URGENT! cant decide between QC35 or MDR-1000x

ironsteel

Reaction score
Based on what I've read, the QC35 just works. If you prioritise comfort, easy pairing of devices and call quality, Bose would be your pick. If you prioritise sound quality and you're willing to take the chance that your headphones won't come with the creaky headband, then go for the 1000x. I ordered the Sonys.

Sent from Samsung's galaxy using GAGT

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Indeed they are hard choices.

If you've the time, you can check out what we've reported for the MDR-1000X, which is our Tech Awards winner for this year.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...oice-part-1/best-noise-canceling-headphones-0

Further experience piece on the MDR-1000X:-
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/blog-how-sony-mdr-1000x-changed-my-mind-about-bluetooth-headphones

Our early experience when it was first introduced:-
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...dr-1000x-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones

as posted in title. any good reasons to choose on over the other?

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed they are hard choices.

If you've the time, you can check out what we've reported for the MDR-1000X, which is our Tech Awards winner for this year.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...oice-part-1/best-noise-canceling-headphones-0

Further experience piece on the MDR-1000X:-
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/blog-how-sony-mdr-1000x-changed-my-mind-about-bluetooth-headphones

Our early experience when it was first introduced:-
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...dr-1000x-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones

I first stumbled upon the MDR-1000X on tech channels on YouTube introducing it and also comparing it to the QC35. To be honest , before watching any of those videos I dont even know either of them exist. not really a audiophile , used to think that my classmate who spends $400 on headset as out of his mind :s13:
After numerous comparisons mostly implying that the Sony is really something that is worth recommending + Qoo10 having fantastic promo that is why I pulled the trigger. Also thanks to people in this forum contributing too.

Do you guys know if there is a headband problem that some people is experiencing?? widespread??

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
Just a updated. Qoo delivery guy delivered my package early this morning. Excited to unbox and try it. will report findings.

ch3ster

Reaction score
I own both and after months of use, I prefer QC35.
Don't get me wrong, 1000X is really good, but the comfort and noise cancelling of QC35 is top notch. I even tested both in a 9hr flight :) 1000X gave me discomfort in jaw line but QC35 I can wear it all throughout the flight.

XfIdQqIb.jpg

1000X also got the wobbly like sound distortion when you are walking which the QC35 doesnt have, maybe it is due to the noice cancelling implementation. Luckily mine doesn't suffer the cracked headband issue. In terms of sound quality, yes I would agree that 1000X is a tad better than QC35 but not that much.

Last edited:

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
First impressions:

looks and design: pretty nice and light , clamping force is just nice and not too tight. heats up a little after wearing for awhile but still quite comfortable (used to wearing headsets by now).

music and noise cancelling: My first impression of the noise cancellation was WOW, My first pair of noise cancelling headset and its seriously AMAZING. music is nice and clear and balance.

The gestures controls are straight forward and easy too use too!

However currently facing a strange issue , anyone of you guys has like static noise on the right side of the headset? similar to wind blowing sound?? normal??

also something I am not so sure is , lets say I am using my desktop/phone plug into my headset via 3.5mm jack will it still need battery to listen or does the battery life strictly used for wireless?

Last edited:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
First impressions:

looks and design: pretty nice and light , clamping force is just nice and not too tight. heats up a little after wearing for awhile but still quite comfortable (used to wearing headsets by now).

music and noise cancelling: My first impression of the noise cancellation was WOW, My first pair of noise cancelling headset and its seriously AMAZING. music is nice and clear and balance.

The gestures controls are straight forward and easy too use too!

However currently facing a strange issue , anyone of you guys has like static noise on the right side of the headset? similar to wind blowing sound?? normal??

also something I am not so sure is , lets say I am using my desktop/phone plug into my headset via 3.5mm jack will it still need battery to listen or does the battery life strictly used for wireless?

The static noise you hear is when music is playing or when no music is playing? It is fairly normal to hear very faint noise when you switch on the noise-cancelling mode but the noise should not be loud. The noise should not be bothering or irritating. If the noise is loud then this could be a problem.

Battery is used when you power on the headphone. When you plug in using the wire, you can either not power on the headphone or you can power on the headphone. Not power on the headphone means you cannot use the noise cancelling mode. So when you plug in the wire, you can either use the headphone like regular headphones without noise cancelling or power on the headphone and activate the noise cancelling mode.

SHIL0H

Reaction score
Honestly feel that the noise cancellation on the 1000x is better than QC35! But sound wise, Bose will be better.

It depends on whether you need the noise cancelling. If you do travel overseas often or you are constantly in a noisy environment, the 1000x will be better if you do not mind about sound!

moron+genius

Reaction score
actually i saw a website talking abt bose accidentally leaked a picture of a new QC35. Wondering when it will be released...
Probably b4 Christmas 2 take advantage of the sales peak. Products r release usually in yrly cycle

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.