Fathers, is a good primary school really that important for your child?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So as you know, my baby is coming out end of the year. yesterday I catch up with my friend, he say need to plan for primary school liao. I say isn't it abit too early? He say no. If you want BTO near branded school, you need to apply now, and when BTO completed, just nice your child can apply primary school. He also say if you want to start as community leader, you need to also start serving now.

I studied in neighbourhood primary school myself but the more I google, the more I realised Singapore parents are really very kiasu, got this website called kiasu parents just talk about primary school, and I must admit the allure of my child entering a branded school does sound attractive. My friend told me, if no BTO, see which areas of resale appeal to you. Pay abit more nevermind, don't let cheap BTO price affect the future of your child. Yes you pay lower BTO price, but your child future will be affected just because he does not live near a branded school. Next time when he is older as a teenager, you want to apply BTO live punggol also nobody cares.

Is my friend right? Really so cut throat nowadays in primary school? Secondary school or JC I can understand but primary school level??? :(

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, primary school with proper foundation for your kid goes a long way.

boy or girl ?

got girl, jitao find place along BT area liao, SCGS

or little india area, St Marg.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just go neighborhood school lor... :(

ginna ish rebellious by nature.... u want them to be good give them all de good thing, they will purposely become bad to spite u.... :(

so if you send them to bad school, they will become good to spite u.... :(

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy chiur friend a goot dinner

He is gibing chiu good advice as he probably being thru and know the importance

obsceneK2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upbringing most important, it doesn't matter which school he/she goes to. What you do/teach him, he will follows. Teach him the right moral values.

01asdf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It sets the foundation mah. How many kids can go to branded sec school from no name primary school?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, primary school with proper foundation for your kid goes a long way.

boy or girl ?

got girl, jitao find place along BT area liao, SCGS

or little india area, St Marg.
doc say its boy leh... how? :(

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not abt the Sch

It is the ppl who attended the sch.

The goot Sch along BT are attended by minister son and daughter. That makes a lot of difference in children circle of friends

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It sets the foundation mah. How many kids can go to branded sec school from no name primary school?

Lol most of my classmates from no name primary schs
Including myself
From a top girls' school

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upbringing most important, it doesn't matter which school he/she goes to. What you do/teach him, he will follows. Teach him the right moral values.
that's what I think also, but Singapore got so many kiasu parents until I think its scary.... :(

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my experience, pri schs all roughly the same and doing well or not depends on family support
Secondary schs have differences though obviously

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno leh, isn't sec school entry based on psle score, so you could still enter good sec school with good scores even though neighbourhood school?

01asdf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol most of my classmates from no name primary schs
Including myself
From a top girls' school

Times have changed? We had less than 10 "outsiders" a year that weren't from the feeder primary school in my secondary school years.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Baby haven't come out huan lo primary school liao. Your kid is in for a good time Sir.

orwell76

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My new citizen tiong colleague bought Lakeville condo so the son can go Rulang you say leh

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not abt the Sch

It is the ppl who attended the sch.

The goot Sch along BT are attended by minister son and daughter. That makes a lot of difference in children circle of friends
that's what I think also, most likely most of them stay condo or landed, I dunno how my HDB peasant child can survive in that environment. Wait they boast to my child they go where vacation, go where eat good food, buy what branded stuff etc. I can only bring my child go Malaysia and eat hawker food. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.