Samsung Gear Sport + Gear Fit2 Pro announced!

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Gear Sport
2rgl9IT.jpg

pN2Yz1y.jpg

Gear Fit 2 Pro
BKMVZtW.jpg

yDPghme.jpg

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Fit2 Pro. Dumped my Fitbit Blaze cause FitBit is not doing jackshit with their battery drain with the Samsung S8's due to Bluetooth 5.0. Suddenly, even syncing seems to be a problem. Hope the Fit 2 Pro can fill this gap up. Looks very promising!

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Fit2 Pro. Dumped my Fitbit Blaze cause FitBit is not doing jackshit with their battery drain with the Samsung S8's due to Bluetooth 5.0. Suddenly, even syncing seems to be a problem. Hope the Fit 2 Pro can fill this gap up. Looks very promising!

As a user of the Samsung Gear fit.. I think you would be good with Fit2 :D Tho you must be deep into Samsung's eco system. (S Health)

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a user of the Samsung Gear fit.. I think you would be good with Fit2 :D Tho you must be deep into Samsung's eco system. (S Health)

I've already started using Samsung health 2 weeks ago and it's far more intuitive and pro-active than FitBit. It's tracking via phone but I need a tracker for my boxing and running as I do not have my phone on me when I do.

One thing Samsung Health lacks is the integration into myfitness pal for minusing calories from activities which I have been using heavily but it's not a big deal breaker moving away from Fitbit cause I feel they do not work on updates and solutions as fast as Samsung. The interface is actually about the same as Fitbit so it was really easy to setup and use.

Other thing is that not many people are on Samsung Health for benching your progress with others which is understandable since not many actually use Samsung Health. I'm definitely getting the Fit 2 Pro as it seems a great replacement based on my usage. ☺️

I also hope Samsung starts incorporating VO2 max functionality on their fitness trackers as its an in thing now and I'm sure they can pull it off.

Last edited:

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
the Gear Sport looks good. think it could coming available together with the Note 8 rite?

iiskingsley

Reaction score
Anyone knows when this would be released in Singapore?

The Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear IconX will be available from 28 October 2017 at a recommended retail price of $448, $268 and $268 respectively.

Source: (scroll all the way down) http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/samsung-announces-availability-of-the-gear-sport-gear-fit2-pro-and-gear-iconx/

Lucky123

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought it. Great watch...loving it...size fit just nice for me unlike Gear S3.

earthtk

Reaction score
Anyone who got it, how is it for heart rate tracking? Using a charge HR 2. Thinking of upgrading to the gear sport.. or is it downgrading?

mozzozo

Master Member
Reaction score
Would you get the gear sport over a fitbit ionic? Or the other way round?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.