The Hair Thread - Part 5

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How abt futerer?

Furterer is indeed expensive. Watsons is selling the Fortica Shampoo set at 200+. But i believe tons of money are spent on their R&D. But if its only for preventive purposes (ie to pre-empt), I wouldnt recommend it unless one got the spare cash.

Horiv3

Master Member
Reaction score
DFi27JB.jpg

This kind of hairstyle is use what product to style, anyone knows?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This kind of hairstyle does not require hold primarily but texture. Hence, it also explains why it always will be accompanied with coloured hair and not black hair. With coloured hair, its easier to bring out the texture of the hair which is the crux for styling such hairstyle.

Many options to consider: wax or texturizing cream. Basically, those that comes with low to moderate hold, slight shine and often in the form of soft/creamy texture. Clay will also work but less ideal.

Horiv3

Master Member
Reaction score
This kind of hairstyle does not require hold primarily but texture. Hence, it also explains why it always will be accompanied with coloured hair and not black hair. With coloured hair, its easier to bring out the texture of the hair which is the crux for styling such hairstyle.

Many options to consider: wax or texturizing cream. Basically, those that comes with low to moderate hold, slight shine and often in the form of soft/creamy texture. Clay will also work but less ideal.

You mean like the Syoss soft wax?
Im currently using vintachi, not sure if suitable?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean like the Syoss soft wax?
Im currently using vintachi, not sure if suitable?

Syoss is wax but the hold is relatively stronger. Also, it hardens after application so i wouldnt say that its ideal. Vantachi clay is a form of soft clay that is matte (ie no slight shine).

At the end of the day, hair grooming products are used to complement the hairstyle, in terms of creating the body and providing the texture. The above are nonetheless possible to be used, but wouldnt be the most ideal IMO. Some better options are k clay (medium hold, slight shine) or vifa clay (high hold, slight shine).

nichsong

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've last posted.. But recently bought a product from one of the local brands who homebrew their hair products. It's a clay product. And honestly found to be really good. Lightweight, tacky dry hold and can last in our weather. Using it interchangeably with my Morris TSB. Am gonna refrain from mentioning the brand and product here due to controversy from before. Anyone who wants to know can PM me ba.

Anyways been on the lookout for daily shampoos that clean the hair yet doesn't dry it out too much. So far the best I've used is mister pomp peppermint shampoo. A close second is label men purifying shampoo, which I got off lookfantastic sg. Please do request for them to seal cap before postage tho.. Kena spillage two times liao. If only mister pomp offered their shampoo in a larger bottle and priced it reasonably - prolly wouldn't have to look elsewhere. But anyone got any recommendations?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

J0ANN3

Reaction score
Hi,

Stocks available - Uevo Design Cube Dry Wax (Grey).
Do check out out on Carousell and Shopee - shop name is wedress2kill if you are interested.
Self collection available at Raffles Place and Woodlands
Normal postage and Smartpac options available too.

Last edited:

foushi95

Reaction score
Any prestyler recommendation that give good hold and can be restyle?
I've tried SSS spray, nice volume but it doesn't hold very well through the day.

Tried mousse, same as SSS.
I've also tried mister pompadour sculting clay, it give me the best result but i'm looking to other alternative

djoker

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've last posted.. But recently bought a product from one of the local brands who homebrew their hair products. It's a clay product. And honestly found to be really good. Lightweight, tacky dry hold and can last in our weather. Using it interchangeably with my Morris TSB. Am gonna refrain from mentioning the brand and product here due to controversy from before. Anyone who wants to know can PM me ba.

Anyways been on the lookout for daily shampoos that clean the hair yet doesn't dry it out too much. So far the best I've used is mister pomp peppermint shampoo. A close second is label men purifying shampoo, which I got off lookfantastic sg. Please do request for them to seal cap before postage tho.. Kena spillage two times liao. If only mister pomp offered their shampoo in a larger bottle and priced it reasonably - prolly wouldn't have to look elsewhere. But anyone got any recommendations?

Hmm i tried mr pomp shampoo and quite liked it. but my issue is that it contains SLS and ALS. so i am using one now bought from beauty language that is SLS and paraben free.

Am I being too particular about the presence of SLS in shampoos? does the presence of SLS really harm your hair? shampoo experts care to share your views? Cheers!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried SSS spray, nice volume but it doesn't hold very well through the day.

I've also tried mister pompadour sculting clay, it give me the best result but i'm looking to other alternative

u use sss only and expect it to last the day or u use it as a prestyler before your wax?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can consider giving Tai Hair Green Tea shampoo a try. The effects are really similar to peppermint/menthol shampoo, that gives the scalp a cool and refreshing feel. This is especially helpful after a day of work. Although it is 93% organic, it is not difficult to lather (usually organic products are harder to lather). The problem that I have with deep cleansers is that it dries out my hair too much. On the other hand, moisturizing shampoos can inevitably add weight to the hair and makes the styling process difficult. This, I got to say that Tai Hair Green Tea Shampoo strikes a good balance between both ends.

Just my 2cents, as I experienced great results with it so give it a try some day. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goblin hairstyle how to style anyone know

It's more of the perm to get the shape right, than the products. If the shape and waviness is right, any decent product will set you onto the right path.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Typically, SSS is capable of providing hold for the hair up to 8 hours. And SSS does not fixtate the hair so restyling is definitely possible. All it does is to provide lift to the hair roots, and create a base structure to volumize the hair. If you find that the volume is dropping throughout the day, just a couple of scrunches to the hair will rebuild the desired volume again.

Mousse is typically lightweight as SSS too, but generally heavier. Although it volumizes too, it does more benefits for people with curls, especially ladies. It helps to enhances the curls at the hair ends and adds shine to the hair, as it consists ingredients of nourishing conditioners.

Other alternatives can be hair powder, but personally I find SSS and mousse more helpful and user friendly over hair powder.

napsterz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's more of the perm to get the shape right, than the products. If the shape and waviness is right, any decent product will set you onto the right path.
Perm Liao so what product is best for that kind of look. I see the goblin hair like not much hold cos wind blow the hair still can move but if I don't put too much hold my hair whole strand stand up when wind blow

Fizzable

Reaction score
hm im no shampoo expert but ive done a fair bit of research on shampoo (damn lifeless sia) so apparently sulfates harm your hair in a sense it deeply cleanses your hair, removing its natural oils and make it feel somewhat strawlike, but it is the most effective ingredient in completely cleansing your hair, which is exactly why it is the main ingredient in deep cleansing shampoos.

Hmm i tried mr pomp shampoo and quite liked it. but my issue is that it contains SLS and ALS. so i am using one now bought from beauty language that is SLS and paraben free.

Am I being too particular about the presence of SLS in shampoos? does the presence of SLS really harm your hair? shampoo experts care to share your views? Cheers!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.