Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hindsight is always hindsight but i agree mayb playing fellaini instead of herrera could be a difference

u need dirty player to play agst dirty teams

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
When fellani play, everyone curse n swear at him. When fellani doesn't play, everyone say United miss him.

Football fans are a funny bunch lol

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When fellani play, everyone curse n swear at him. When fellani doesn't play, everyone say United miss him.

Football fans are a funny bunch lol

to be fair...i think recent games which lampost played...he was quite good

lol

herrera on the other hand...look rusty and played so much side and back passes...he was supposed to create from the back which we saw Pogba went further up but herrera was quite hopeless last night

before we have matic...pogba herrera pairing was ok because pogba is a natural playmaker...matic and herrara was hopeless

i would have sub herrera at half time

Last edited:

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits he's upset with Andreas Pereira.

The midfielder left United last week to join Valencia on a season-long loan.

"Andreas Pereira was a personal decision that I don't agree with," Mourinho said. "A decision I don't think honestly I don't think is the best decision for him, a decision that disappoints me a little bit, because I think he has the potential to be here fighting for a position, for opportunities, and fighting to be a Manchester United player.

"I think his decision can be considered a decision of a young player who wants to play every weekend but can also be considered a decision by a young player that is not ready to fight for something difficult and it's difficult to play in the Manchester United midfield.

"You have to be ready to fight for a position and I am a bit disappointed that he left. But okay, it was his decision, I open the door for his decision, he has a long-term contract, we have the option to bring him back on January 1, so we have that situation under control. It is not a drama but is a decision that disappoints me a little bit."

AP15 has no chance to fight for a place. There are just too many ahead of him. Pogba and Matic is untouchable. You have Miki, Mata, Rashford, Martial, Herrera, Fellani, Lingard fighting for those few slots left.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair...i think recent games which lampost played...he was quite good

lol

herrera on the other hand...look rusty and played so much side and back passes...he was supposed to create from the back which we saw Pogba went further up but herrera was quite hopeless last night

before we have matic...pogba herrera pairing was ok because pogba is a natural playmaker...matic and herrara was hopeless

i would have sub herrera at half time

It's his first start of the league and his first time playing in the midfield 3. Just lacking match practice and chemistry with the others. Give him time, maybe he'll do good.

Of course JM could have done more by putting him in as a sub in one of the previous 3 matches to slowly gel him in. But that will mean Fellaini wouldn't be subbed in. It's not an easy game playing Stoke away on yr first match when we've not won there in our previous meetings.

Chill guys, lets reserve comments on his performance after and if he starts the midweek UCL with the same midfield trio. I'll say the same with Darmian's performance too. Not playing his usual RB position either didn't help.

If Carrick had started, he would look rusty as well.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont blame the player, he was put in a role possibly he never play before...

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give Herrera more time pls. Never miss fellani :)

Just like Matic is a upgrade to fellani, why bring back fellani leh

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NemanjaM wasn't at the top of his game last night too. Quite a few mispasses from him if I recall correctly. But when United plays like this the weekend before a CL match, we usually do well in midweek. Hope it's still the case after so many years.

And I don't know which is worse, a player who looks shaky but has done decently well over the last few years, or a player who has done decently well over the last few months but tends to make costly mistakes like misjudging while manmarking and slipping to gift a goal.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Herrera played ok seeing that he just started after the season break. Stoke bypassed midfield mostly. Just lob the ball right to have a go at our left-back.

zensushi

Reaction score
Still smarting from the points dropped... :sad:

Looking forward to the Champions League on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning! :s12: :s12:

zensushi

Reaction score
Herrera played ok seeing that he just started after the season break. Stoke bypassed midfield mostly. Just lob the ball right to have a go at our left-back.

Herrera was the weak link. Fitting him in pushed Pogba further up & shunted Mhkitaryan to the sides. Bad call. :(

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
I read an article just the other day on the importance of Fellaini..

let me try to find it again.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read an article just the other day on the importance of Fellaini..

let me try to find it again.

there was also an article on how we always did very badly after international break last season

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doom and gloom.............cham liao........stoke also cannot win.....

#MourinhoOut

:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.