Hello,

is it worth to go KaohSiung?

Is 2 days enough?

What are the places that worth going?

Thank you~:)

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay. Would 2 days be enough? Any place to intro?

旗巾 cijin. take a ferry to cijin if you like beaches or water sports. Worth spending half a day there.

actually you can consider flying into taipei and depart from kao hsiung, if you are spending at least a week in TW.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
旗巾 cijin. take a ferry to cijin if you like beaches or water sports. Worth spending half a day there.

actually you can consider flying into taipei and depart from kao hsiung, if you are spending at least a week in TW.

旗津....
Station 西子灣

koguma

Reaction score
If you have a driver to drive you around, can explorer 西子灣. for my recent trip, i am fortunate to have a local friend to drive me to a "ulu-ulu" area to see sunset.

It is about 20 min drive from from the jetty that you take ferry to 旗津. From the jetty, drive along on the road which is along a university ( i think is 中山大學) . there is a place where there are few houses which serve drinks. you can seat there and relax, and see the sun set.

the view is really awesome.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have a driver to drive you around, can explorer 西子灣. for my recent trip, i am fortunate to have a local friend to drive me to a "ulu-ulu" area to see sunset.

It is about 20 min drive from from the jetty that you take ferry to 旗津. From the jetty, drive along on the road which is along a university ( i think is 中山大學) . there is a place where there are few houses which serve drinks. you can seat there and relax, and see the sun set.

winter ghost there sunset what time? 5pm? rast time ghost Taiwan 6pm machiam like 8pm

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

對的。
是中山大學。
連校舍都面海。

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feels different from Taipei - slower pace and pretty good explore if u have time.

bubblepop

Reaction score

Hi! that's exactly what I did.

I am flying to Taipei and departing from Kao Hsiung and will be there for 1 week. I am planning to go somewhere in between but have not decided where (Yilan/ Taitung/ Tainan/).

I have been to Taichung, Hualien and Cingjing previously.

If you have any good recommendations, please let me know!

Thanks.

koolkool

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone can comment if a trip to 佛光山 FoGuangShan is highly recommended when visiting KaoSiung? Will be staying at Kaosiung in Dec for 2 nights. Places shortlisted - Cijin Island,
Pier 2 Art, EDA Park, Dome of light. Thanks.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone can comment if a trip to 佛光山 FoGuangShan is highly recommended when visiting KaoSiung? Will be staying at Kaosiung in Dec for 2 nights. Places shortlisted - Cijin Island,

You need a good whole day.
More worthy.
It is a huge place.

sendtolee

Reaction score

Every time, we go there, we stayed there for 1 night. If take scoot, we arrive at 佛光山 around 12pm to 1pm, depends on how much time we stay at Zuoying. Then we check in and visit the 纪念馆, lunch there. Dinner at 滴水方.
Good and healthy food there....

koolkool

Reaction score
Every time, we go there, we stayed there for 1 night. If take scoot, we arrive at 佛光山 around 12pm to 1pm, depends on how much time we stay at Zuoying. Then we check in and visit the 纪念馆, lunch there. Dinner at 滴水方.
Good and healthy food there....

You need a good whole day.
More worthy.
It is a huge place.

Thank you!

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
I will be skipping Fo Guang Shan since I am not a religious person and temples are abundance in Taiwan. I have 2 nights too, going to

Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
Kaohsiung Love River (愛河) Go at evening
旗津區 (Cijin Island) + Sizihwan
Shoushan National Park
The Pier2 art center

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be skipping Fo Guang Shan since I am not a religious person and temples are abundance in Taiwan. I have 2 nights too, going to

Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
Shoushan National Park
The Pier2 art center

Am not a religious person too but i quite like it and reckon macam haw par villa.
Can check out 東港 too.

UrPropertyInfo

Reaction score

Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
Shoushan National Park
The Pier2 art center

thanks for sharing!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.