[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey excuse me, while you fockers router haywire or cannot work.
Than can anyone explain to me why is it my set got no issue huh?
KNNCB, just trying to help what nonsense huh? :mad:

So my set is god send one thus no issue?
Or Asus gave me a special unit izzit?
About a year old already so far no issues nor the 5GHZ drop issues.

Who is the nonsense here?
KNNCB.

ok so from your logic that means if your router no issue, then rest all no issue
if one got issue the rest all got issue too lah is it.

if your router is perfect ok good then GTFO of this thread. we are not technologically impaired like you assume we are, please lah.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprising that since some people like myself, my router is working
perfecting fine. You guys instead of asking what I did to my router
to make work, compare my settings and etc.

instead you guys just berate me for being a smart alex.
Same like at school, who likes a top scholar/ace in class.
Newsflash here is not a school/classroom.

I mean wow, you guys so hate me or the fact I am a smart alex.
Anyway the truth is that my router is working fine OK.
Here is a challenge, since you think I am idiot who is bluffing.

I can loan you my router but you need to swap yours for mine.
Do not adjust any settings expect just include the WIFI mac address
since my WIFI is Mac address lock.

Take my unit and use for about a week if it is stable than probably certain settings in my router may need to done on yours.
Again this router may not suits some of your environment thus it is very subjective.

Please stick to the thread, don't come at me please.
This thread is not about me but the router.
Neither the router is not a talking one.

Firefly01

Reaction score
Hey excuse me, while you fockers router haywire or cannot work.
Than can anyone explain to me why is it my set got no issue huh?
KNNCB, just trying to help what nonsense huh? :mad:

So my set is god send one thus no issue?
Or Asus gave me a special unit izzit?
About a year old already so far no issues nor the 5GHZ drop issues.

Who is the nonsense here?
KNNCB.

You are not the only person in this thread that has a unit with no issues. There are also other users that have reported that they have no issues, such as wacko, murugaratham and bornwild4. I personally have two colleagues that are using the same model router with no issues. So don't think that you are some special snowflake that your preferred god has smiled upon and gifted you with the only working unit on the planet.

Surprising that since some people like myself, my router is working
perfecting fine. You guys instead of asking what I did to my router
to make work, compare my settings and etc.

instead you guys just berate me for being a smart alex.
Same like at school, who likes a top scholar/ace in class.
Newsflash here is not a school/classroom.

I mean wow, you guys so hate me or the fact I am a smart alex.
Anyway the truth is that my router is working fine OK.
Here is a challenge, since you think I am idiot who is bluffing.

I can loan you my router but you need to swap yours for mine.
Do not adjust any settings expect just include the WIFI mac address
since my WIFI is Mac address lock.

Take my unit and use for about a week if it is stable than probably certain settings in my router may need to done on yours.
Again this router may not suits some of your environment thus it is very subjective.

Please stick to the thread, don't come at me please.
This thread is not about me but the router.
Neither the router is not a talking one.

Thank you for your proposition, but nobody is interested in helping you test your Smart Connect enabled and mac address spoofed router. If the solution was so simple as some setting that users can change and the issue magically goes away, someone other than you would've discovered it long ago. Besides, even you yourself cannot guarantee that your router will work in another environment. What makes you think any one of us will even bother with your offer? Why not show us your router configuration settings and let everyone try for themselves to see if it works?

You may have been lucky enough to get one of the few units that work properly. Or your environment somehow enables your unit to function without issue. But neither gives you any knowledge, skill or authority to advise others. You have been proven time and again that you lack the proper skill, knowledge and understanding when it comes to IT. So stop giving advice or suggestions that will only make you a laughing stock.

You claim to want to be helpful, to share and contribute to the community. But the fact of the matter is that you have done none of that. You give useless suggestions and go off topic, and when you get called out for it, you lash out like a wounded dog and act like the victim. This is the very kind of behaviour that makes others feel disgust and irritation from you.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are not the only person in this thread that has a unit with no issues. There are also other users that have reported that they have no issues, such as wacko, murugaratham and bornwild4. I personally have two colleagues that are using the same model router with no issues. So don't think that you are some special snowflake that your preferred god has smiled upon and gifted you with the only working unit on the planet.

Thank you for your proposition, but nobody is interested in helping you test your Smart Connect enabled and mac address spoofed router. If the solution was so simple as some setting that users can change and the issue magically goes away, someone other than you would've discovered it long ago. Besides, even you yourself cannot guarantee that your router will work in another environment. What makes you think any one of us will even bother with your offer? Why not show us your router configuration settings and let everyone try for themselves to see if it works?

You may have been lucky enough to get one of the few units that work properly. Or your environment somehow enables your unit to function without issue. But neither gives you any knowledge, skill or authority to advise others. You have been proven time and again that you lack the proper skill, knowledge and understanding when it comes to IT. So stop giving advice or suggestions that will only make you a laughing stock.

You claim to want to be helpful, to share and contribute to the community. But the fact of the matter is that you have done none of that. You give useless suggestions and go off topic, and when you get called out for it, you lash out like a wounded dog and act like the victim. This is the very kind of behaviour that makes others feel disgust and irritation from you.

Yes smarty pants you are always right OK.
Enough of this nonsense, this thread is not about me or you OK.
Please wake up and stop disputing against anything I quote.

Like I always say, don't like my comments simply just ignored.

Firefly01

Reaction score
Yes smarty pants you are always right OK.
Enough of this nonsense, this thread is not about me or you OK.
Please wake up and stop disputing against anything I quote.

Like I always say, don't like my comments simply just ignored.

I have never made any claim to be always right. I am not a god. However, I do agree with you that this thread is not about either one of us. Which is why I will not stop putting down your baseless suggestions and false advice, as long as you insist on posting them and I happen to take notice. If you are posting quality information, I will not take any action. You are free to take your own advice to ignore me; I highly doubt that from our past interactions.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have never made any claim to be always right. I am not a god. However, I do agree with you that this thread is not about either one of us. Which is why I will not stop putting down your baseless suggestions and false advice, as long as you insist on posting them and I happen to take notice. If you are posting quality information, I will not take any action. You are free to take your own advice to ignore me; I highly doubt that from our past interactions.

Nothing to say, waiting for Admin team to take action.
Either one of us will go for sure that is what I ask them to look into.
Will I or you be P-Ban, later we will know the results.

I am not knowledgeable OK enuff said.
I do not study in IT, I only gain knowledge and experience through
my line of work that is all I can shared.

If you want technical answers or textbook answers I am not the one.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Yo, guys I know today is Monday. And the weather is hot.
Pls keep your cool.

Do: post respectful and insightful comments.
Don't: flame, hate, impersonate staff, spam.

Firefly01

Reaction score
Yo, guys I know today is Monday. And the weather is hot.
Pls keep your cool.

Do: post respectful and insightful comments.
Don't: flame, hate, impersonate staff, spam.

I concur with your points, and give thanks to whoever is responsible for the invention of the air conditioner.

I also choose to be a productive member of the society, and part of being productive is to take out the trash. It's not a pleasant thing to do, but someone has to do it. If the authorities deem what I have done is wrong, I will gladly stop. I am not an unreasonable person.

Now, back to dealing with our crappy routers. :s13:

murugaratham

Reaction score
So much fire.. probably is the batches of router shipped have problem.

Anyway I recently enabled ipv6, coz I suspected there's some issues for one of my mobile game, it was isolated, I posted on starhub community since at snbforum suggested to contact ISP since it's specific to one, then I noticed lots of ppl having problem with China/Jap based games.

Long story short, when I go to ipv6test website, everything works fine, I used Google ipv6 as primary, secondary use StarHub. All good for 1-2 days, then will I noticed that my safari (iPhone), chrome (Mac) and YouTube ipad will delay 1second during loading (trying to refresh etc)

I disabled ipv6, reenabled then everything goes smoothly again, 2-3ms on LAN, 900mbps+. But after a day or so slow initial connection again, some ppl are saying the dhcp/DNS got problem. Anyone faced something similar?

Firefly01

Reaction score
Please feedback to ASUS to resolve the issue.

As a matter of fact, I did write in via ASUS' website with regards to the issues we are facing. The automated reply system states that a reply would be given within 48 hours. Let's wait and see.

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
I was wondering, those of you having issue with this router, what isp are you guys using? I m using starhub.

omelet

Reaction score
I was wondering, those of you having issue with this router, what isp are you guys using? I m using starhub.

Viewqwest user here...
Not sure if you are having the same issue, but 5Ghz dropping has nothing to do with the ISP.

Long time ago already feedback through AC88U router webGUI, ASUS feedback page and Avertek themself.

I sent ASUS the firmware dump, config files and logs as they requested and their reply is offer me to upgrade to RT-AC5300/BRT-AC828...:s13:

Until today, after several updates, I see that it is still not fixed. Seem like they are not going to bother.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Viewqwest user here...
Not sure if you are having the same issue, but 5Ghz dropping has nothing to do with the ISP.

Long time ago already feedback through AC88U router webGUI, ASUS feedback page and Avertek themself.

I sent ASUS the firmware dump, config files and logs as they requested and their reply is offer me to upgrade to RT-AC5300/BRT-AC828...:s13:

Until today, after several updates, I see that it is still not fixed. Seem like they are not going to bother.

That is really a shix response.

omelet

Reaction score
That is really a shix response.

I know right...
Feedback through webGUI is like feedback to thin air.
Talked to Avertek, they told me customer are the ones who should feedback to ASUS directly not them.
Feedback to ASUS, and they rather offer you to upgrade then do anything about it...

omelet

Reaction score
If ASUS/Avertek is willing to replace with BRT-AC828, I don't mind.

Avertek on their own will not allow upgrade other than one to one exchange.

You will need to get ASUS to sent you an email offer to upgrade to BRT-AC828 first and then bring the email down to Avertek, then Avertek will let you top up some $$ to upgrade to higher priced model.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I know right...
Feedback through webGUI is like feedback to thin air.
Talked to Avertek, they told me customer are the ones who should feedback to ASUS directly not them.
Feedback to ASUS, and they rather offer you to upgrade then do anything about it...

As mentioned before, most probably there is one chip that tend to overheat within the router that the firmware cannot address.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.