MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone encountered the type cover keyboard not responding at all? There isn't even light on CAP lock key. I'd tried rebooting, disconnect and reconnect, boot to UEFI (POWER + VOL+), all no help. Out of warranty set.

I have the same problem! and I thought it was due to hardware failure.
Totally not detected!

I just ordered a new SP Pro keyboard. Should I cancel it while waiting for a solution?

finalforce

Reaction score
jin jia lat man this SP4, everytime i shut down, few days later i try to start up, always battery drained completely. wth.

i disabled the fastboot also same result.

anyone has any solution to this seriously annoying issue?
If you used shutdown function and not sleep, then might be hardware issue. I had this before and they replaced it. Of course you should test with fresh system also.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you used shutdown function and not sleep, then might be hardware issue. I had this before and they replaced it. Of course you should test with fresh system also.

Yea I am using the standard shut down from menu. It seems like a lot of the users are encountering the same issue too (when I Google).

U guys never encountered battery drain when shut down? It seems like the laptop wasn't really shut down (despite going through all sorts of shut down methods). Otherwise wouldn't be able to deplete the battery.

Reluctant to do a reformat. V tedious to restore back my stuff. Only doing it as last option.

finalforce

Reaction score
Yea I am using the standard shut down from menu. It seems like a lot of the users are encountering the same issue too (when I Google).

U guys never encountered battery drain when shut down? It seems like the laptop wasn't really shut down (despite going through all sorts of shut down methods). Otherwise wouldn't be able to deplete the battery.

Reluctant to do a reformat. V tedious to restore back my stuff. Only doing it as last option.
I was also reluctant, but I lost about 6% per night, which was ridiculous. Means about 20% per 24hrs. Should replace if still have warranty

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jin jia lat man this SP4, everytime i shut down, few days later i try to start up, always battery drained completely. wth.

i disabled the fastboot also same result.

anyone has any solution to this seriously annoying issue?

I was also reluctant, but I lost about 6% per night, which was ridiculous. Means about 20% per 24hrs. Should replace if still have warranty

oh so u mean normal laptop won't discharge over few days ah ?

i always tot it's normal lol....it seems my set also like that.

but too bad bo warranty liao. :(

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh so u mean normal laptop won't discharge over few days ah ?

i always tot it's normal lol....it seems my set also like that.

but too bad bo warranty liao. :(
No, other laptops will not drain as ridiculously much. Probably few % per day of shutdown.

Mine is 3-4 days never use, from full to 0. Have to charge it den can even on the sp4

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, other laptops will not drain as ridiculously much. Probably few % per day of shutdown.

Mine is 3-4 days never use, from full to 0. Have to charge it den can even on the sp4

No one clear stock for surface pro 4? If got 20-30% lelong, can consider

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem! and I thought it was due to hardware failure.
Totally not detected!

I just ordered a new SP Pro keyboard. Should I cancel it while waiting for a solution?

I would test your old keyboard with another SP4. I had the benefit that my boss is using a SP4 too, so I could test my keyboard on his, and his keyboard on mine and confirmed that it's my connector port that's got issue.

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would test your old keyboard with another SP4. I had the benefit that my boss is using a SP4 too, so I could test my keyboard on his, and his keyboard on mine and confirmed that it's my connector port that's got issue.

Yes, I checked with a sales staff and he checked both my components. Confirmed that it has to do with the connector port too.

How did you repair your SP4? did you send it in for repair?

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I tried to send my SP4 (out of warranty) for servicing for the (suspected) connector port bricked by Win 10 update.

Need to pay $638 for a replacement set. Really find it hard to swallow after all the googling indicate the dead connector port is caused by Win 10 Creator Update, and here I've to pay $638 just to have it fixed.

Instead I got a Brydge keyboard. True, it added weight (almost x2) but at least I can use it on my lap like a proper laptop.

This will be my last Surface from Microsoft.

Posted with MHA-L29 via PCWX

I am also in the same predicament. And I am as angry as you since the problem seem to originate from them.

This will likewise be my last Surface from them.

Edit: did you pay $39 just to talk to them?

Last edited:

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have updated to the creator update, no issue. Maybe I was lucky

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, some updates to Creator Update no issue. Some got their connector port bricked, but reboot to UEFI (spelling?) and it got fixed. Unlucky ones like me, connector port now is totally unusable. And, to make matter worse, my warranty is over already. Hence, unless I pay Microsoft $638 for a replacement, I'll have to live with a SP4 with non-functioning connector port.

I choose to pay $245 (approximately) for a Brydge keyboard. It double the weight of the SP4, but I can use it like a laptop on my lap.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a MS Surface Pro 4 from the US a while ago. Still in the box.

I have licenses for Adobe Design Standard (CS 6) and also MS Office. I shouldn't have any issues/problems installing them on the Pro 4?

I still have my old laptop. Working well. If the softwares won't work on the Pro 4, I would rather sell away the Pro 4 and keep my existing laptop. Have read online that the CS 6 will run on Windows 10 but would like to be 'safe'. Anyone running CS 6 on his/her Pro?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a MS Surface Pro 4 from the US a while ago. Still in the box.

I have licenses for Adobe Design Standard (CS 6) and also MS Office. I shouldn't have any issues/problems installing them on the Pro 4?

I still have my old laptop. Working well. If the softwares won't work on the Pro 4, I would rather sell away the Pro 4 and keep my existing laptop. Have read online that the CS 6 will run on Windows 10 but would like to be 'safe'. Anyone running CS 6 on his/her Pro?

I have installed the latest photoshop & office 365/2016, no issue

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have installed the latest photoshop & office 365/2016, no issue

Erm, I'm holding not the latest licenses, that's why I'm worried. If I have the $ to buy the latest softwares of cos I don't have to worry.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, I'm holding not the latest licenses, that's why I'm worried. If I have the $ to buy the latest softwares of cos I don't have to worry.
I used cs5 before, no issue, just that the icons will be very small due to high screen resolution of sp4. There a solution for it

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.