Fujifilm XT20

sheena521

Reaction score
Hi there, would like to know your opinions on this camera. Is it worth the price? I'm a beginner in photography. I've seen many bloggers using this camera and it seems good to me. Also, which lens is preferable for this camera?

Lastly, any good lobang for it?

Thanks all!

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, would like to know your opinions on this camera. Is it worth the price? I'm a beginner in photography. I've seen many bloggers using this camera and it seems good to me. Also, which lens is preferable for this camera?

Lastly, any good lobang for it?

Thanks all!

Ha, if it is good camera or no, only you can tell la.

If you want me to tell you in my Opinion, YES it is a very good camera.

For your info X-T10/20 was originally designed for ladies thus the smaller profile.

Performance is a no brainer, it is good for that price range and Fuji is pretty known for good colours and film simulations. <- you should google and look up on this.

No lobang to intro unless you go Carousell hunting, or else I think going to Shops like TK foto etc; should have better buying experience.

Lens to go, if you are starting out, stick to the 18-55 kit lens, it is an amazing lens. Until you are sian, then look for more lens options.

This is a good review of the kit lens and do take note that the reviewer is using older generation of camera.

https://digital-photography-school.com/xf18-55mm-kit-lens-king/

PS: A few of my friend whom I have recommended X-T20 has been happy owners.

BTW: happy Shooting!

sheena521

Reaction score
Hi N3wxTyp3, thank you so much for the valuable feedback! Greatly appreciate it. Hahaha yeah, went to comex but there's no good offers except some freebies.

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi N3wxTyp3, thank you so much for the valuable feedback! Greatly appreciate it. Hahaha yeah, went to comex but there's no good offers except some freebies.

The deal is good for X-T2 series.

Comes with an expensive Vertical Grip.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X-T20 is getting the lcd touch focusing shift soon, it will make changing focus points while eye is on the EVF a breeze. :)

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes new firmware on the current xt20. It can do the lcd slide focusing like the canon does.

sheena521

Reaction score
Yes new firmware on the current xt20. It can do the lcd slide focusing like the canon does.

Oooo so which means I'm able to buy the camera now and update the firmware as per normal? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm a noob here haha

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes can buy now. Also do consider the latest x-e3, a rangefinder stype xt20 equivalent. The 23mmf2 bundle pricing is attractive, they throw in some nice freebies too. But you have to wait for delivery though, its a pre order.

sheena521

Reaction score
Yes can buy now. Also do consider the latest x-e3, a rangefinder stype xt20 equivalent. The 23mmf2 bundle pricing is attractive, they throw in some nice freebies too. But you have to wait for delivery though, its a pre order.

Hmmm yeah, I saw after you suggested. 18-55mm is at $2,099. Which is better? Haha. The prices of these two cameras are quite close. What's rangefinder? Hahaha. I've read that it's the first camera with Bluetooth function for Fujifilm?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me i prefer rangefinder style camera as i like to view with my right eye. My nose wont be rubbing the lcd also i like a flat top design :)

Lens wise i prefer prime

sheena521

Reaction score
You mean the xt20 is viewed with left eye? Hahaha I'm so sorry for the weird questions. Gotta find out what is a range finder hahaha

For me i prefer rangefinder style camera as i like to view with my right eye. My nose wont be rubbing the lcd also i like a flat top design :)

Lens wise i prefer prime

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
You mean the xt20 is viewed with left eye? Hahaha I'm so sorry for the weird questions. Gotta find out what is a range finder hahaha

Viewing is subjective.

Range finder models their EVF or OVF are all placed on the left of the camera.

T-20 and T-2 are SLR inspired camera, their EVF is on the center.

Google the Fuji latest E3, you will know. Can decide which to go for.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Viewing is subjective.

yes, personal preferences really. But flat top and non fudging the LCD is important to me. :)

Oh, XE3 doesn't have built in flash, they bundle a tiny external flash. Kind of "leche" to handle one more extra loose item. But will be moot if you use your own flash anyway.

sheena521

Reaction score
Yeah. I went to check out Fujifilm store. Indeed the x-t20 looks nicer to me haha. Thanks both for your valuable advice! Appreciate it

yes, personal preferences really. But flat top and non fudging the LCD is important to me. :)

Oh, XE3 doesn't have built in flash, they bundle a tiny external flash. Kind of "leche" to handle one more extra loose item. But will be moot if you use your own flash anyway.

sheena521

Reaction score
Thank you newxtype, do you own any camera? Hahaha

Viewing is subjective.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I went to check out Fujifilm store. Indeed the x-t20 looks nicer to me haha. Thanks both for your valuable advice! Appreciate it

wont go wrong with it. Pair it with a 23mmF2(35mm equivalent) or the 35mmf2(53mm equivalent) or both :)

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which one is it? Hahaha. I only see bundled with it is 16-50mm or 18-55mm

I meant getting body only and buy your own prime. If you have in mind what to shoot, maybe getting a fast prime is better. But if you are just starting out the 18-55 zoom is good too.

For my case I always used a fixed prime lens camera, so naturally I got the X100F.

what do you plan to shoot eventually?

Last edited:

sheena521

Reaction score
Not sure what to shoot. Actually it's for a gift hahaha. The basic should be with 18-55mm i Guess?

I meant getting body only and buy your own prime. If you have in mind what to shoot, maybe getting a fast prime is better. But if you are just starting out the 18-55 zoom is good too.

For my case I always used a fixed prime lens camera, so naturally I got the X100F.

what do you plan to shoot eventually?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.