[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 just set up my fibre.. but i cant to login to my ac88u setting page. under the page it stated 'Sign in with your ASUS router account'. Isn't it 'admin' for both?

if you have done the setup yourself, you would have known the credentials. by right, there is no default username and password because you are supposed to set it yourself during the quick internet setup phase.

check if your tech guy has indicated somewhere?

MicceL

Reaction score
if you have done the setup yourself, you would have known the credentials. by right, there is no default username and password because you are supposed to set it yourself during the quick internet setup phase.

check if your tech guy has indicated somewhere?

ya.. M1 techguy changed the password.. got it

MicceL

Reaction score
My ac88u signal cannot cover the 4rm bto house.. sad.. especially my middle room and mbr.. can i have another router for access point? Which router is good for it to be put in middle room?

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
My ac88u signal cannot cover the 4rm bto house.. sad.. especially my middle room and mbr.. can i have another router for access point? Which router is good for it to be put in middle room?

Why not just move router to the center of your flat. Just convert the nearest telephone port to rj45

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded to 3.0.0.4.382.15850 since last Fri afternoon, router has been rock solid stable so far.

My settings:

- Scheduled reboots to once a week on Sundays at 4am.
- Airtime fairness enabled.
- Group key rotation interval set to 0.
- TX bursting disabled.
- All AMPDU, MIMO and beamforming settings enabled.

5GHz band speed test results at random times throughout the day are 200+mbps with 5-6ms pings. I'm using an ASUS USB-AC56 wireless adapter bought from taobao. Probably can get faster speeds if I'm using a better adapter.

Hi firefly,
Where is the option to schedule reboot?
Thanks

mission08x

Reaction score
Latest one is solid.. no dropping of connection

but ive another problem... my 2.4ghz is missing. even restart router also no use..

any solution?

Recently I have same problem as well. Initial with 5GHz, now with 2.4GHz
ASUS probably knows the problem, but fail to resolve their hardware issue.

Firefly01

Reaction score
Is there a step by step guide on the ideal method of flashing the new firmware 3.0.0.4.382.15850?

Or just flash, reboot can already?

Generally, do not use the web control panel's firmware check and update function. Always download the new firmware onto your computer first, then manually upload it to your router to update.

Although some people recommend restoring to factory default before and after upgrading the firmware, even erasing the nvram as well, these are extra steps which may or may not have any effect. For me, since I do not have many customized settings to configure, I don't mind doing all these extra steps.

MicceL

Reaction score
I do have lan port in every bedrooms. Just that my ac88 is at the tv console.. thinking of having a access point in one of the room. Thinking to buy a dlink dap-1620.. is it good? Or a router is better?

Why not just move router to the center of your flat. Just convert the nearest telephone port to rj45

shlee76

Reaction score
I do have lan port in every bedrooms. Just that my ac88 is at the tv console.. thinking of having a access point in one of the room. Thinking to buy a dlink dap-1620.. is it good? Or a router is better?
dont buy wireless extender, better choice is mesh or power plug. i have dlink DAP1620 but it is not stable.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
dont buy wireless extender, better choice is mesh or power plug. i have dlink DAP1620 but it is not stable.

Alternatively, you can get a ap which is attached to the main router via lan cable. It will transmit wireless signal together with your router. You will also get the benefits of full speed. Some access points like the ac68p, or even the free singtel ac elite or acplus, and some other brands that sells ap can do the job.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score

Dont put at tv console. My flat is a new 4rm bto. I converted the port in shelter to lan. Placed the router on top of the shelter door. Just hang it there on the round plate with thin wire, dont worry it wont fall. Cat6 cable can pass through the vent opening to connect the cable to lan pt.. Need at least 5m cable. One router can provide goid signal to entire flat.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont put at tv console. My flat is a new 4rm bto. I converted the port in shelter to lan. Placed the router on top of the shelter door. Just hang it there on the round plate with thin wire, dont worry it wont fall. Cat6 cable can pass through the vent opening to connect the cable to lan pt.. Need at least 5m cable. One router can provide goid signal to entire flat.

I have read many people having problem for such bto flat. Nice to hear that your router can cover the whole unit. Your method sounds great.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
I have read many people having problem for such bto flat. Nice to hear that your router can cover the whole unit. Your method sounds great.

even this cheapo xiaomi router can cover entire flat.

244bbyt.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.