Samsung Galaxy Note8 Accessories Thread: Let's Go Crazy Over Them

Lucky123

Master Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about the DeX station. Other than able to convert the viewing to pc, does it act as a wireless charger?

There is a usb-c connector in Dex to connect to the phone. It will charge as dex has external power but it is not wireless.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about the DeX station. Other than able to convert the viewing to pc, does it act as a wireless charger?

There is a usb-c connector in Dex to connect to the phone. It will charge as dex has external power but it is not wireless.

Yes you can charge using the DeX

So think of it as getting a $198 dock that must be plugged into a power source that charges your phone via the USB-C, if you are not using the DeX for it's intended use...

:s13::s13::s13::D

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like this one

https://www.spigen.com/collections/...ote-8-case-ultra-hybrid-s?variant=37379914241

title_note8_uh_s_crystal_clear_01_f0bc432c-557f-4251-9460-60aed94d70d8_2048x2048.jpg

ricsoh

Reaction score
Yes you can charge using the DeX

So think of it as getting a $198 dock that must be plugged into a power source that charges your phone via the USB-C, if you are not using the DeX for it's intended use...

:s13::s13::s13::D

Just went to samsung to find out more abt the Dex station today. I was told that the charger that comes with the note 8 is a 9V. In order to charge the phone using the dex, I need a 14V which can be purchase separately. The 9V charger can only retain the power but not charge it up as dex consumes quite a lot of power cos of the fan in the dex station which helps to cool down the temp of the phone. I was like huh, so a dex is really a useless device for me becos I will not be using it as a com... I was still hoping that the dex might actually charge my phone like a dock station but apparently I need to purchase another charger in order to do that....

nuscape

Reaction score
Just went to samsung to find out more abt the Dex station today. I was told that the charger that comes with the note 8 is a 9V. In order to charge the phone using the dex, I need a 14V which can be purchase separately. The 9V charger can only retain the power but not charge it up as dex consumes quite a lot of power cos of the fan in the dex station which helps to cool down the temp of the phone. I was like huh, so a dex is really a useless device for me becos I will not be using it as a com... I was still hoping that the dex might actually charge my phone like a dock station but apparently I need to purchase another charger in order to do that....
Incorrect. I have 2 DeX using them with my S8+ at office & home. No issue using the same charger came with the phone. In fact one of them using S7E charger. No issue, can charge at the same time. Not 14V.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always discount what the sales tell you except pricing - they all talking out of their arses.

JessKoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi
Is there no privacy screen protector for samsung curved screen?
i cant find any. If have will definitely hoot note8

There will be Privacy Tempered Glass coming out but not at the initial launch. It takes some time for them to produce.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Sigh...... i ordered the slickwrap skin for Note8 on 13 August.....till now still processing....

Dunno if can arrive in SG in time before i get my Note8 or not....

At least a clear case is included in the Note8....so not naked at the very least.

Wonder if the case is ok, will this reduce sales of cases if people are happy with the provided case and not buying other cases...

:s13:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh...... i ordered the slickwrap skin for Note8 on 13 August.....till now still processing....

Dunno if can arrive in SG in time before i get my Note8 or not....

At least a clear case is included in the Note8....so not naked at the very least.

Wonder if the case is ok, will this reduce sales of cases if people are happy with the provided case and not buying other cases...

:s13:
Pre-order means pre-order lah. Wait lor. Skin only for show.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think they all still confirming and testing the materials. Even my suppliers though the exact dimensions are out are still confirming some details. With the actual set before the main production run takes place

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
But the cases all out already.....what dimensions? Got dimensions for case but not for skin hahahha?

JessKoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Cases are all out already but for skins they still need to paste it onto the actual set to test. And not to forget they have wait for the factories in China to start manufacturing before shipping it to them before they can ship it out to customers.

ricsoh

Reaction score
Incorrect. I have 2 DeX using them with my S8+ at office & home. No issue using the same charger came with the phone. In fact one of them using S7E charger. No issue, can charge at the same time. Not 14V.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Really!! Thats good to hear! I went there to see which color I want for my note 8 and was so disappointed that I did not register for the pre order. Thanks for the info!

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cases are all out already but for skins they still need to paste it onto the actual set to test. And not to forget they have wait for the factories in China to start manufacturing before shipping it to them before they can ship it out to customers.

Actually got case mean already got the model to mould the case. Slow is slow lah. :D

wildpig8

Reaction score
I saw the Dbrand skin,the dragon skin is nice! But still order stage...
Anyone like to share? as above $20 is free shipping....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.