ONE is here. XZ1, XZ1 Compact, X1.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason why the new unknown Xperia comes with a back fingerprint sensor is likely that Sony wants the phone to be slimmer and also to achieve a bezel-less display on the front.

If Sony were to design a phone with side fingerprint sensor with a slim design profile, that would mean a bigger side bezel like the Xperia XZ series.
If Sony were to design a phone with bezel-less display design and a slim design profile, that would mean sacrificing the side fingerprint sensor like the Xperia XA series. Then either Sony were to place a fingerprint sensor on the back or totally abandon it like the XA.

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Bezeless display for Sony is inevitable, but Wil only come in 2018.... Sony needs to keep up with the trend otherwise Wil continue to lag behind other brands

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bezeless display for Sony is inevitable, but Wil only come in 2018.... Sony needs to keep up with the trend otherwise Wil continue to lag behind other brands
Sony has started to get OLED display from LG, maybe can see new Xperia coming with OLED in 2018~

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason why the new unknown Xperia comes with a back fingerprint sensor is likely that Sony wants the phone to be slimmer and also to achieve a bezel-less display on the front.

If Sony were to design a phone with side fingerprint sensor with a slim design profile, that would mean a bigger side bezel like the Xperia XZ series.
If Sony were to design a phone with bezel-less display design and a slim design profile, that would mean sacrificing the side fingerprint sensor like the Xperia XA series. Then either Sony were to place a fingerprint sensor on the back or totally abandon it like the XA.

No need to explain.

Some of these people are sheeps that follow other brands and simply picking problem with the phone design.

When did you see fruity phone user complain about bezels? :D

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is quite difficult for them to go that route, many users are accustomed to IOS and the familiarity of each new generation of the phone.

The home button is taking a big space on fruity phone, unless they want to shrink the button or remove it.
Apple will be removing the physical home button on the iPhone X, replacing it with a virtual home button instead. :o

But there will still be the traditional iPhone 7s and 7s Plus with a physical home button.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to explain.

Some of these people are sheeps that follow other brands and simply picking problem with the phone design.

When did you see fruity phone user complain about bezels?
:D
because people see almost all Android are going the route of no bezel design so they demand all Android OEM to follow the same.. :s22:

Donten

Reaction score
No need to explain.

When did you see fruity phone user complain about bezels? :D

bezels are unsightly. the lack of bezel also mean a bigger screen or a even smaller phone. its not being a sheep for wanting a better design.

if any company does a 4.7inch screen phone with exact spec as the sony but smaller, i definitely support them.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
The leaked image of the rumoured XZ1 is kinda disappointing.
The design look almost identical to my current XZ and the bezel gtg.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bezels are unsightly. the lack of bezel also mean a bigger screen or a even smaller phone. its not being a sheep for wanting a better design.

if any company does a 4.7inch screen phone with exact spec as the sony but smaller, i definitely support them.

I respect your opinion.

But i prefer bezels with bigger and quality speakers, better placement of the front camera and other sensors.

I think smaller bezels looks weird. Never understand how a lot of people like smaller bezels so I think they are like sheeps all using same phone. Haha

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple will be removing the physical home button on the iPhone X, replacing it with a virtual home button instead. :o

But there will still be the traditional iPhone 7s and 7s Plus with a physical home button.

You think they can finally overhaul the whole design, I think it does not sound fruity to me. :D

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony Xperia XZ1
PicsArt_08-16-12.20.29.png

PicsArt_08-16-12.14.14.jpg

PicsArt_08-16-12.11.26.jpg

PicsArt_08-16-12.32.10.jpg

s:
http://sonyxperiaailesi.com/karsinizda-2017-amiral-sony-xperia-xz1-dunyada-ilk-sony-xperiaailesi-ozel/

Overall design is still similar to the Xperia XZ/XZs, but there's no plastic strip at the bottom of the back cover now as the antenna has been relegated to the sides(the u-shaped antenna bands).
The NFC chip has also moved to the back too at the camera flash cutout, no longer at the front~

Posted with 可惜世界不及你好 via PCWX

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony Xperia XZ1
PicsArt_08-16-12.20.29.png

PicsArt_08-16-12.14.14.jpg

PicsArt_08-16-12.11.26.jpg

PicsArt_08-16-12.32.10.jpg

s:
http://sonyxperiaailesi.com/karsinizda-2017-amiral-sony-xperia-xz1-dunyada-ilk-sony-xperiaailesi-ozel/

Overall design is still similar to the Xperia XZ/XZs, but there's no plastic strip at the bottom of the back cover now as the antenna has been relegated to the sides(the u-shaped antenna bands).
The NFC chip has also moved to the back too at the camera flash cutout, no longer at the front~

The back looks good. Not so much for the front...

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks very slim. More interested in the compact though. So far not much leaks on that.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm getting bored of the design to be honest. like not much change from my current z5.

was expecting something more refreshing :s13:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm getting bored of the design to be honest. like not much change from my current z5.

was expecting something more refreshing :s13:

They only have more changes to design when they were Sony Ericsson back then.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.