Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro | J7 Pro - Premium Galaxy on the budget!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premium budget phones is now a thing with Samsung! Introducing the Galaxy J3 Pro and Galaxy J7 Pro!
samsungj3j7news_.jpg

Galaxy J3 Pro
sg-galaxy-j3-pro-j330-sm-j330gzddxsp-frontgold-72982990

Specs at a glance:
- Exynos 7570 14nm quad-core, up to 1.4GHz
- 5.0" PLS LCD HD 720p display
- 2GB RAM+16GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB
- 13MP rear camera w/ f1.9 aperture, 1080P@30fps video recording
- 5MP front camera w/ f2.2 aperture, front LED flash for brighter selfie
- 2400mAh battery
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4GHz only), Bluetooth 4.2
- Micro USB port, 3.5mm jack
- Samsung Experience 8.1 with Android 7 Nougat
- Dual SIM support (Taiwan's J3 Pro supports 4G+3G, TBC for Singapore's J3 Pro)
- 143.2 x 70.3 x 8.2(mm), 142g
sg-galaxy-j3-pro-j330-sm-j330gzddxsp-lperspectivegold-72982982

sg-galaxy-j3-pro-j330-sm-j330gzddxsp-rperspectivegold-72982983

https://goo.gl/a3R78q

Galaxy J7 Pro
sg-galaxy-j7-pro-j730-sm-j730gzkuxsp-frontblack-72983085

Specs at a glance:
- Exynos 7870 14nm octa-core, up to 1.6GHz
- 5.5" SUPER AMOLED Full HD 1080p display
- 3GB RAM+32GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB
- 13MP rear camera w/ f1.7 aperture, 1080P@30fps video recording
- 13MP front camera w/ f1.9 aperture, front LED flash for brighter selfie
- Supports Samsung Pay, NFC
- 3600mAh battery
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1
- Micro USB port, 3.5mm jack
- Samsung Experience 8.1 with Android 7 Nougat
- Dual SIM support (Taiwan's J7 Pro supports 4G+3G, TBC for Singapore's J7 Pro)
- 152.5 x 74.8 x 8.0(mm), 181g
sg-galaxy-j7-pro-j730-sm-j730gzkuxsp-lperspectiveblack-72983077

sg-galaxy-j7-pro-j730-sm-j730gzkuxsp-rperspectiveblack-72983078

https://goo.gl/KMgboE

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Announces the Retail Availability of the Galaxy J3 Pro and the Galaxy J7 Pro in Singapore
Aug 03. 2017

Samsung today announced the retail availability of the Galaxy J3 Pro and Galaxy J7 Pro in Singapore – the new additions to the Galaxy J series that offers powerful and quality features in a compact build. The new smartphone duo packs enhanced core features without compromising on affordability, allowing users to do more of the things they love.

Key Product Highlights:
Galaxy J3 Pro
• The new Galaxy J3 Pro is a smartphone that helps users capture their perfect selfies. Equipped with a 5MP front camera with f2.2 aperture, the Galaxy J3 Pro also comes with a front LED flash and Selfie Flash, which lights up to keep faces bright even in low-light conditions. Users can also capture precious moments in high resolution effortlessly with the device’s 13MP rear camera with f1.9 aperture.

• Equipped with Dual SIM capabilities, users can always stay connected on-the-go with Dual Messenger on the Galaxy J3 Pro. With Dual Messenger, users can install a messenger app twice and each possible with a different ID login, allowing them to keep their business and personal matters separate on the device.

• The Galaxy J3 Pro also comes with 16GB of internal memory and up to 256GB of expandable memory on top of 15GB of free Samsung Cloud storage, for users to enjoy additional storage flexibility to keep their photo memories.

Galaxy J7 Pro
• The new Galaxy J7 Pro boasts a 5.5” FHD Super AMOLED screen, offering users a greater and clear viewing experience, while its Always-On-Display (AOD) feature will always keep them informed.

• Featuring a 13MP (f.17) rear camera and a 13MP (f1.9) front camera, the Galaxy J7 Pro also comes with a LED Flash and Selfie Flash, where users can capture high-resolution and bright selfies. The Galaxy J7 Pro is also equipped with 32GB of internal memory and up to 256GB of expandable memory on top of the 15GB of free Samsung Cloud storage so users need not worry about running out of memory.

• With a 3,600mAh battery, the Galaxy J7 Pro provides users with long-lasting usage on the device. The Galaxy J7 Pro offers added versatility for users as well, with features such as Dual Messenger, Samsung Pay and a fingerprint sensor.

The Galaxy J3 Pro and the Galaxy J7 Pro will be available at the recommended retail price of $298 (inclusive of GST) and $448 (inclusive of GST) respectively. Both models are available in Black or Gold, and will be available from 5 August 2017 (Saturday) at Samsung Experience Stores, selected major consumer electronics stores and authorised mobile retailers, and from 12 August 2017 (Saturday) at local telecommunication operators and its exclusive authorised retailers with contract purchase.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/J3Pro-J7Pro-launch/

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Samsung Announces the Retail Availability of the Galaxy J3 Pro and the Galaxy J7 Pro in Singapore
Aug 03. 2017

Samsung today announced the retail availability of the Galaxy J3 Pro and Galaxy J7 Pro in Singapore – the new additions to the Galaxy J series that offers powerful and quality features in a compact build. The new smartphone duo packs enhanced core features without compromising on affordability, allowing users to do more of the things they love.

Key Product Highlights:
Galaxy J3 Pro
• The new Galaxy J3 Pro is a smartphone that helps users capture their perfect selfies. Equipped with a 5MP front camera with f2.2 aperture, the Galaxy J3 Pro also comes with a front LED flash and Selfie Flash, which lights up to keep faces bright even in low-light conditions. Users can also capture precious moments in high resolution effortlessly with the device’s 13MP rear camera with f1.9 aperture.

• Equipped with Dual SIM capabilities, users can always stay connected on-the-go with Dual Messenger on the Galaxy J3 Pro. With Dual Messenger, users can install a messenger app twice and each possible with a different ID login, allowing them to keep their business and personal matters separate on the device.

• The Galaxy J3 Pro also comes with 16GB of internal memory and up to 256GB of expandable memory on top of 15GB of free Samsung Cloud storage, for users to enjoy additional storage flexibility to keep their photo memories.

Galaxy J7 Pro
• The new Galaxy J7 Pro boasts a 5.5” FHD Super AMOLED screen, offering users a greater and clear viewing experience, while its Always-On-Display (AOD) feature will always keep them informed.

• Featuring a 13MP (f.17) rear camera and a 13MP (f1.9) front camera, the Galaxy J7 Pro also comes with a LED Flash and Selfie Flash, where users can capture high-resolution and bright selfies. The Galaxy J7 Pro is also equipped with 32GB of internal memory and up to 256GB of expandable memory on top of the 15GB of free Samsung Cloud storage so users need not worry about running out of memory.

• With a 3,600mAh battery, the Galaxy J7 Pro provides users with long-lasting usage on the device. The Galaxy J7 Pro offers added versatility for users as well, with features such as Dual Messenger, Samsung Pay and a fingerprint sensor.

The Galaxy J3 Pro and the Galaxy J7 Pro will be available at the recommended retail price of $298 (inclusive of GST) and $448 (inclusive of GST) respectively. Both models are available in Black or Gold, and will be available from 5 August 2017 (Saturday) at Samsung Experience Stores, selected major consumer electronics stores and authorised mobile retailers, and from 12 August 2017 (Saturday) at local telecommunication operators and its exclusive authorised retailers with contract purchase.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/J3Pro-J7Pro-launch/

Xiaomi redmi series still offers better value

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The govt is pushing for cashless payment, will be useful as time goes~ :s13:

Cashless doesn't mean using the phone as the only option... any credit card or NETS function qualify as cashless payment... so having NFC on the phone isn't critical...

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And by the time it happens the phones of today will become antiques for me to collect!
True that! :s13:
Cashless doesn't mean using the phone as the only option... any credit card or NETS function qualify as cashless payment... so having NFC on the phone isn't critical...
hmm, checking ezlink card value on phone with NFC can be quite essential for those taking public transport frequently haha~

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can look at other way round. Cashless doesn't mean using NETS or credit card, you can use phone to pay too.

And it's alway good to has another mode of payment for standby, incase both cards missing or forgotten to bring out or going out light.

Technology make live more convenient, it's all about mindset. And making use of it.

Of course... I'm for it... just pointing out that when the government mentioned cashless, they include all modes... that's what I'm trying to say... cos this is a phone forum and that tends to cloud out all other options sometimes...

If it were not for the inconvenience of changing SIM cards, I would be on the SIMP NFC card already... but I don't take public transport enough at this point to warrant the change lar... but just to check - does Starhub have this option even? I've seen people discuss Singtel and M1 butt I've not seen Starhub...

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
J7 Pro selling at $368. Can buy?

bought at 355 at mobilesquare ytd. my sony Z5 premium died.

screen is superb . however, when i watch video on my mx player, doesnt seem to be as gd as my old sony.

lag once in a while, but not seriously bad. some apps get kill but loading them seem faster than my old phone, maybe the 3GB ram helps.

fingerprint read is responsive. being at the front helps alot.

photo are at 13MP, 9.6MP for 16:9 photos. tested against my sony photos are of cos inferior when zoom in. at $355 price point, cant really complain.

problem is finding a nice case for this phone. but at at 355, with more care ( which i did not for my sony phone) using it a case or tempered glass probably not a must. using a phone naked for once :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.