Looking for good reliable router after bad experience with asus rt-ac88u

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me good router to use with my 1Gbps fibre broadband? 3room flat coverage. looking for reliable 5ghz band. budget around 300sgd or so.
Thanks

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me good router to use with my 1Gbps fibre broadband? 3room flat coverage. looking for reliable 5ghz band. budget around 300sgd or so.
Thanks

Erm, Linksys EA8300? go have a look if it suits you..

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Also, Linksys EA7500
Stated as MU-MIMO GIGABIT ROUTER
Latest: @ 2017 as stated on the box side with the bar-code label EA7500-AH
Your decision.:D

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
seems like Linksys getting a lot more attention. also google wifi? possible to get in Singapore shops?

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks

what problems are you having with the Asus?

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
what problems are you having with the Asus?

totally give up with their 5ghz band. it always keep dropping despite rma. and also experience lots of disconnection too. unless dropping to much outdated firmware. pay 400sgd only to use 2.4ghz and it isn't stable too.

slacker

Reaction score
totally give up with their 5ghz band. it always keep dropping despite rma. and also experience lots of disconnection too. unless dropping to much outdated firmware. pay 400sgd only to use 2.4ghz and it isn't stable too.

I also gave up on Asus due to 5ghz band dropping or playing "hide and seek".

Switched over to D-link ac3200 router, havent experience any connection drop for 5ghz band.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

qrsy2k

Reaction score
I have the same problem with TS too. Also looking for another good router with better wifi range then the existing one. Saw the netgear model comes with higher power antennas. Anyone can advise if the range will be better?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could be slightly better, but it doesn't make a significant difference because no matter how amplified the power is, it cannot defeat physical barriers..

I would recommend linksys or tplink though.. Netgear doesn't seem to have that frequent updates even for security issues..

I have the same problem with TS too. Also looking for another good router with better wifi range then the existing one. Saw the netgear model comes with higher power antennas. Anyone can advise if the range will be better?

omelet

Reaction score
Could be slightly better, but it doesn't make a significant difference because no matter how amplified the power is, it cannot defeat physical barriers..

I would recommend linksys or tplink though.. Netgear doesn't seem to have that frequent updates even for security issues..

I would say they are on par, I have both Linksys EA8500 and Netgear R7800, and the netgear has had more security update so far. I see the Synology even had more frequent update.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is more on which models which some may have no further support.
Latest models wiuld not be any issues.:D

I would say they are on par, I have both Linksys EA8500 and Netgear R7800, and the netgear has had more security update so far. I see the Synology even had more frequent update.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Starhub? If it is SH than cancel and get other ISP.
If not, try:

1) WAN settings- Set Mac clone
2) WAN settings - DHCP frequency from aggressive to normal

My set on Starhub have been stable for about a year now.

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
If not, try:

i dun really get what you mean? I m using starhub. So your starhub is stable?

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
If not, try:

would you guide me through how to find out what mac address should I clone? or is it as simple as clicking the mac clone button in the router admin page?

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If not, try:

What talking you, you clone Mac for what?
Do you even know what you doing actually.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
more updates doesn't mean more secure.
if it had no issues to begin with, why bother making any updates?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/XIAOMI-ORIGINAL-XIAOMI-MI-WIFI-ROUTER-PRO-WIRELESS-NETWORK-REPEATER/525595619

Cheap and good
aiseh based on openwrt
not using broadcom chip(lose hope liao legit)
and dat price!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.