Reaction score
Eh those on smove

Why this week I got two cash king ah?

8 trips I alr got 70 from ck

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'Taxi stands for taxis only' rule will be reviewed regularly

We thank Mr Mohd Randy from the National Private Hire Vehicles Association for his letter (Open up taxi stands to private-hire vehicles: Sept 7).

Public taxi facilities, which include taxi stands, are provided primarily for passengers to street-hail in a safe and orderly manner.

The use of these facilities is currently restricted to taxis, as only they can provide street-hail services.

Private-hire cars, like private cars, can pick up and drop off passengers at private driveways of commercial buildings, public pick-up/drop-off facilities, or anywhere along roads where stopping is allowed.

We will review this restriction regularly, taking into account changing commuter preferences and safety.

Yeo Teck Guan
Group Director, Public Transport
Land Transport Authority

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/l...or-taxis-only-rule-will-be-reviewed-regularly

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow 4.7k a week

I think realistically the average nett income of grab uber Drivers should be 5k a month

It's actually very decent income considering fresh grads are getting 2-3k only

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Wow 4.7k a week

I think realistically the average nett income of grab uber Drivers should be 5k a month

It's actually very decent income considering fresh grads are getting 2-3k only

Fresh grabs will of course earn more as time goes by.
Im 44 and $15k income. Can a 44 UG drivers earn $15k now? Not even half. Lol

ProLogic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'Taxi stands for taxis only' rule will be reviewed regularly

We thank Mr Mohd Randy from the National Private Hire Vehicles Association for his letter (Open up taxi stands to private-hire vehicles: Sept 7).

Public taxi facilities, which include taxi stands, are provided primarily for passengers to street-hail in a safe and orderly manner.

The use of these facilities is currently restricted to taxis, as only they can provide street-hail services.

Private-hire cars, like private cars, can pick up and drop off passengers at private driveways of commercial buildings, public pick-up/drop-off facilities, or anywhere along roads where stopping is allowed.

We will review this restriction regularly, taking into account changing commuter preferences and safety.

Yeo Teck Guan
Group Director, Public Transport
Land Transport Authority

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/l...or-taxis-only-rule-will-be-reviewed-regularly

That ish Govt talk which ish telling chiu to tan gu gu wait long long..As they are perpetually reviewing things...lol

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
That ish Govt talk which ish telling chiu to tan gu gu wait long long..As they are perpetually reviewing things...lol

They are telling you.
Want to pick up at taxi stand, become taxi driver.
Want cheap rental, go drive UG

xbidamanx

Master Member
Reaction score
if use own car is more costly than rental, then how does car rental company earns when they rent car for us to do UG?

Those who uses own car, can I check with you guys does ACRA calculate your income based on (total earnings) minus (monthly instalments) ?

rental company wins on economies of scale. they can buy a car, cover commercial insurance and get servicing n maintenance at a cheaper unit cost than us individual.

having said that, I do still think use own car is slightly cheaper than rental (in $$ terms). Just not as cheap as most think, cos most didn't fully consider:
- servicing costs,
- financing costs,
- opportunity cost/time value of money that u throw on a car purchase,
- difficulty of selling an old U/G car on open market (hard to find buyer to pay good price for a high mileage, thrashed UG car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.