Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes if you go into the ubtv app and all the channels dont load, its not that the app is down but merely a case that you have lost connection to the ub servers. Rebooting the box or going into options and on/off your wifi or ethernet connection will fix it. Dont think there has been any major outage for the livetv app recently but occasionally during evenings some of the hk and tw channels cant load.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My ubox remote spoilt liaoo

Is that means my my andriod box is as good as gg?

condsin

Reaction score
Just to double check, are these live TV apps exclusive for their respective TV boxes or can go elsewhere download or pay+subscribe etc? Still quite confused :o

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to double check, are these live TV apps exclusive for their respective TV boxes or can go elsewhere download or pay+subscribe etc? Still quite confused :o

You guess.....if can just anyhow download and install to use on any other box, then whats the selling point and justification for paying close to $200 for a ubox?

condsin

Reaction score
You guess.....if can just anyhow download and install to use on any other box, then whats the selling point and justification for paying close to $200 for a ubox?

Thanks, this confirms it. Now just need to decide between UBox or EvePad.

I had to ask though cos I am hearing some people suggesting to get any Android TV box and then download some kind of app, not sure what they exactly referring to or even if they are correct in the first place or not

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this confirms it. Now just need to decide between UBox or EvePad.

I had to ask though cos I am hearing some people suggesting to get any Android TV box and then download some kind of app, not sure what they exactly referring to or even if they are correct in the first place or not

Dont have to rack your brains because its not rocket science. There are free to use apps which you can download and install onto any tv box, and then there are proprietary apps which only works on respective boxes like evpad or ub. Free to use apps tends not to last too long. Which is why things like ubox or premium iptv subscription gain popularity nowadays. The cheapest option would be to get any tv box and go look for those free to use apps. Next cheapest would be get any tv box and pay for premium iptv subscription, but for this the cost would add up in long run. Next would be to get iptv bundled into a box like ub or evpad. You pay a huge lump sum upfront, but its worth it if the box can last you for a couple of years. Last option which would provide the best quality and stability but costs the most, is to subscribe to the traffic lights cable operators.

condsin

Reaction score
Dont have to rack your brains because its not rocket science. There are free to use apps which you can download and install onto any tv box, and then there are proprietary apps which only works on respective boxes like evpad or ub. Free to use apps tends not to last too long. Which is why things like ubox or premium iptv subscription gain popularity nowadays. The cheapest option would be to get any tv box and go look for those free to use apps. Next cheapest would be get any tv box and pay for premium iptv subscription, but for this the cost would add up in long run. Next would be to get iptv bundled into a box like ub or evpad. You pay a huge lump sum upfront, but its worth it if the box can last you for a couple of years. Last option which would provide the best quality and stability but costs the most, is to subscribe to the traffic lights cable operators.

Thanks for the summary, this helps a lot :s12:

Now deciding on Evpad or UBox, SLS's 03-65 got both boxes to demo right?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apparently an official unblock service center has been set up, located at SLS. They are currently running a trade in program for old ubox models when you purchase the ubox 4 from their qoo10 link. The trade-in prices are low but good for those have a faulty ubox lying around and want to change to a ubox 4.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/552023418

6o92dex.jpg

8CrpSL4.jpg

topaz

Reaction score
Apparently an official unblock service center has been set up, located at SLS. They are currently running a trade in program for old ubox models when you purchase the ubox 4 from their qoo10 link. The trade-in prices are low but good for those have a faulty ubox lying around and want to change to a ubox 4.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/552023418

6o92dex.jpg

8CrpSL4.jpg

So the Clementi Mall shop (3pm.sg) is authorised dist or this shop?
Or different thing? One is shop selling and one is service center? Or they are all same boss? Hahahaha

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTF, my UB 1 can only trade in $10.

And it will still cost $178.
What's the current price outside.

My bing of death UB box accepted or not.

krusher

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a old UBOX Gen 2, did a reset. Am trying to install kodi but after opening .apk file, it says there was a problem parsing the package. Under security I already allowed installation from unknown sources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a old UBOX Gen 2, did a reset. Am trying to install kodi but after opening .apk file, it says there was a problem parsing the package. Under security I already allowed installation from unknown sources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kodi 17 cant be installed on your gen 2 box becuz the android version is too old. Either you install older versions of kodi or look for forks based on kodi 17 that can work on android 4.xxx and below.

krusher

Reaction score
Just realised this after googling some more. Okie doks thanks for the quick reply! Could you point me in a reliable fork? or would you recommend just downloading jarvis?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realised this after googling some more. Okie doks thanks for the quick reply! Could you point me in a reliable fork? or would you recommend just downloading jarvis?

Google kodi 17 forks for android 4.4 or something along that line......there are a bunch of choices so you try them out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.