SSD: Samsung evo850 500gb
Ram: 1x8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4

Recommendations welcome!

Case prefer with 2 front usb3 and <$80.
PSU prefer 550~650w and <$100.

Last edited:

undead102

Reaction score
If budget is not a problem would suggest you get a better chassis then the tecware f3. Tons of good chassis and nice looking ones with tons of features and good air flow cooling available on the market. PSU looks ok if on a budget else get something a little better.

undead102

Reaction score
Maybe at least get something like the Phanteks Eclipse P400, or the define R5?
Over your budget but suggest to spend abit more for those as a good chassis can be use for a long time and also provides you with lots of features compatible with lots of motherboard sizes, beautiful looking and aesthetics looking etc. Good airflow keep your components cool and prolong your hardware lifespan etc. Easy to build as well etc.

PSU maybe a aurum gold psu? 8gb ram enough for now not enough can always add another 8gb stick to make it 16gb.

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Actually I not too into aesthetics la. As long as can use ok liao. I do think the F3 looks pretty decent though. It is really that bad?

I see afew shop brochure cant find that aurum brand leh.

Reasons I chose cheaper parts cuz I see some pros recommend to others before and initially I wanted to get 1070 but pricing not worth it so I bought 1080 and that made finance minister abit aggro.

pr0dygi

Reaction score
you are right. But in future hard to say

Actually for ram I bought the 2x8gb bundle la. But I making 2 comp so 1 comp each. When the time comes to 16gb ram sweet spot then I remove from one and put in the other lo.

undead102

Reaction score
Actually I not too into aesthetics la. As long as can use ok liao. I do think the F3 looks pretty decent though. It is really that bad?

I see afew shop brochure cant find that aurum brand leh.

Reasons I chose cheaper parts cuz I see some pros recommend to others before and initially I wanted to get 1070 but pricing not worth it so I bought 1080 and that made finance minister abit aggro.

Not saying the tecware t3 is bad just suggesting that if you can spare the extra cash is worth it to get a better chassis but if budget is tight then t3 should be fine I guess. Coz if can is worth to spend abit more on chassis because chassis can be reuse for a long long time when you upgrade your parts can reuse also. Then again if budget is a problem then i guess it should be fine. Usually tecware f3 is only recommended for tight budget builds where majority of the budget goes into parts then the left over budget have to skim on a cheap chassis.

Reason the t3 is recommended is because they have to keep it to a certain budget so they use the t3 then the most of the budget goes into the other expensive hardware parts.

Also your parts quite expensive and good but only the psu and chassis is a low budget one hence suggest you go with better ones to match your expensive parts but up to you la if you on tight budget stick your the t3 and hexa psu ba.

Last edited:

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Noted with thanks! I dont need them to be good, I just need them not to be bad. Anyway, will take a look on thursday when I go buy and assemble.

Reusability I think nt an issue. After X years I always donate my comp to children who needs it but cant afford. So super unlikely I will reuse.

Last edited:

FlipGor

Reaction score
Would recommend u get another PSU with better wattage and ratings as a gtx 1080 alone can hit 200++ W during intensive usage scenarios. Assuming you are gonna overclock your r5 1600, u will also hit 200+W in high load scenarios. Accounting for the rest of other misc parts like HDD or SSD, u might hit around 450w which would be abit too close for comfort as FSP Hexas arent exactly known for delivering clean power. In this case, i would recommend that you dont cut it so close and choose a better PSU instead.

Would recommend at least a Seasonic M12-II 620w or a Leadex superflower 650w silver

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Noted will change my PSU.

I saw a shop have this promo

Xigmatek Frontliner Casing + Xigmatek Tauro Gold 650w for $159. Good?

Last edited:

FlipGor

Reaction score
Noted will change my PSU.

I saw a shop have this promo

Xigmatek Frontliner Casing + Xigmatek Tauro Gold 650w for $159. Good?

Im not sure of xigmatek other than the fact that they are a german brand so i cant advise, sorry. Best if you try to find reviews online at reputable PSU reviews sites like jonnyguru. But based on the paper specs of the Tauro, it would seem like its a value buy

joshuaho

Reaction score

pr0dygi

Reaction score
I think i'll stick the Xigmatek combo unless anyone has bad reviews for it.

"Add $20 more can get this" is never-ending! Lol.

The PSU is decent from reviews i've read.

The case not so good. Reviews say it has good air flow but feels cheap.

See if the vendor allows me to change the case to another similiarly priced one or not ba. If cannot then LLST.

Thanks all for all the help.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Where did you read the reviews for the psu? I seriously cant find any non-user reviews

Last edited:

pr0dygi

Reaction score
I mainly went to check if xigmatek's psu had alot of complains, not necessarily only this model.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4759/xigmatek_tauro_700_watt_power_supply_review/index5.html
Review of Tauro 700w

Then saw some people recommending this psu to other people's build in hwz.

The distributor also seem prompt to replace faulty units.

So I figured shud be safe.

Do u hv bad exp with this psu?

Last edited:

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
I have no experience on their psu. Furthermore, not much reviews on them. so i really no comment on their psu

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.