Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

riCKyz

Reaction score
The super ideal cut represents the best of the best when it comes to brilliant round cut diamonds, and the solasfera is a patented designer cut, so you definitely have to pay a certain premium for these.

As for the color, it really depends on you. Some find G acceptable because they don't see any visible difference, some find G to be yellowish and would rather get F upwards.

If you are not dead set on getting either a super ideal or solasfera cut, do also consider normal ideal quality cut round brilliant diamonds. They may not have the same level of optical symmetry and light performance under a scope, but the upside is you can maximise the carat and color according to your budget

But to directly answer your question, I think the prices were around there when I enquired last year.

Sent from "I am very principled and will call a spade a spade, even if ownself condemn ownself, unlike majority here" Naveen macha, September 2017. using GAGT

Help me too ! AGS : 104093492064

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Help me too ! AGS : 104093492064
I'm assuming that's the solasfera? For AGS certified diamonds, need the cert number and carat weight to pull up the cert details.

Anyway for solasferas, the qc is so high that there's really nothing to nitpick in terms of specifications.

Also IMO, for a solasfera you'd have to be eagle eyed to be able to distinguish a G colour diamond from a D/E/F diamond looking face down (i.e. how the diamond would be set), due to the increase in fire

Sent from "I am very principled and will call a spade a spade, even if ownself condemn ownself, unlike majority here" Naveen macha, September 2017. using GAGT

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's the solasfera? For AGS certified diamonds, need the cert number and carat weight to pull up the cert details.

Anyway for solasferas, the qc is so high that there's really nothing to nitpick in terms of specifications.

Also IMO, for a solasfera you'd have to be eagle eyed to be able to distinguish a G colour diamond from a D/E/F diamond looking face down (i.e. how the diamond would be set), due to the increase in fire

G color can see the difference in color if someone has a D or E Color diamond to do a side by side compare

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G color can see the difference in color if someone has a D or E Color diamond to do a side by side compare
I'd agree, if it's side by side, round brilliant cut and you can examine the diamonds up close in side profile.

If they're solasferas and already set in a ring... You can visit JP and ask them to conduct a blind test for you :s13:

riCKyz

Reaction score

Its 0.66 carat

tinkerella

Reaction score
both the price is ok and reasonable? I feel like for $6200-$6300 like abit over le.. and its for colour G.

My fiance paid a couple hundreds more for .71 G VS2 Super Ideal!
Your pricing is already lower..

if the G bothers you, can always choose to up colour to F :)

Fros-Tee

Reaction score
Collected my ring :)

Very satisfied with the outcome. JannPaul rushed out the ring for me. I was worried they couldnt meet my deadline. My flight is tomorrow and only collected today. If any delay, I will have to propose without the ring liao.. haha. Joy was super on the ball and kept me in the loop. I recommend to look for her. I'm sure the other staff in JannPaul is good too, just that I was in touch with Joy the whole time. She even replies my anxious text msges at night.

Using my hand to pose with the diamond ring :s13:
Their diamonds really shine man.. Now I understand why you guys emphasize on the Cut so much.

qT7jSgw.jpg

wgwU1hO.jpg

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Very satisfied with the outcome. JannPaul rushed out the ring for me. I was worried they couldnt meet my deadline. My flight is tomorrow and only collected today. If any delay, I will have to propose without the ring liao.. haha. Joy was super on the ball and kept me in the loop. I recommend to look for her. I'm sure the other staff in JannPaul is good too, just that I was in touch with Joy the whole time. She even replies my anxious text msges at night.

Their diamonds really shine man.. Now I understand why you guys emphasize on the Cut so much.

qT7jSgw.jpg

wgwU1hO.jpg

Ohh that pinay girl? She took abit too long to reply sometime, and usually don't reply during her off days

How much is your setting with the side diamonds

Your diamond looks like 1.2

Last edited:

itsmee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the below diamond. Hca score 0.6, the seller say its very good score. I always tot nearer to 1 shld be better. Was quoted abt $4.8k including settings. Is it worth it? How much would a jannpaul one thats roughly about the same specs cost?
CBb3Abi_d.jpg

Last edited:

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the below diamond. Hca score 0.6, the seller say its very good score. I always tot nearer to 1 shld be better. Was quoted abt $4.8k including settings. Is it worth it? How much would a jannpaul one thats roughly about the same specs cost?
CBb3Abi_d.jpg

HCA is used as a rejection tool, not selection.

All it can prove is that its not a horrible diamond, in order to verify if it's a good diamond, u need to insist for ASET & Idealscope.

If you're looking at 0.65+ D color Super Ideal cut from JP, i believe the price will be above 6-7k. You can consider ideal cut instead if there's concern with budget.

KingKenny

Reaction score

qT7jSgw.jpg

wgwU1hO.jpg

Your rock is huge! Where are you doing your overseas proposal? (don't mind me being kaypo :))

Fros-Tee

Reaction score
Ohh that pinay girl? She took abit too long to reply sometime, and usually don't reply during her off days

How much is your setting with the side diamonds

Your diamond looks like 1.2

This is Joy jannpaul-diamonds-joy.blogspot.com.

I wish it was a 1.2carat.. Its only a 0.7 :o
My setting is 1.1k

terabytez

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Just wondering if this diamond is decent?
0.55 F VVS2

Experts please help take a look thanks :)

Actual_0_55_F_VVS2.jpg

Aset_0_55_F_VVS2.jpg

Heart_RB_0_55_F_VVS2.jpg

Ideal_0_55_F_VVS2.jpg

magpiesforme

Reaction score
Whiteflash ACA stone

Hi all, I'm new here.

I have a brand new whiteflash ACA I VS2 0.59ct that I'm looking to let go.

I recently purchased it from the original owner. It has never been set, and comes with full set from Whiteflash (receipt/certificate/idealscope) . It is very sparkly and the light performance is excellent. Bought it for my mum, however, she prefers something whiter.

I can provide aset and idealscope images upon request.

Would make a wonderful present as a promise or proposal ring, even as a pendant!

Checking to see if there is any interest here.

Thank you.

Last edited:

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here.

I have a brand new whiteflash ACA I VS2 0.59ct that I'm looking to let go.

I recently purchased it from the original owner. It has never been set, and comes with full set from Whiteflash (receipt/certificate/idealscope) . It is very sparkly and the light performance is excellent. Bought it for my mum, however, she prefers something whiter.

I can provide aset and idealscope images upon request.

Would make a wonderful present as a promise or proposal ring, even as a pendant!

Checking to see if there is any interest here.

Thank you.

Perhaps can consider whiteflash upgrade policy and go for an upgrade, might be hard to sell a I Color diamond in asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.