SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

orinyori

Reaction score
HR people. just find out not only marking stricter to align pt and ft hr students modules.. the same modules we are taking as them now, we are taking the SAME SET of exam paper already.lol

Actually for psychology units this has already been the case. The FT students who take psychology minor take classes with the PT students and the exam paper is the same. I think it's only fair that both FT and PT students have the same exam paper if the degree is to be equally credited.

The difference between FT and PT should only be the timing we have classes and the number of units you take per semester (if you choose to take less units). Personally, I would feel very insulted to take an easier paper or a paper with an easier marking scheme simply because I am doing the degree PT.

In fact, from day 1 during the program briefing, we have been told that the quality of the degree is not different from FT programs. Also, as PT students, we were advised to not overload and to avoid taking 4 units because 4 units is the load FT students take. This is because the difficulty level of the units is the same regardless of whether you are doing it via FT or PT pathway. I'm not sure about the other schools but at the very least, this is the case for the SASS. This is the reason why psychology students from UniSIM/SUSS could go on to do the Masters in Clinical Studies with NUS, and other further psychology programs in recognised universities overseas.

So if the papers were different and easier for PT HR compared to FT HR previously, you should be glad that they would be the same from now on. This way, even though you are doing the PT program, your degree would actually be of the same level as those from the FT program. :)

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually for psychology units this has already been the case. The FT students who take psychology minor take classes with the PT students and the exam paper is the same. I think it's only fair that both FT and PT students have the same exam paper if the degree is to be equally credited.

The difference between FT and PT should only be the timing we have classes and the number of units you take per semester (if you choose to take less units). Personally, I would feel very insulted to take an easier paper or a paper with an easier marking scheme simply because I am doing the degree PT.

In fact, from day 1 during the program briefing, we have been told that the quality of the degree is not different from FT programs. Also, as PT students, we were advised to not overload and to avoid taking 4 units because 4 units is the load FT students take. This is because the difficulty level of the units is the same regardless of whether you are doing it via FT or PT pathway. I'm not sure about the other schools but at the very least, this is the case for the SASS. This is the reason why psychology students from UniSIM/SUSS could go on to do the Masters in Clinical Studies with NUS, and other further psychology programs in recognised universities overseas.

So if the papers were different and easier for PT HR compared to FT HR previously, you should be glad that they would be the same from now on. This way, even though you are doing the PT program, your degree would actually be of the same level as those from the FT program. :)

ya but at the same time.. pt= same level of difficulty in addition to having a full time job(for those that are working). But ya,pt allow us to take any amount of modules per semester while full time "force" the students to take 4 per semester hor?

hmm..what if for the psy course, maybe all the while pt and ft students take same paper, but pt they mark easier? only this semester onwards change to everything same including marking guide

True laa. degree more recognised= harder paper..

just have to graduate asap

Last edited:

77degrees

Reaction score
Also, as PT students, we were advised to not overload and to avoid taking 4 units because 4 units is the load FT students take. This is because the difficulty level of the units is the same regardless of whether you are doing it via FT or PT pathway. I'm not sure about the other schools but at the very least, this is the case for the SASS. This is the reason why psychology students from UniSIM/SUSS could go on to do the Masters in Clinical Studies with NUS, and other further psychology programs in recognised universities overseas.

Hmms, do you mean 4 units/mods per sem? If it is, from what I understood is that, there are 2 terms in one sem. So if 2 units/mods per term is still very hard to manage is it?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
feeling the heat... the gba question seems more difficult and harder to split the question since now there is more linkage in between, lec oso share that need more research, analytical answers,etc and the turnitin plagiarism rate cannot more den 25%.

Same here, feeling the heat as well. Anyway, turnitin cannot be more than 25% ? What will happen if more than that ?

Think I will be stuck at 3rd class honours...

onepiecepop

Reaction score
Same here, feeling the heat as well. Anyway, turnitin cannot be more than 25% ? What will happen if more than that ?

Think I will be stuck at 3rd class honours...

my lec share tat if more than tat, will kana internal audit, may receive letter, etc. Since new status of being autonomous uni, the audit will be fierce at least for the near future within first 5 year.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
my lec share tat if more than tat, will kana internal audit, may receive letter, etc. Since new status of being autonomous uni, the audit will be fierce at least for the near future within first 5 year.

I see. Just now I submitted my TMA, turnitin already 30% :s13:

Hazely

Reaction score
hi does anyone knw for pt studies, our ft job have to be related to our course of study?

NevaehJF

Reaction score
hi does anyone knw for pt studies, our ft job have to be related to our course of study?
No, it doesn't have to be. U just need to have either a full-time job or had been employed full time for at least 2 yrs before u can apply for any course of your choice.

orinyori

Reaction score
ya but at the same time.. pt= same level of difficulty in addition to having a full time job(for those that are working). But ya,pt allow us to take any amount of modules per semester while full time "force" the students to take 4 per semester hor?

hmm..what if for the psy course, maybe all the while pt and ft students take same paper, but pt they mark easier? only this semester onwards change to everything same including marking guide

True laa. degree more recognised= harder paper..

just have to graduate asap

"pt= same level of difficulty in addition to having a full time job(for those that are working)"
This is really a choice that one has to make. I am holding a full time job on top of doing the degree part-time. This is the choice I made for wanting to do both at the same time instead of quitting and taking a program full time.
If you think that having a full-time job should result in easier papers for the part-time qualification, wouldn't this be an unfair advantage for people doing part-time studies and quitting their jobs so that they can better cope with the program?

I can't say for all programs for SUSS, I also cannot confirm that the marking was not more lenient for part-time students. But I sure wish that there was no leniency given for part-time students. In fact, SUSS is not the only university that has the same exam papers for both part-time and full-time students. For the UOL program, full-time students do 4 units per year, part-time students can choose to take less units. The exams for both are conducted on the same day, at the same time, with the same paper. So there is nothing wrong for SUSS to be having the same papers and same marking schemes.

I think as long as you have this mindset, you are right, you should just aiim to graduate ASAP. :)

orinyori

Reaction score
Hmms, do you mean 4 units/mods per sem? If it is, from what I understood is that, there are 2 terms in one sem. So if 2 units/mods per term is still very hard to manage is it?

Yes. 4units/mods per semester. Basically, the school advises against this since this is the full-time load and most of us are having full-time jobs as well. But this is the official advice - they do not stop you if you choose to take the max load.

In fact, I'm doing 4 units per semester (2 units per term) and so far I'm doing ok. I have been speaking to other classmates doing other programs (BAEP, BAPYB, BCMP) as well and many of them are already in their third year and working on their minors now. They have been doing 4 units per semester and are doing well. I think at the end of the day, it's dependent on how much time and effort you have and are willing to spend on it. If you can able to dedicate the effort, it would be ok. You just need to consider your current commitments (eg. if you have two toddlers running about in the house, you would have less time to work on your studies compared to someone who is single. so everyone's commitment levels are different). :)

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw to sidetrack abit, if only work part time job and never work full time, will you get accepted if u apply for the PT programme?

onepiecepop

Reaction score
any info about the skill future thing? now can claim to offset this sem fees already?

by the way, anyone taking HRM373 Assessment and Selection? looking to crash class T01 or T03 onwards.....

Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if tat one part time job,u work for 2 years le.= yes can get accepted

Yes, I gt a fren who's lidat, work more than 2 yrs le in a the same job bt it's PT, any chance of getting accepted?

Anybody who works only PT get accepted b4?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.