Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecslipe

Reaction score
How to go Aeon Mall Bandar Dato’ Onn?
Take cab how much?

Where can rent van? To go one area lol. I going with group of 9

Use promo code "aeonmallbdo" for grab rm8 off 2 rides to/from aeon bandar dato onn.

Source: http://goodyfeed.com/today-7-sept-2017-new-jb-mall-opened-aeon-mall-bandar-dato-onn-heres-know/

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parents like the original flavor. Not much difference from cheese imo. Just that the trip home is long and will somehow lose its flavor when reached sg.

Will only try hiap Joo when there's car.. lol..

For the hiap joo banana cake, is there a certain timing to buy?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
take bus to Jusco Bukit Indah safe a nt? heard many pick pocket outside.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh are these 2 pick up points at Komtar to take Grab/Uber?

Or is it same point, just different angle?

grab-rtaxi-stand-on-the.jpg

IMG_4013-grab-jb-11.jpg

bbmars1128

Reaction score
I was at the new Aeon mall at Dato Onn yesterday. Yes, the theme is somewhat similar to Tebrau Aeon... but teddy bear theme.

My opinion, walking around the mall, found new brands that are not found in Tebrau branch. Went into Supermarket..... Seems upmarket.... like KL style but I am better than Midvalley Aeon. Atas food court.... kind of thing.

Guess what? I bought nothing from the supermarket. The price seems to be more costly than the Tebrau branch.. I am not sure whether the price has gone up for all branches or it is just that branch alone. More like SG price. Even discount and promotion isn't that interesting.

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt... very disappointed with the service too. Staff don't understand English. So we can understand.. we ordered 4 cakes, 4 drinks and chicken cornice.

After sometime:
1. staff came back told us one the cake not available, ask to change fruit type.

2. Staff came back again, told use one of the drinks not available, change to Green tea, think he didn't understood. Came back again to confirm

3. 3 cakes were delivered, waiting for the last one which we change to fruit type

4. Finally came but it was what we requested for initially... instead of the fruit type.

5. waited very long, check for chicken cornice, same staff went to ask supervisor, sup said check pc. Then I found out from pc not ordered. This was the 1st item staff wrote on his order paper. I saw him writing it down. I asked to cancel due to timing.

6. Found out that one drink didn't arrived. When to check again only to be told by sup that not on my order list.

Asked to cancel whatever left and left, pay and left for Econ Save at Taman Daya for grocery shopping. Friend drove to the opposite side and park the car. We had dinner eating pasar malam stuff (opposite Macdonald which is next to Econ Save).

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was at the new Aeon mall at Dato Onn yesterday. Yes, the theme is somewhat similar to Tebrau Aeon... but teddy bear theme.

My opinion, walking around the mall, found new brands that are not found in Tebrau branch. Went into Supermarket..... Seems upmarket.... like KL style but I am better than Midvalley Aeon. Atas food court.... kind of thing.

Guess what? I bought nothing from the supermarket. The price seems to be more costly than the Tebrau branch.. I am not sure whether the price has gone up for all branches or it is just that branch alone. More like SG price. Even discount and promotion isn't that interesting.

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt... very disappointed with the service too. Staff don't understand English. So we can understand.. we ordered 4 cakes, 4 drinks and chicken cornice.

After sometime:
1. staff came back told us one the cake not available, ask to change fruit type.

2. Staff came back again, told use one of the drinks not available, change to Green tea, think he didn't understood. Came back again to confirm

3. 3 cakes were delivered, waiting for the last one which we change to fruit type

4. Finally came but it was what we requested for initially... instead of the fruit type.

5. waited very long, check for chicken cornice, same staff went to ask supervisor, sup said check pc. Then I found out from pc not ordered. This was the 1st item staff wrote on his order paper. I saw him writing it down. I asked to cancel due to timing.

6. Found out that one drink didn't arrived. When to check again only to be told by sup that not on my order list.

Asked to cancel whatever left and left, pay and left for Econ Save at Taman Daya for grocery shopping. Friend drove to the opposite side and park the car. We had dinner eating pasar malam stuff (opposite Macdonald which is next to Econ Save).
Secret Recipe never good to start with. Not sure why so many Sinkies feel they are some elite or tasty brand.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt...

I've had similar experience with the City Square branch one weekday afternoon. Only a few tables had customers and yet they didn't seem to know what to do/serve. This, despite us speaking partially in Malay too. :s22:

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've had similar experience with the City Square branch one weekday afternoon. Only a few tables had customers and yet they didn't seem to know what to do/serve. This, despite us speaking partially in Malay too. :s22:

The young Malaysians' English is very chialat! Even the Chinese ones.

danielkok

Reaction score
The young Malaysians' English is very chialat! Even the Chinese ones.

Kampung mentality. If you speak English, they will say "wah, very lanxi (haolian). speak English so good. Why dun want to speak Mandarin/Malay ah?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.