Sony A6000 Owners Thread

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to get the A6300. Should I buy a lenses considered I shoot 4k/1080p videos and take pictures mainly for travel, streets and landscape? How will a A6300 without lens perform?

:s11::s11::s11:

Without lens?

How does a camera operate without lens? :s13::s13:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to get the A6300. Should I buy a lenses considered I shoot 4k/1080p videos and take pictures mainly for travel, streets and landscape? How will a A6300 without lens perform?

Erm.. law of physics says a camera must have a lens to work.

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very sorry, I meant the 16mm-50mm kit lens that's sold with the body. :s13: Was thinking to get the lens at extra $200ish or just the body lens will be sufficient for my needs.
Firstly, do you really need the a6300? A better bang for buck would be to get the predecessor a6000, which cost relatively lower. The only extra feature is 4K video and better auto focus and viewfinder.

I haven tried the a6300 but I think the a6000 AF is already very fast. Unless you really need it to track moving objects e.g. Shooting sports you probably wouldn't get much out of the faster AF.

As for lens... Which lens are you comparing to? The kit lens is good for a start though it certainly wouldn't be as sharp if you were to compare it to prime lenses at the respective major focal length 16mm..35mm.. 50mm..

But I think it's good to have the flexibility to zoom for a start and with the discounted price with the body, it's all good. You can add in better primes in the future

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Firstly, do you really need the a6300? A better bang for buck would be to get the predecessor a6000, which cost relatively lower. The only extra feature is 4K video and better auto focus and viewfinder.

I haven tried the a6300 but I think the a6000 AF is already very fast. Unless you really need it to track moving objects e.g. Shooting sports you probably wouldn't get much out of the faster AF.

As for lens... Which lens are you comparing to? The kit lens is good for a start though it certainly wouldn't be as sharp if you were to compare it to prime lenses at the respective major focal length 16mm..35mm.. 50mm..

But I think it's good to have the flexibility to zoom for a start and with the discounted price with the body, it's all good. You can add in better primes in the future

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

I do need to shoot in 4k, kinda a deal breaker for me if without. I will be using mainly for filming cinematic style scenes. Taking photo will be for my own traveling.

Hmm you have a point, extra $200 only and it's not really a super bad lens right? Saw from youtube many great videos shooting with A6300, but they used some other better lens. So I was thinking would my kit lens or just the body lens can achieved near results.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
hi

i have the 18-105... the image quality is far more superior than the kit lens

i chose it over the 16-70 because it is cheaper but doesn’t seem to be worse off than the zeiss

Any bros here have the 16-70 and 18-105 f4? how do you find both of them?

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, so what did u end up buying??

just to share, i think u should consider 16-70 or 18-105 for travel purposes. prime lens at 85 is gonna make it uneasy for u to take travel photos

1 minute u need to zoom in to take photos of landscape then the next u need to zoom out and take photo for ur travel companion

just my 2 cents worth

Guys, need some advice on lens.

I am about to go for holiday in Melbourne soon, and I'm stuck with two choices
1) SEL1670Z
2) SEL85F1.8

Currently I own a Sigma 30mm F2.8 & SELP1650(kit) with A6000, and I normally use Sigma 30mm F2.8 as my main lens. I got no tripod, all handheld.

16-70mm because I like the idea "1 lens for all situation", but F4.
85mm is really nice, but no OSS. When I trying to take a pic, its shakes a lot.

fergsu

Reaction score
Just bought this with kit kens recently. Pretty amazing for a starter dslm at this price.

Thinking of getting either a 50mm or 35mm prime to play with.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho 35mm f1.8 is popular becos it is cheap compared to the zeiss 24f1.8

35mm on crop is similar to 50mm on full frame

My 35mm is not getting as much use as I hope to, I would have gotten the 24mm if the price is not so ex

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
feels rather zoomed in to me...

Imho 35mm f1.8 is popular becos it is cheap compared to the zeiss 24f1.8

35mm on crop is similar to 50mm on full frame

My 35mm is not getting as much use as I hope to, I would have gotten the 24mm if the price is not so ex

yup... his review is good (plus his wife is hot too:o)

Search for TechnologyMafia on youtube.. He mainly reviews lens for A6000..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.