Fathers, is a good primary school really that important for your child?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kids don't care about that ****....either they get along with each other or they don't.they make friends because they have a blast together and enjoy each other's company.only adults think about that bullcrap.
really meh, I hear things like my friend father buy him this elite handphone, why you never buy for me. his father buy him playstation, I also want.

:(

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gxgx they are getting elite genes. :(

there are some really good primary schs in HDB estate areas also. u just need to find them out. i think SK area got 1. every year got ballot one.

good in this sense means the school grooms the kids to be motivated in learning ba.

not compare house or car

:s22:

ahkrong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So as you know, my baby is coming out end of the year. yesterday I catch up with my friend, he say need to plan for primary school liao. I say isn't it abit too early? He say no. If you want BTO near branded school, you need to apply now, and when BTO completed, just nice your child can apply primary school. He also say if you want to start as community leader, you need to also start serving now.

I studied in neighbourhood primary school myself but the more I google, the more I realised Singapore parents are really very kiasu, got this website called kiasu parents just talk about primary school, and I must admit the allure of my child entering a branded school does sound attractive. My friend told me, if no BTO, see which areas of resale appeal to you. Pay abit more nevermind, don't let cheap BTO price affect the future of your child. Yes you pay lower BTO price, but your child future will be affected just because he does not live near a branded school. Next time when he is older as a teenager, you want to apply BTO live punggol also nobody cares.

Is my friend right? Really so cut throat nowadays in primary school? Secondary school or JC I can understand but primary school level??? :(
3cqrEJ6.gif

Screwed up society is screwed up. So if your kid go to good school n still cannot make it then how? Push him/her down the window.

Sent from mai dua karchng using GAGT

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chiu child will have to face the reality in no time. The same goes to parents. Finding excuses not making effort to get into elite school ish like saying money is the evil of everything and self-sabotage.

Getting into elite school and swim with the big tycoon. Never know if chiur child classmate parents can be someone may help chiu
I get that but not sure if effort and money is worth it.

money, buy expensive resale, give up bto chance

time and effort, volunteer at school or serve as community leader.

I guess the answer I am looking for by asking this, are all these effort and money worth it, when PM says all primary schools are the same? :(

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ur baby not even one years old u worry thisfkr what?
food for thought mah, if I wanna bto branded sch area, also have to plan now. bto need 5 years to build. the next one at eunos mrt is near Maha Bodhi, tampines one is st hildas. but not very near also, >1km. :(

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
every school is a good school.

some schools are gooder than others.

:(

Ethan_

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think want go good school also must have the capability. Not say stay close can go in. Everyone want go good school, so usually the demand is more than supply. So, no matter how one plan, it will not guarantee future event one. If no the capability, then think probably settle for something lesser to avoid the heartache later after all the time, money and effort end up nothing much.

CoricopatXu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think want go good school also must have the capability. Not say stay close can go in. Everyone want go good school, so usually the demand is more than supply. So, no matter how one plan, it will not guarantee future event one. If no the capability, then think probably settle for something lesser to avoid the heartache later after all the time, money and effort end up nothing much.

Agreed. I know of kids who went to Rosyth and struggled like crazy. Last class every year. It's a pressure cooker. And of course, parents must be very invested and involved if they really want their child to be able to cope with increased demands.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
food for thought mah, if I wanna bto branded sch area, also have to plan now. bto need 5 years to build. the next one at eunos mrt is near Maha Bodhi, tampines one is st hildas. but not very near also, >1km. :(

If you are serious you will know that for some elite schools, even with phase 2C 1km you also don't need to dream. Don't even talk about Nanyang, Henry Park, AC Primary, even 2nd tiers also better pray hard.

hardwriter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a father of 2, let me tell you that if your kid does not go into an excellent primary school right from the beginning, his life will be ruined. When he grows up, he will lament that you haven't done enough for him.

You want him to remember that? No?

Then do yourself a favour and listen to your friend's advice.

Sent from SGneeds10MillionPax using GAGT

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are serious you will know that for some elite schools, even with phase 2C 1km you also don't need to dream. Don't even talk about Nanyang, Henry Park, AC Primary, even 2nd tiers also better pray hard.

i know a couple from MOE days. wifu primary sch teacher. keep requesting for transfer into one of the primary schools in BT area.

after that go pop baby.

:s22::s22::s22:

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
As a father of 2, let me tell you that if your kid does not go into an excellent primary school right from the beginning, his life will be ruined. When he grows up, he will lament that you haven't done enough for him.

You want him to remember that? No?

Then do yourself a favour and listen to your friend's advice.

Sent from SGneeds10MillionPax using GAGT

wah, kids nowadays. back then, I thank my parents for not sending me to elite sch.. actually I begged them not to

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ish important
sinkies ghosts local sch
amdk ghost international sch
local sch get blainwash by paper
international sch holistic education

orwell76

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Novena area loh (around TTSH there), aim for SJI. i think boon keng hdb still within 2km. might need to check.

St Hilda's primary is apparently very very popular.

Catholic high around BT if u want try.

u mostly playing the 'house within 2km' game.

anyway, im not elitist, but a good school will help your child's growth. my girls are in an all girls school, you can say they really jiak kantang at this point of time liao. the topics they bring up are also very different from the neighborhood primary sch kids ~ in a mature sense. like, you won't think a kid that young would start talking about these things.

._.

Catholic high in Bishan leh

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Catholic high in Bishan leh

:s13::s13::s13::s13:

ijjit

paisey ~ i totally out of touch with all this locations liao

dunno y i had the impression cat high was in BT

or maybe that was another all boys atas school

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.