NTU Electives Thread

aliciaheartsfti

Reaction score
URGENT HELP! Need advice from everyone here.
I am granted exemption of 6 AUs from Unrestricted Electives.
Does anyone know if it's better to exempt UEs or not?
I only have a quota of 30 AUs for UEs in my course.

These are the UEs I'm planning to take:

KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 1 (3AU)
KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 2 (3AU)
KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 3 (3AU)
KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 4 (3AU)
KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 5 (3AU)
KOREAN LANGUAGE LEVEL 6 (3AU)
LANGUAGE FOUNDATION FOR TRANSLATION (3AU)
AUDIOVISUAL TRANSLATION (3AU)
TRANSLATION: TECHNIQUES & PRACTICE (3AU)
Total: 27 AUs

If I exempt, I'm only left with 24 AUs to clear for UE, which is not enough. But I can just take up to Level 5 Korean too, since it's already in the advanced level.
If I don't exempt, I need to take an extra UE (3 AU), to clear full 30 AUs.
In a dilemma right now, cuz I scared if I don't exempt, I might regret later on, but on another hand I also need enough AUs to take these electives too.
Seniors please advice! Thanks

Last edited:

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
DONT TAKE HR

Please do not take HR mod HP8005. It is super super boring and you are memorising a lot of stuffs.

littledaisies

Reaction score
hello,
is CM8001 Impact of chemistry on society still worth to take? is it more of the 'chem' side or 'impact' side? :s13: struggled badly with h2 chem and thought i'll never touch chem again but.. :s22: didnt get allocated intro to psych for UE which i thought i will ): dunno whether to just stick with CM8001 or try for that.

BarbieDog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where can i find people to swap class with me?

i currently have badminton elective on friday, i want to get the thursday 1130 slot.

okryai

Reaction score
hot electives

hey guys, i was wondering for hot electives like malay music, digital photog (dp2001), BW photog (dp2000), is it possible to crash the class and 'beg' to get a spot from the lecturer?:s22::s22:

Lithellyne

Reaction score
best to ask friends who have just taken. make sure tutors have not changed as syllabus changes depending on the tutor

bigbigbirdbird

Reaction score
hi friends, any easy UE to take to boost gpa? I chanced upon hp8003, looks sibei cool ah.
i prefer those mcq midterms n finals.

to others in similar state: i taken astronomy and intro to energy.
astronomy quite interesting for first few chapters but behind is quite content heavy as it is about wavelength / physics **** already. bellcurve is very very steep.

intro to energy: mcq mid terms n finals, super easy wif no bellcurve. moi got A+ ez. take this if u want free boost in gpa. content is very very light, i only study 1day before test. test for my cohort was 13 questions? only 1 is on calculation. the rest is testing your memories.

aerebbb

Reaction score
hi friends, any easy UE to take to boost gpa? I chanced upon hp8003, looks sibei cool ah.

astronomy quite interesting for first few chapters but behind is quite content heavy as it is about wavelength / physics **** already. bellcurve is very very steep.

intro to energy: mcq mid terms n finals, super easy wif no bellcurve. moi got A+ ez. take this if u want free boost in gpa. content is very very light, i only study 1day before test. test for my cohort was 13 questions? only 1 is on calculation. the rest is testing your memories.

Hey, just curious how about your schoolmates? What electives did they take? How are they?

bigbigbirdbird

Reaction score
Hey, just curious how about your schoolmates? What electives did they take? How are they?

most of my friend take UE that have group projects.
i not really interested so i never probe much.
i see got group project i sian already haha.
But had one friend who took basketball, heard he got B- even though he said there's nothing he could do better.

Had another friend who took a business gerpe? not sure which, but the finals n mid terms were all open book.
He wrote textbook answer word for word in the finals but end up with D+....

zulu11

Reaction score
Arts unrestricted electives NIE

Did anyone take any Arts unrestricted electives from NIE before? I heard some are easy to score

I saw it from here www.nie.edu.sg/VPAElectives mostly arts stuffs

Last edited:

AnimalPlanet

Reaction score
basically just take electives from your home faculty. home ground advantage. also, the harder the module is, the easier it is to score due to the bell curve

china panda

Reaction score

xiaxuey larh, take these module, haven't graduate still act like one joke :o

iforgottenx

Reaction score
Anyone know whether I can drop a online core mod during add drop period and add it back before add drop period ends?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.