iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

taquito

Reaction score
is there any current discount for all products atm ? planning to restock some of my supplements. thanks

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
Bought this on June 28 SG$15.75
ldg0JVm.jpg

The price escalated to $18.48 in 2 months.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/everyday-shea-moisturizing-body-wash-lavender-32-fl-oz-950-ml/22876

Crazy! SO what with their 10% special offer on this brand?!
Still more ex.

:eek:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if it works if you use a promo code on iherb through shopback? I know it'll work on iherb, but will shopback still credit you?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

i dont use shopback for iherb because shopback wants the transaction to be in SGD.. means i will kena DCC from iherb then further 1% fee from bank. end up the 3% as good as nothing.. so i just pay in USD with a USD current account debit card. no bank fees no dcc.

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
I stopped using shopback for iherb. As far as I know, if use promo codes (other than shopback ones, if any), no credit u.

Last time think still can. After that, no more. Inquiry before. They said cannot use promo code. :s22: ;)

Do you guys know if it works if you use a promo code on iherb through shopback? I know it'll work on iherb, but will shopback still credit you?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stopped using shopback for iherb. As far as I know, if use promo codes (other than shopback ones, if any), no credit u.

Last time think still can. After that, no more. Inquiry before. They said cannot use promo code. :s22: ;)

see your post riao i tell myself really heng i decided to pay in USD instead. :s13:

wunderluster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to buy some supplements and multi-vitamins for myself from iherb.

Due to the many brands available, any recommended ones to go for?

Thanks

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys know there is a shop at parkway sell all these stuff at a very expensive price, i remember i buy from iherb atound 50+ they sell 80-90 plus

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys know there is a shop at parkway sell all these stuff at a very expensive price, i remember i buy from iherb atound 50+ they sell 80-90 plus
flippers like these are everywhere.. just go shopee and u will see many flippers and many innocent carrots... sometimes I see the buyers rate 5 stars and put good price good quality I feel abit pity for them

Sent from the toilet using GAGT

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to buy some supplements and multi-vitamins for myself from iherb.

Due to the many brands available, any recommended ones to go for?

Thanks
Nothing in specific? I am looking just to upkeep my body and maintain good health.

Looks like fish oil is very popular now?

Hi wunderluster!

You are right. Omega 3 is a great supplement because in addition to be a good anti-inflammatory supplement because of the EPA component , it is also good for young children (Brain, eye, development etc) and older folks (mental, skin improvements etc) because of the DHA component.

There are so many different prices & dosages for the various brands of the same supplement. Which to buy?

See this:
lXNz33H.jpg

If you use Bilberry/Lutein, Curcumin, Digestive Enzymes, Maca, Magnesium, Probiotics, Spirulina, Astaxazanthin, KrillOil, Omega 3 caps, liquid and gummies, then check out the price-value comparisons in this excel file: GET319.xls to get a headstart of which is the Best Buy. There are some notes there to clarify the key supplements.

BTW, in the excel file you'll find a tab on Multivits I Avoid. If you eat a wholesome varied meal, then it is not necessary. However, there are certain Multivits that could be useful for prenatal or perhaps old folks who have problems absorbing the nutrients. Personally, I prefer to go for targeted supplements like Omega 3 or Curcumin or Magnesium etc.

You can use this template to compare against other favorite brands or do your favorite supplement.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheerio!

Last edited:

galapogos

Reaction score
Nothing in specific? I am looking just to upkeep my body and maintain good health.

Looks like fish oil is very popular now?

You need to figure out exactly what your goal is, and what you need, before people can start recommending specific brands. Ask non-specific questions and you'll get non-specific answers.

galapogos

Reaction score
Is it just me or do certain items now incur shipping fees even when you've met the minimum order value for free shipping? For example, Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or do certain items now incur shipping fees even when you've met the minimum order value for free shipping? For example, Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance.
yes it's not just you.. I recently ordered the 1.5L nutiva coconut oil also faced this issue.. but if you have many other items that have "shipping saver" indicated, those items will help u to reduce the extra charges

Sent from the toilet using GAGT

AppleTree17

Reaction score

I have this problem too. Go to iherb online chat and ask for a waiver approval.
Then after placing your order, you have to inform them of your order #.
So far, I've got 2 orders waived.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.