Which credit cards for SP services bills?

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
Guys,

Which card do you use to pay for the SP services bills to get rebates/miles? This seems to be excluded from all the credit cards' terms and conditions I have seen.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Which card do you use to pay for the SP services bills to get rebates/miles? This seems to be excluded from all the credit cards' terms and conditions I have seen.

Not sure if you would want to plonk down S$9k of payment to SP services (and maybe telco etc).. But I think the current Citi premiermiles 42K promo (existing cardholder) is pretty awesome!

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you would want to plonk down S$9k of payment to SP services (and maybe telco etc).. But I think the current Citi premiermiles 42K promo (existing cardholder) is pretty awesome!

You cant do that anymore.

They will limit you to pay 2x times of your last bill payment.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cant do that anymore.

They will limit you to pay 2x times of your last bill payment.

Do they check if your account is already overpaid before accepting more payments?

My point being that the payment slip / bill can be photocopied, then you can go pay as if the bill has not been paid, but it only works if they do not check your account before allowing you to pay.

I know they do have the ability to check your bill status at the payment counters as they have done the favour for me before (to check if particular bills have been paid), but not sure if they do check every bill before allowing payment.

Reaction score
Do they check if your account is already overpaid before accepting more payments?

My point being that the payment slip / bill can be photocopied, then you can go pay as if the bill has not been paid, but it only works if they do not check your account before allowing you to pay.

I know they do have the ability to check your bill status at the payment counters as they have done the favour for me before (to check if particular bills have been paid), but not sure if they do check every bill before allowing payment.

Yes they check everytime you try to pay bill from their system.

Reaction score
used to be no limit could paid $3000 once off for a year
now quite troublesome to pay over counter every season.....

ixoral

Reaction score
I am also curious to know what is the best "cashback" way of paying SP bills? does this count towards the 7% online bills under SCB singpost card?

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
I use DBS recurring payment with DBS Altitude, can get miles.

You can also pay via DBS/POSB credit cards in the SP utilities app, instead of going down to pay in person.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using POSB Everyday for recurring payment. 1% cash rebate. Maybe using DBS Altitude is a better choice?

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
used to be no limit could paid $3000 once off for a year
now quite troublesome to pay over counter every season.....

Max they allow is 2 months worth of bill. I didn't know can pay $3k last time.

Reaction score
Just go once in 5 months
Pay the current month and overpay 4 mths estimate
Can use miles card
I just use BOC VI for 1.8% rebate.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time can...last year i whacked Samsung Pay on Citibank for $2k per account...paid my bill, father's bill...etc...haha.

Lol, only time I opened new account, need to pay like $5k deposit, Samsung Pay failed on me. Works every time I went before and after.

vince123123

Reaction score
Sometimes need to keep trying and get a patient cashier. I once did Samsung Pay at a hospital - needed more than 20 tries then it worked.

Lol, only time I opened new account, need to pay like $5k deposit, Samsung Pay failed on me. Works every time I went before and after.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes need to keep trying and get a patient cashier. I once did Samsung Pay at a hospital - needed more than 20 tries then it worked.

Promo over (Citibank), so not using much liao. I only tried like 4-5 times, then gave up and used physical card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.