Racial slur again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
Malays like ARK and Marissa were banned for using racial slur against the Chinese.

But that boy from Clementi kept on using mud for the Malays with no problem.

Why is that so?

peace and harmony in action in mudland.

good job!

PeacefulNemesis

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he was banned not so long ago. in fact, at least twice these few months...Lying to play victim again...tsk tsk tsk...

Last edited:

PeacefulNemesis

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and did you report against ARK and Marissa or open thread on their racial slur?

tsk tsk tsk...hypocrite shamelessly showing his hypocrisy again.

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mods, take a look at this TS playing the victim card again and harassing me again.

you told me to ignore this fella and i did.
but this fella continues to harass me.
so how?

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and mods, this fella is butt hurt and overly sensitive over my description of another country by linking it to malays when it is not true.

please look into this harassment case. thank you.

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
A Malay should not refer to the Chinese race as chinks.

As well, a Chinese should not refer to the Malays as muds.

A Malay called the Chinese ***** and was immediately banned. This boy from Clementi has been doing it more than once, referring to the Malays as mud.

I am not harassing him, btw.

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mods, i am mentioning the name of another country in another way.
TS is butt hurt and playing the victim card and harassing me.
How i call another country is none of its business.

i have followed mods, recommendation to put the z boy on the ignore list but seems that this boy is still harassing me.

PeacefulNemesis

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mods, i am mentioning the name of another country in another way.
TS is butt hurt and playing the victim card and harassing me.
How i call another country is none of its business.

i have followed mods, recommendation to put the z boy on the ignore list but seems that this boy is still harassing me.

He is your no#1 fan. He just can't get enough of you :s13::s13::s13:

cranthir

Reaction score
Malays like ARK and Marissa were banned for using racial slur against the Chinese.

But that boy from Clementi kept on using mud for the Malays with no problem.

Why is that so?

first of all I dun even know if ARK and Marissa are really Malays.

2nd of all, they weren't banned immediately, Marissa was given warnings but continue to persist. Their ban come from accumulated infractions.

In July alone, Clementiboy was given 9 points and I think he just served a 1 weeks ban.

On the use of slurs, I think I said it before, on considering whether to infract, I look at context and also frequency.

FYI, I found only 1 comment in the past 1 week. and I have given points accordingly.

this has also been infracted.

For me I look at context, if the slur are used in an abusive or insulting manner then for sure, it will be infracted.

however, the complexity of the issue of the usage of such terms needs to be noted. For instance, many of the terms listed in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs (such as "Gringo", "Yank", etc.) are used by large numbers of human beings in many parts of the world as part of their ordinary speech or thinking without any intention of causing offence, and with little or no evidence that such usage does in fact cause much offence. Then in such case, no action will be taken.

If there was broad generalization against a particular race like useless etc, then even if is not a slur, points may still be given, depending the context of whether the post cause offence.

Hope this clarify
Thanks man.

That is great.

if "mud" are used repeatedly to refer to a race in an abusive or insulting manner then for sure, it will be infracted because it fulfil both context and frequency criteria.

This is clear.

If a term like yankee or amdk is used in a context that is without any intention of causing offence, and with little or no evidence that such usage does in fact cause much offence. Then we will give benefit of doubt.
If you or Clementiboy frequently troll and stir racial issues, just toeing without crossing the line. Even without outright explicit use of racial insults, we reserve the right to infract for being a nuisance. Even if the post when consider in isolation might seem innocent.

In this context, clementi is referring to Malaysia, Malaysia is a multiracial country, not a malay country. Correct me if I am wrong, I do not think most Singaporeans Malays identified with Malaysia more than Malaysian of Chinese and Indian ethnicity.
A Malaysian like nachtsider may have a more valid case to take offence about this remark.

In this case, admin and senior mods will decide whether to infract lest junior mods be accused of "abusing" power on grey areas.

I do not want to see any squabbling on this thread until Admin reply.

sayang_ol

Banned
Reaction score
Can sayang input abit also. This is like the 3rd or 4th time ts have created similar thread in feedback section this year alone, beside tossing out threats to edmwers left and right in edmw section when the general thread mood is not favourable to him. Last week its csnation's turn.

PeacefulNemesis

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A Malay should not refer to the Chinese race as chinks.

As well, a Chinese should not refer to the Malays as muds.

A Malay called the Chinese ***** and was immediately banned. This boy from Clementi has been doing it more than once, referring to the Malays as mud.

I am not harassing him, btw.

He wasn't immediately banned. Lying again....keeps lying and lying and lying...

tsk tsk tsk....

Windborn79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys need to ignore people like him, if no one gives attention to him, he will stop sooner or later. Unless moderators really give infractions whenever he opens such threads just based on his feedback alone.

Reaction score
how is mud considered degradatory? it is short for mohammad/muhammad. which is the name of the prophet or something.

when i was in army, i had this friend, who had this malay "indian-chief", who made everyone call him mud.

junnosuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is mud considered degradatory? it is short for mohammad/muhammad. which is the name of the prophet or something.

when i was in army, i had this friend, who had this malay "indian-chief", who made everyone call him mud.

stopped reading at word in bold red

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Saying that the prophet Muhammad has a short name called "mud" is already considered "degradatory"

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
first of all I dun even know if ARK and Marissa are really Malays.

2nd of all, they weren't banned immediately, Marissa was given warnings but continue to persist. Their ban come from accumulated infractions.

In July alone, Clementiboy was given 9 points and I think he just served a 1 weeks ban.

On the use of slurs, I think I said it before, on considering whether to infract, I look at context and also frequency.

if "mud" are used repeatedly to refer to a race in an abusive or insulting manner then for sure, it will be infracted because it fulfil both context and frequency criteria.

This is clear.

If a term like yankee or amdk is used in a context that is without any intention of causing offence, and with little or no evidence that such usage does in fact cause much offence. Then we will give benefit of doubt.
If you or Clementiboy frequently troll and stir racial issues, just toeing without crossing the line. Even without outright explicit use of racial insults, we reserve the right to infract for being a nuisance. Even if the post when consider in isolation might seem innocent.

In this context, clementi is referring to Malaysia, Malaysia is a multiracial country, not a malay country. Correct me if I am wrong, I do not think most Singaporeans Malays identified with Malaysia more than Malaysian of Chinese and Indian ethnicity.
A Malaysian like nachtsider may have a more valid case to take offence about this remark.

In this case, admin and senior mods will decide whether to infract lest junior mods be accused of "abusing" power on grey areas.

I do not want to see any squabbling on this thread until Admin reply.

If you want to allow him to use mudland slur, please allow the Malays to use slantedcity slur.

Both are slurs.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want to allow him to use mudland slur, please allow the Malays to use slantedcity slur.

Both are slurs.
Bro, may I know the reason why you don't make a report but create a thread in Feedback?

Am I right to say that you are implying that the moderators support those statements and that they protect those offenders? Thus prompting you to create a public thread?

Sent from OPPO F1s using GAGT

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Please use the report button instead of creating threads here.

Thanks.

All posts will be looked through.

Thread closed for investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.