UPS Overcharged Admin Fee

Beastosterone

Reaction score
Hi All, I bought a Korean TV from a qoo10 seller and paid about $400+ after all the coupon discount. This seller declared the item price to be $630+ hence I have to pay UPS $10 disbursement fee and $45.46 GST.

TV was faulty when I received the goods hence I requested for a refund and was accepted by the seller. As it was less than 7 day since I've received it, I used Qoo10 Qexpress service to send back the item at no cost.

However, UPS told me that they need to charge me "$60" administrative fee before they can proceed to the GST refund.... I've checked with Singapore custom and was told that the administrative process is very simple so I don't see the reason why the admin fee is so expensive. It summed up to be even more costly than the disbursement + GST I've paid...

Is there anything I can do to reclaim my loss?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Wow. Never experienced this before. I've bought S$900+ monitor from Korea before and was delivered by Ninja Van. Didn't have to pay a single cent if GST...

I would suggest contacting UPS since Qoo10 or Korean seller has nothing to do with delivery... however it was shitty for the seller to put value of $630.. maybe you can dispute with the Qoo10 receipt for custom to refund GST but that is highly unlikely...

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

pwongkk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I bought a Korean TV from a qoo10 seller and paid about $400+ after all the coupon discount. This seller declared the item price to be $630+ hence I have to pay UPS $10 disbursement fee and $45.46 GST.

TV was faulty when I received the goods hence I requested for a refund and was accepted by the seller. As it was less than 7 day since I've received it, I used Qoo10 Qexpress service to send back the item at no cost.

However, UPS told me that they need to charge me "$60" administrative fee before they can proceed to the GST refund.... I've checked with Singapore custom and was told that the administrative process is very simple so I don't see the reason why the admin fee is so expensive. It summed up to be even more costly than the disbursement + GST I've paid...

Is there anything I can do to reclaim my loss?

In summary, these companies are finding ways to increase revenue. As you mentioned it is a simple job, but the companies will tell you it is their service charge.

Nothing much you can do since they have all the declaration forms on the GST paid. In this case, you are paying $60 to get back $45. Not worth it.

Beastosterone

Reaction score
Agree with the math. Who will pay $60 to get back $45 in return... the package i received is in poor condition yet they still charge me high admin fee, simply marvellous ~

In summary, these companies are finding ways to increase revenue. As you mentioned it is a simple job, but the companies will tell you it is their service charge.

Nothing much you can do since they have all the declaration forms on the GST paid. In this case, you are paying $60 to get back $45. Not worth it.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried. Korean seller cant do anything. It's weird why consumer cant refund directly with custom. Giving chance to big coy like UPS to cheat consumer $

gov agency dont claim from consumers. hard to keep track. easier for companies to provide them a list and claim on behalf of consumers. its the same with other shipping companies

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since goods were faulty, can ask seller to delmclare item as warranty item when sending back to you? In this case, u may not hit 2nd gst.

Beastosterone

Reaction score
I am not intending to take the risk to receive another faulty TV so I've requested for a refund, and sent back the TV via Qexpress. However, it've been nearly 2months and I'm still struggling because UPS insisted me to pay $60 for the "Admin Fee".

Previously I've paid them $39.90 as shipping fee. From their stand, they are reluctant to reduce or waive the fee off. The TV is spoil, shouldn't they at least be kind enough to let me get some of the $ back instead of jacking up the admin fee? Moreover, there's no info of these "Admin fee" on their website.

Will complaining to CASE help?

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Will complaining to CASE help?

May or may not. But please be aware there's also more fees if you want them to contact UPS on your behalf.

DVd25NR.png

https://www.case.org.sg/complaint_lodgeacomplaint.aspx

Phelan

Master Member
Reaction score
The problem is that when people ask the seller about GST before a purchase, they will say they will declare as the amount that was paid. However, when the sales is done and the buyer asks the seller, the seller will say that they declare based on amount before discount.

This is a practice that needs to stop. qoo10 refuses to do anything about other than give the excuse that you need to be charged GST for anything above $400. They are simply ignoring the fact that their seller is lying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.