Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess it's cos of the notification light.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

That's right. White only noti on Mi Max 2 really turned me off.. Haha.

I didn't realize that Mi Max 2 has White only LED when I bought it. :(

I can't tell what is what noti from a distance by looking at the White only LED, so that I can choose to ignore or reach for my phone to read the notification especially during charging and when I'm busy as well as in silent mode.

I feel so handicapped and unproductive and frustrating using it. :(

With Mi Max, my general noti is Cyan. My sms is green. My WhatsApp is Purple and my call/missed call is Red and my Facebook noti can show the default Blue so that from a distance, I can choose to ignore or reach for my phone to read whatever noti that I deemed important to me.... :)

Last edited:

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
would you be stunned if I straightaway asked you, "no application can change the noti colors?" ,instead of guessing?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
like that... then next time got new phones come out, you cannot hoot first liao unless you don't mind making losses whenever the phones have only one kind of color. let others be guinea pigs first!

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like that... then next time got new phones come out, you cannot hoot first liao unless you don't mind making losses whenever the phones have only one kind of color. let others be guinea pigs first!

No lah!:s8:

I have never never expected that Xiaomi would remove the color LED on Mi Max 2 mah! Color LED is so basic even on a super budget modeds! That was the least expected part to be downgraded!

So, I didn't pay attention to the White only LED when reading through the specification of Mi Max 2.

My own fault lah! :o

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
No lah!:s8:

I have never never expected that Xiaomi would remove the color LED on Mi Max 2 mah! Color LED is so basic even on a super budget modeds! That was the least expected part to be downgraded!

So, I didn't pay attention to the White LED only when reading through the specification of Mi Max 2.

My own fault lah! :o

but did you find it a pity to give up m2 because it has only one noti color?
I don't know other users but to me, I am fine with it as my noti is only SMS since other types of noti consumes battery.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but did you find it a pity to give up m2 because it has only one noti color?
I don't know other users but to me, I am fine with it as my noti is only SMS since other types of noti consumes battery.

I don't find it pity coz personally, color LED is much more important to me over the dual speaker and bigger battery.

As for the battery. I have a deskbound job. I can fast charge my battery while at work and that I do carry a 10000mha power bank in my bag when staying out for a long period of time and when traveling. Therefore, bigger battery of Mi Max 2 is so much less important to me lor.

Individual preferences and priorities, of coz. :)

Last edited:

mun

Reaction score
i also didn't know mm2 only has white noti until i saw this thread. but, i am okay with it :)

pokipoki08

Reaction score
My thoughts on xiaomi models: too many using SD625!

Waiting until neck long oredi, theres SD 626, 630, 660 but none from xiaomi!

White led is small issue, hope their in hse CPU is worth something, so next year upgrade cycle gets interesting

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
I can't undertstand the logic of the White-Only LED besides saving battery life but again, how much is the saving as compared to a Color LED ?:s11:

Me too, esp. for flagship phone like Mi6 ! I don't think multi-color LED that pricey...

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor..

Even the Chinese themselves are disappointed and kpkb about the White LED.. and thus, reluctant to upgrade or rejected it.

No wonder the sales of Max 2 is bad in China.

It looks like almost all the new Xiaomi models in 2017 come with white LED.. :(

No logic to me.

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor..

Even the Chinese themselves are disappointed and kpkb about the White LED.. and thus, reluctant to upgrade or rejected it.

No wonder the sales of Max 2 is bad in China.

It looks like almost all the new Xiaomi models in 2017 come with white LED..
:(

No logic to me.

For me as long as got light can liao...currently on my Moto Z Play, the stock ROM doesn't even light up for notifications. I'm on a custom ROM though, which enables the notification light, which is white only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.