LED TV life

axyeta

Reaction score
Hello All..

Just wondering what is your LED life span..

My LG 55" just gone black suddenly after 6 years 2 months..indicator still on but no display and sound..mechanic said no spare part.. discontinued model..

Is this normal.?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
try looking for an actual repairman (distributor servicemen don't do actual repair work, they only do replacement work), who may be able to properly troubleshoot your issue and repair the specific component if possible. one is recommended in the post in another thread linked below.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/108005756-post102.html

petetherock

Reaction score
Hello All..

My LG 55" just gone black suddenly after 6 years 2 months..indicator still on but no display and sound..mechanic said no spare part.. discontinued model..

Is this normal.?

Wow, pretty good lifespan. Excellent excuse to get a modern TV, cheers.

kmchow98

Reaction score
Hello All..

Is this normal.?

Most likely main board is dead. Too old to find the parts to repair.
I think any brand that last more than 5 years is good enough.

On average, the panasonic plasmas lasted 8 years for me.
Sadly, I know some people have Sony that lasted around 4 years.

Now the question is what brand you want to buy next as a replacement?

axyeta

Reaction score
Most likely main board is dead. Too old to find the parts to repair.
I think any brand that last more than 5 years is good enough.

On average, the panasonic plasmas lasted 8 years for me.
Sadly, I know some people have Sony that lasted around 4 years.

Now the question is what brand you want to buy next as a replacement?

Yes, u r correct mechanic said main board gone...
Guess I interested to buy either LG or Panasonic...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello All..

Is this normal.?

Sound like partial power supply issue.
Now a day seem quite common that even agent don5 keep spare for long. So there is no point to buy those expensive model.

axyeta

Reaction score
Now a day seem quite common that even agent don5 keep spare for long. So there is no point to buy those expensive model.

Yes..it is the main board...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May be can find part but not cheap to do the repair because the broad will cost ~$160 or more and technician will charge service charge so total at least $300+ or more. Because it is 55" so still can repair la.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May be can find part but not cheap to do the repair because the broad will cost ~$160 or more and technician will charge service charge so total at least $300+ or more. Because it is 55" so still can repair la.

Repair in componment level. Replace whole board will be expensive unless you can find second hand one.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Repair in componment level. Replace whole board will be expensive unless you can find second hand one.

How many people have the ability to repair at component level nowadays? :s13:

And even if someone has the ability, how much is his day job's hourly rate? ;)

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many people have the ability to repair at component level nowadays? :s13:

And even if someone has the ability, how much is his day job's hourly rate? ;)

Most technicians will replace the whole board. Even for notebook, most of the time is replace whole board. 55" still worth it. LG may still have the board.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi..
Agreed with you..called the repair man also..and he said main board died...and he has no spare..LoL..

So only solution buy new tv..haha

Is the repair man from LG? May be can call LG to check.

OneZeroEight

Reaction score
My led TV ending warranty in mid Nov this year. This is a 5 year warranty and if no spare part or cant repair, the Company will give me a new latest TV.

Since the old TV is not digitally ready, I wish I can get get a new TV but it is not easy to spoil a TV unless pour water over it.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My led TV ending warranty in mid Nov this year. This is a 5 year warranty and if no spare part or cant repair, the Company will give me a new latest TV.

Since the old TV is not digitally ready, I wish I can get get a new TV but it is not easy to spoil a TV unless pour water over it.

It is all about luck. I have claimed warranty for such extended warranty. Such 5 yrs extended warranty is like refund of the money u paid for your Tv in the form of replacement voucher. If you paid $999 earlier then your voucher is $999. If the new Tv you want is $2000 you must top up the different.

grynove

Reaction score
6 year lifespan consider very good. my samsung last time died 3 year 1 weeks. warranty is 3 year.
currently my LG already over 3 year. still rock solid

benedium

Banned
Reaction score

If u sell the tv, is the warranty transferable to new owner?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.