Starhub new unlimited weekend data mobile plans

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do not like the new price plan as none benefit my usage patterns but i have to pay more.

if the plans were announced before the note 8 pre-order, i would have switched telco.

not happy but LL

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
i do not like the new price plan as none benefit my usage patterns but i have to pay more.

if the plans were announced before the note 8 pre-order, i would have switched telco.

not happy but LL

What is ur usage pattern?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, jumping ship should be no issue right.
It's just a pre order. Nothing signed or paid.

Yup, interested in usage pattern that is out of range of SH new plans.

For me, I have 3 mobile lines and Fibre Broadband with M1 till this month.
So I'm looking at my options.

BTW where's the fourth Telco

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is ur usage pattern?

high data usage on weekdays daytime, extremely low on weekends since if at home I got my wireless, if go out, i am hardly on my phone except for call or whatsapp or google map.

some sms .. less than 20 a month. once in a while need to sms some people who are not on whatapps.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, jumping ship should be no issue right.
It's just a pre order. Nothing signed or paid.

Yup, interested in usage pattern that is out of range of SH new plans.

For me, I have 3 mobile lines and Fibre Broadband with M1 till this month.
So I'm looking at my options.

BTW where's the fourth Telco

will ends up either paying more or getting the phone much later.

still got a few days to think.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.tpgtelecom.com.sg/

Nothing. Thanks MDA.

Sometimes there's port over promotion.
Why will pay more when switch operator?

Getting the phone much later, think NOT. Since Apple is launching soon.
So why not select Apple, and sell, and profit from it, then buy Samsung from open market?

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically we are going backwards when our technology is going forward.

Faster speed, less data, more expensive per data.

Telco used to give unlimited SMS 15 years ago.
5 years ago, they throw 500 SMS.
Now ZERO.

If you sign up with GIRO or credit card recurring bill payment, Starhub will give free 100 SMS on top of these new plan.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
I do not know what you mean by benefits in getting handset from telco. Please explain.

Consider getting the $20 basic plans from Singtel and M1 that comes with some calls and SMS.

Doesn't work if you want to enjoy home bundle discount. My data usage is between 1 to 3 GB per month.

ecoli81

Reaction score
Just for your info guys, i recontracted online, paid for my phone (with the usage of a recontract voucher). And guess what, Starhub online system deducted my credit card full price of the phone ( without usage of the voucher). I called in, and they kind of resolved it by giving me the said-amount voucher to be used in my next few billing cycle.
You would think after so many calls to the call centre, my ordeal may be over? No.
The delivery of the phone came, and the delivery guy said my payment was not through. And i have to make payment on the spot if not he will have to take the phone back. I thought it may be some technical glitch in payment, so i paid through credit card again via his portable payment device. Guess what, i checked my bank records, I was charged twice for a recontract phone. TWICE. Over-charged 400 bucks for a phone.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is why it's best go down shop get yourself if the company got s real shop it self
Unless ya a fully online store and. No option to pay offline

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
high data usage on weekdays daytime, extremely low on weekends since if at home I got my wireless, if go out, i am hardly on my phone except for call or whatsapp or google map.

some sms .. less than 20 a month. once in a while need to sms some people who are not on whatapps.

Circles Life, M1, ST and the up coming MyRepublic plans may suit you better. Or just go for the M1 Unlimited plan if it is still available

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how did u manage to get the port-in discount?

Sounds like CIS thing. Till now I never see port-in discount so big for consumer plans for quite some time already, even the Big Orange only have $50-100 discount only, excluding the 25% discount for 12 months for some Reg and higher plan (consumer plans).

mynameisjon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a PSA for those of you who on 4G 12 and are planning to do the annual recontract to XL.

The waiver of the Early Recontract Fee will no longer apply once you upgrade to XL. XL will only give you the $500 voucher, but in future you will have to pay the $300 fee, so your actual benefit now is $200 off the handset.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a PSA for those of you who on 4G 12 and are planning to do the annual recontract to XL.

The waiver of the Early Recontract Fee will no longer apply once you upgrade to XL. XL will only give you the $500 voucher, but in future you will have to pay the $300 fee, so your actual benefit now is $200 off the handset.

What kind of sai is this? Devaluating those high paying customers? May as well switch out to rivals??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.