ITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartfafa

Reaction score
Im enrolling to ITE next year. Straight 'A's except mother tongue and will be joining 5 CCA's because I can cope and have lots of free time. Is it worth it?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Your CCA timing may crash with other CCA.

2) Having lot of CCA will not help you get into Higher Nitec or Polytechnic Diploma courses if you have poor GPA for your Nitec.

3) Better focus on your ITE education & chose 1 CCA that you like most or can score most CCA points like leadership position.

Im enrolling to ITE next year. Straight 'A's except mother tongue and will be joining 5 CCA's because I can cope and have lots of free time. Is it worth it?

Bartfafa

Reaction score
1) Your CCA timing may crash with other CCA.

2) Having lot of CCA will not help you get into Higher Nitec or Polytechnic Diploma courses if you have poor GPA for your Nitec.

3) Better focus on your ITE education & chose 1 CCA that you like most or can score most CCA points like leadership position.

1) The CCA i checked does not clash.

2) I literally said im good at studies.

3) Those are the CCAs I like. Im versatile

but thanks for the precautions

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What course you are taking & what are the 5 CCAs?

1) The CCA i checked does not clash.

2) I literally said im good at studies.

3) Those are the CCAs I like. Im versatile

but thanks for the precautions

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While your other course peers are having their school holiday, nursing student are going for your clinical placement. So you have a shorter school holiday near to end of semester.

Nursing Course

Netball
Kendo
Red Cross Youth
BodyBuilding
Jazz Orchestra

Bartfafa

Reaction score
Are you coming from secondary school? If so, why choose ite if your results are good

I personally have not heard of anyone joining 5 CCAs :s13: :s13:

Oh please ever heard of Normal Technical? obviously you did right?. Normal Technical oso can easily get A's -.-

Last edited:

WalkWithWind

Reaction score

Doing well for your N level doesn't means that u can do well in Poly/ITE. In Poly/ITE, we don't just learn from textbook but we also need to learn hands on skills. Furthermore, you are studying nursing so your course will focus more on hands on skills rather than learning from textbook.

In secondary school, you only have to do well for your finals (N level/O level). In Poly/ITE, you have a lot more than that. For e.g, group projects/Practical/assignment/quiz. The key is that you need to be able to plan your time well.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How you know you have time where you not even start study ite???

Idme231

Reaction score
TS so on uh?? 5 CCA at one go.
me study at college west got one or two CCA last time only
dont dare take up so much and only a few bonus for GPA
bonus also not for GPA to poly just fyi iirc

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
How you know you have time where you not even start study ite???

depend on TS's course, but he/she enter ITE Nitec Year 1 not so xiong, Year 2 need to work harder to proceed to higher level for his career advancement.

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since semester 1, TS needs to chiong for GPA to enter higher education. No point to chiong on Year 2 when he screw up his GPA during Year 1.

depend on TS's course, but he enter ITE Nitec Year 1 not so xiong, Year 2 need to work harder to proceed to higher level for his career advancement.

Idme231

Reaction score
Since semester 1, TS needs to chiong for GPA to enter higher education. No point to chiong on Year 2 when he screw up his GPA during Year 1.

Yea, but neither do i mean that he can slack lo, i also experience it as i have been thru nitec before.

as far as updated, min GPA 2.3 and above to enter higher Nitec or GPA 3.5 to poly.. just for TS information

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Higher Nitec course, Nitec graduates are competing with NA GCE N & GCE O graduates.

For Polytechnic Diploma course, Nitec graduates are competing with Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP), Higher Nitec & GCE O graduates.

Some time having the minimum GPA 2.3 and above to apply for Higher Nitec course or GPA 3.5 to apply for Polytechnic Diploma may not be good enough.

Yea, but neither do i mean that he can slack lo, i also experience it as i have been thru nitec before.

as far as updated, min GPA 2.3 and above to enter higher Nitec or GPA 3.5 to poly.. just for TS information

Idme231

Reaction score
For Higher Nitec course, Nitec graduates are competing with NA GCE N & GCE O graduates.

For Polytechnic Diploma course, Nitec graduates are competing with Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP), Higher Nitec & GCE O graduates.

Some time having the minimum GPA 2.3 and above to apply for Higher Nitec course or GPA 3.5 to apply for Polytechnic Diploma may not be good enough.

yep.. especially for polytechnics... score for each school is different...

perfectlight

Reaction score
ITE is just playground, u must understand. lepak a lot. poly like sp very big different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.