Any GrabHitch/RydeShare driver come in to share experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a friend told me she was GH-ed from bishan to airport ytd, some guy stack 4 ppl going airport roughly same time... Bishan/AMK/TPY to airport one pax $14, x4 $56... Easy money huh! My friend wasn't too pleased... Neither were there other GH pax
But what is wrong with that?
The driver never did anything wrong as the driver can stack given the system allow them to....

Want cheap want good, ask family members or friends ferry lo. It will be free even.

If your friend like to be heading to airport alone on a paid's trip, she should flag or call cab for herself.

unclebutcher

Reaction score
But what is wrong with that?
The driver never did anything wrong as the driver can stack given the system allow them to....

Want cheap want good, ask family members or friends ferry lo. It will be free even.

If your friend like to be heading to airport alone on a paid's trip, she should flag or call cab for herself.

Nothing wrong, just that the driver didn't inform about the stack and a 30 min trip turned into 1h plus. GH isn't that cheap btw, only about $6 cheaper than JG to airport. Just saying GH drivers like us have to ensure we tell pax. Otherwise more dulan, less riders, lose lose for everyone.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong, just that the driver didn't inform about the stack and a 30 min trip turned into 1h plus. GH isn't that cheap btw, only about $6 cheaper than JG to airport. Just saying GH drivers like us have to ensure we tell pax. Otherwise more dulan, less riders, lose lose for everyone.
I wonder will it be reasonable for rider to ask the driver if the driver is ferrying anyone else in the first place before agreeing?

And is it better or right for rider to state that they will not GH if there is more than 2 pax for the journey?

To me it is a Hitch, so if rider is fussy, should opt for other choices then sinceas mentioned it isnt as cheap as it should be.

danielkok

Reaction score

This is true. Without the surcharges, taking normal Uber/Grab is about 5 dollars more than GH to the airport from my home. So I just take Uber/Grab.

If need to go during surcharge timing then I set GH.

But being a guy, not easy to find match. Haiz.

dc10000

Reaction score
4 pax to airport is too much unless they are really nearby. this driver didnt ask, and it might cause the riders to be late for their flight.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh uh..

Shoulder to shoulder.

Dirt
a friend told me she was GH-ed from bishan to airport ytd, some guy stack 4 ppl going airport roughly same time... Bishan/AMK/TPY to airport one pax $14, x4 $56... Easy money huh! My friend wasn't too pleased... Neither were there other GH pax

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No inform means fail already.
Should Ji Tao ban Liao.
4 pax on the spot gan him lah. Still give chance for what. Fug him deep deep puik.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually to airport is quite difficult to get hitch one.. i always see people put up hitch to airport and until the start time of hitch still no get... stacking is a must if i wan accept someone to airport as it wont be on my way, most likely will be a detour maybe say i goong tampines... but stack 4 is too much.. stack max 3 ba...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually to airport is quite difficult to get hitch one.. i always see people put up hitch to airport and until the start time of hitch still no get... stacking is a must if i wan accept someone to airport as it wont be on my way, most likely will be a detour maybe say i goong tampines... but stack 4 is too much.. stack max 3 ba...
Just curious. If all 3 riders have luggages, how sia? Because I am traveling next month, for my references too.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

sunsetbay

Reaction score
I wonder will it be reasonable for rider to ask the driver if the driver is ferrying anyone else in the first place before agreeing?

And is it better or right for rider to state that they will not GH if there is more than 2 pax for the journey?

To me it is a Hitch, so if rider is fussy, should opt for other choices then sinceas mentioned it isnt as cheap as it should be.

the driver is supposed to inform the rider, not the other way round~ this is stated in the code of conduct for GH driver~ :vijayadmin:

https://www.grab.com/sg/driver/hitch/code-of-conduct/

"Drivers are required to inform the passenger in advance if there are other passengers sharing the ride. You are encouraged to confirm with your passenger the number of people expected, timing and location of the pick-up to prevent any miscommunication. Some passengers may not be comfortable with the idea and may choose to cancel the booking. We believe open communication is key to a great carpool experience."

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 pax to airport is too much unless they are really nearby. this driver didnt ask, and it might cause the riders to be late for their flight.

I think passengers also need to zi dong abit. If they cut it so tight don't expect the GH driver to speed for them. Or expect GH not to stack and cause some delay. These things happen with GH so if want peace of mind take a proper cab.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I think passengers also need to zi dong abit. If they cut it so tight don't expect the GH driver to speed for them. Or expect GH not to stack and cause some delay. These things happen with GH so if want peace of mind take a proper cab.
Well said n agreed 👍. Problem is some riders wan the car all by himself/herself, no stacking, giv no time buffer, late to cm down (princess/prince attitude) BCOS they paid a fare. Tat amt of $ is v big to them.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far all ok to share as long as ur stack is properly converse to rider no hiding. Only kena one cancel cos she got meeting in morning so hitch not recommended. Tml shall be my last day of morning stack, maybe next week promo end.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Grab just called me for opinion on OTG wor~ had told him that there was no pin and hitch got more requests~ also told them if got incentive then dun mind try out~ :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.