lower than 13th level) do not "see" the canal (Got Block 210C #259 and #261 to shield the canal).

+ Does not face the busy/noisy Avenue 6 road.

+ Not near the noisy shophouses and supermarket

+ Not near the entrance/exit points of the carpark.

+ If need to choose either #251 or #253. I will choose #251. #253 service yard is exposed to the common corridor... your clothes are visible to the public. Maybe at night, mischievous youngsters will throw rubbish or cigarettes at your clothes. #251's service yard is facing the outside.

That's why so many people have selected #251 and #253. Not many units left...

Last edited:

kstrike

Reaction score

+ Their bedroom windows are facing the North. Hence #251 and #253 do not "see" the 2 Chinese temples and the future church.

+ The lower floors of #251 and #253 (lower than 13th level) do not "see" the canal (Got Block 210C #259 and #261 to shield the canal).

+ If need to choose either #251 or #253. I will choose #251. #253 service yard is exposed to the common corridor... your clothes are visible to the public. Maybe at night, mischievous youngsters will throw rubbish or cigarettes at your clothes. #251's service yard is facing the outside.

Given what you have mentioned, #249 is a better unit. Another 2 pros which is 1. standalone unit 2. L-shaped living room.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given what you have mentioned, #249 is a better unit. Another 2 pros which is 1. standalone unit 2. L-shaped living room.

I was replying to Yevin227 who asked about #251 and #253.

Now as I look at #249, it is as good as #251. They share the same set of good attributes. The difference is whether the owners prefer the storeroom to be in the kitchen OR in the living room. This is a personal preference as some like to keep shoes/toilet papers/shampoo stuff in the storeroom for easy access. Some prefer to keep fying pans/pots, cooking oil and sauces in storeroom and prefers it to be located in the kitchen?

Any fengshui benefits for having a L shape living room? Anyone can share more? :)

P.S #249 contains a "4". Some Chinese may avoid due to superstition.

Last edited:

newbie2017

Reaction score

Why #251 service yard "exposed" to worship places good? This service yard also facing western sun. Thus, the kitchen might be like sauna comes evening.
In addition #252, 253 and another unit are close to each other.
Hence I don't understand why they are popular.

Dyles

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the queue number moving? If not, then it is natural that the units are not getting selected.

Like I said before, Peaks and NorthArc might be the last BTO for Clementi for a while. Many of us thought Crest was the last BTO as Clementi not much available land left. Whoever got the BTO will see the flat price appreciate greatly in the future.

When I went for selection, the staff mentioned that may will have another Clementi BTO coming soon. I'm also not sure whether to trust a not, but he did told us that the Aug Sales of Balance will be special (note that my selection is mid july) and truth is it that they are doing "Reoffering" instead of the normal sales of balance. So I think what he said may be true after all.

Dyles

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah north arc is poo. Confirm alot will drop out

Basically, getting a clementi BTO is really lucky already. If you queue number is within the allocated number of flats, even more so because you are guaranteed a flat despite it being heavily oversubscribed. Heck, I felt getting any BTO is considered lucky, how many couples failed to get BTO after many attempts..

IMO, NorthArc isn't ****/poo/sucks.. Peaks is only comparably better if you consider the distance to MRT and amenities nearby. North Arc has their own good points. The landscapping deck is attractive and being 1km within Nanhua primary itself makes many parents fight for it (Tho I hope these parents know what they're doing).

Many units in NA are also North/South facing, hence avoiding the much disliked east/west sun. High floor South facing units should be able to see the sea as well.

In terms of layout, I really prefer the cleaner layout whereby the utility/shelter is located within the kitchen, thus more space in the living room. (Tho I'm pretty concerned with the Master Bedroom layout as I've mentioned previously)

If you are driving, it also means that you can park your car and then head directly up to your flat instead of going up the MSCP daily then climb down again and walk to your flat.

other advantages include faster completion time and the flats being nicer on the outlook (cause of the landscaping deck and paint job).

I've only listed a few, there are so many more good points about NA. I felt that NA by itself is a really good project that sadly got overshadowed by peaks just because peaks is nearer. If the BTO is only NA (i.e. no peaks), ppl will still snatch up the units as well and wont compare with peaks.

U selected Clementi peaks?

Sent from BlackBerry BBB100-2 using GAGT

Yes. Managed to get one.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi hi. May I know if you guys have any comment on stack 235 5 room? Thx

(+) Block 210B's Stack 235 has a balcony. Stack 237 don't have.

(+) Similarly to Stack 251 (4-rm), Stack 235's service yard is protected from outsiders. The corner lift creates depth in case people use poles to poke/steal your laundry.

(+) All the bedroom windows are north facing, will not see the Chinese temples and Church. Very good!

(-) Stack 235 is next to 5 lifts. You will expect to hear some noise from neighbours entering/exiting the lift everyday if you are okay with it.

(+ or -? ) Good or Bad news? So far, #21-235 to #33-235 have been selected by earlier queue numbers. The good news is... Block 210C's both Stack 255 and Stack 257's highest floor is #21. So if you pick #20-235 and lower floors, you will be shielded from the view of the canal from the north. (No benefit from Stack 265 as the highest floor is #17). This is depending if you believe in Feng Shui. Some people don't like windows facing the canal.

Last edited:

chillpill8

Reaction score
(+) Block 210B's Stack 235 has a balcony. Stack 237 don't have.

(+) Similarly to Stack 251 (4-rm), Stack 235's service yard is protected from outsiders. The corner lift creates depth in case people use poles to poke/steal your laundry.

(+) All the bedroom windows are north facing, will not see the Chinese temples and Church. Very good!

(-) Stack 235 is next to 5 lifts. You will expect to hear some noise from neighbours entering/exiting the lift everyday if you are okay with it.

(+ or -? ) Good or Bad news? So far, #21-235 to #33-235 have been selected by earlier queue numbers. The good news is... Block 210C's both Stack 255 and Stack 257's highest floor is #21. So if you pick #20-235 and lower floors, you will be shielded from the view of the canal from the north. (No benefit from Stack 265 as the highest floor is #17). This is depending if you believe in Feng Shui. Some people don't like windows facing the canal.

I think the lift which is near the kitchen will have little impact in terms of noise. I am currently staying in a flat which has two lifts behind my kitchen similar to what is seen here and i do not hear the lifts. But maybe i am already accustomed to the noise from the lift.

On a separate note, any idea why the demand for stack 203 - 5 room is so low apart from the balcony? Fengshui reasons? 3 units chosen out of 33 floors as compared to 201 beside it which has 24 units chosen from the 33 floors.

blur88

Reaction score
Just realised that the price difference between the floors are not equal. For certain levels, its $1K+ extra for each level. But some have jumps of $3K or so. Why is this so?

hybridcar

Reaction score
Just realised that the price difference between the floors are not equal. For certain levels, its $1K+ extra for each level. But some have jumps of $3K or so. Why is this so?

Prices are depend on certain factors like the facing (block or unblock), exclusivity (no of unit on the same floor), bigger floor space (balcony) etc

angelcaiyuan

Reaction score
Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 4-Room flat in Clementi under the February 2017 BTO exercise as at 15 August 2017 : 00704

Strange ?? : My queue number is 67X , and my appointment is on 15 August and I have not go down to HDB to make mine selection yet, why is my queue number been skip and the number has jump so far , before the day the last queue number is only 644, has HDB not reflect the number correctly or give wrong queue number ??

geegeeliao

Reaction score
Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 4-Room flat in Clementi under the February 2017 BTO exercise as at 15 August 2017 : 00704

Strange ?? : My queue number is 67X , and my appointment is on 15 August and I have not go down to HDB to make mine selection yet, why is my queue number been skip and the number has jump so far , before the day the last queue number is only 644, has HDB not reflect the number correctly or give wrong queue number ??

The queue number they stated is not updated real time. It's simply the last queue number for that day.

hybridcar

Reaction score

This means HDB will serve up to 704 as at end of today or 60 numbers will be serve by HDB on 15 Aug 2017.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.