Mobile safari ads spyware

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Surfing hwz forum and accidentally click on something on site ad and leads to ads.

How can I clean it up?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surfing hwz forum and accidentally click on something on site ad and leads to ads.

How can I clean it up?

HWZ got spyware meh.... these are ads stored as cookies. Just need to delete them away by clearing cache and cookies will do..

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
y aren't u using an adblocker?

It's turned on in settings, but as I scroll the page, could have tap on some nonsense and it prompt me 'win iphone' malware pop up screen

chris888222

Reaction score

How can I clean it up?

Ads aren’t spyware.

But yeah, you should probably install an adblocker. Plenty of options from the App Store but personally I use adguard.

Edit:
Usually I force close safari and then quickly remove the ad tab when I encounter the “winner” stuff.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ads aren’t spyware.

But yeah, you should probably install an adblocker. Plenty of options from the App Store but personally I use adguard.

Edit:
Usually I force close safari and then quickly remove the ad tab when I encounter the “winner” stuff.

How do u remove the ad tab?

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
HWZ got spyware meh.... these are ads stored as cookies. Just need to delete them away by clearing cache and cookies will do..

I've cleared all my safari data, but at random times on hwz forum page, it'll still change to an ad or 'scam' message which I can't go back

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've cleared all my safari data, but at random times on hwz forum page, it'll still change to an ad or 'scam' message which I can't go back

use a better adblocker

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
qpsV0gE.jpg

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
hmm if can provide the URL will be great so that boss can block them :s12:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations?

I'm using Adguard which has user configurable rules. there r so many others like BlockBear, Purify etc. just search for content blocker in e App Store...

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I'm using Adguard which has user configurable rules. there r so many others like BlockBear, Purify etc. just search for content blocker in e App Store...

prefer to seek recommendations for a simple to use and yet effective one.
only worry is that it'll slow the phone.

not aware tt idevice also need such 3rd party blockers

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prefer to seek recommendations for a simple to use and yet effective one.
only worry is that it'll slow the phone.

not aware tt idevice also need such 3rd party blockers

just go try n figure out for yrself? all those mentioned work plug n play. Adguard has additional features...

not aware? umm all browsers work like that dude :s22:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.