Fathers, is a good primary school really that important for your child?

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Almost everybody will tell you

Never mind

Best is near home

But almost everybody will send their chidlren to branded schools if they can

So ?

And since when is branded school entrance based on close distance?

Based on ballot?

mansae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imo it's not impt, since everyone would be taking the same national exam anyways

frenchbriefs

Banned
Reaction score
Yes elitism must be bred from young.statistic also show that 50 percent of RI cohort comes from family backgrounds that are elite themselves,staying in 5 room flat and above.

So if u are a peasant with questionable dna,it's best u enroll ur child in a elite school so some of their elite characteristics might rub off on ur son/daughter even though ur genes suck and not too bright.so ur child will seem like a pseudo elite.

orwell76

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Never mind

Best is near home

So ?

Based on ballot?

Primary school base on distance leh

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Never mind

Best is near home

So ?

Based on ballot?
yes live near not a guarantee of getting in also, but increase your balloting chances... :(

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes elitism must be bred from young.statistic also show that 50 percent of RI cohort comes from family backgrounds that are elite themselves,staying in 5 room flat and above.

So if u are a peasant with questionable dna,it's best u enroll ur child in a elite school so some of their elite characteristics might rub off on ur son/daughter even though ur genes suck and not too bright.so ur child will seem like a pseudo elite.
I like your phrase "pseudo elite" :(

Nigho17

Reaction score
Very important.

Go good school, mix with elites. Compare results, CCA achievements

Go bad school, mix with ah bengs. Compare fighting skills, caning or boys home sentence achievement

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doc say its boy leh... how? :(

Novena area loh (around TTSH there), aim for SJI. i think boon keng hdb still within 2km. might need to check.

St Hilda's primary is apparently very very popular.

Catholic high around BT if u want try.

u mostly playing the 'house within 2km' game.

anyway, im not elitist, but a good school will help your child's growth. my girls are in an all girls school, you can say they really jiak kantang at this point of time liao. the topics they bring up are also very different from the neighborhood primary sch kids ~ in a mature sense. like, you won't think a kid that young would start talking about these things.

._.

frenchbriefs

Banned
Reaction score
that's what I think also, most likely most of them stay condo or landed, I dunno how my HDB peasant child can survive in that environment. Wait they boast to my child they go where vacation, go where eat good food, buy what branded stuff etc. I can only bring my child go Malaysia and eat hawker food. :(

Kids don't care about that ****....either they get along with each other or they don't.they make friends because they have a blast together and enjoy each other's company.only adults think about that bullcrap.

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chiu child will have to face the reality in no time. The same goes to parents. Finding excuses not making effort to get into elite school ish like saying money is the evil of everything and self-sabotage.

Getting into elite school and swim with the big tycoon. Never know if chiur child classmate parents can be someone may help chiu

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wrong, if u stay east ur kids school should be at west. This is how u train them from young

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this huan macham you got 2 job offers.

1 SME near your house, coworkers sometimes jiak liao bee, not motivated. slack around.

another job, you got is MNC fortune 500, motivated people inside.

which one would u pick if your salary is based on performance

:(

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Novena area loh (around TTSH there), aim for SJI. i think boon keng hdb still within 2km. might need to check.

St Hilda's primary is apparently very very popular.

Catholic high around BT if u want try.

u mostly playing the 'house within 2km' game.

anyway, im not elitist, but a good school will help your child's growth. my girls are in an all girls school, you can say they really jiak kantang at this point of time liao. the topics they bring up are also very different from the neighborhood primary sch kids ~ in a mature sense. like, you won't think a kid that young would start talking about these things.

._.
gxgx they are getting elite genes. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.