Wireless IP Camera thread

idealist04

Reaction score
Looking for assistance on wireless cctv cameras

hello everyone,

completely new to this forum, looking for some advice.
i am trying to purchase four to five cctv cameras to put up in my home.
i am not looking for something too professional - something to get the job done.

i saw on qoo10 - vstar or xiaomi brands going at $40++

anyone has any experience with such cameras?

skintigh

Reaction score
Ordered 2 pcs PT528V from Sineoji Online Store on Thursday to be delivered on Saturday. Called up Dean to confirm appointment date and time and was promised delivery and installation on Saturday before 1 pm. Quite pleased with the prompt reply from Dean.
Dean was punctual on the appointed time and did a very comprehensive explanation on the configurations and features of the cameras.
Good job, Dean !

:s12::s12:

Ordered 1 piece of PT713V from sineoji web store too. Installation, setup and positioning of the camera where it is mounted has been done by Dean too during the weekend.

N707JT

Reaction score
Any one who installed the Sineoji camera by Dean, to check he will run Ethernet/power cable right? If I am having my new unit renovated, better idea to get it concealed hor?

fabian79

Reaction score
recently i replaced my netgear router to google wifi and both my sineoji camera failed to connect to the wireless...
anyone else have issue connecting the cameras to mesh wifi?

vvaness40

Reaction score
Any one who installed the Sineoji camera by Dean, to check he will run Ethernet/power cable right? If I am having my new unit renovated, better idea to get it concealed hor?

He will run a conceal trunking for the power wires. You don't need ethernet as it is on WiFi. But if your house is undergoing a renovation, best if you have the wall sockets installed on the desired location for the cameras so that no trunking is necessary

vvaness40

Reaction score
recently i replaced my netgear router to google wifi and both my sineoji camera failed to connect to the wireless...
anyone else have issue connecting the cameras to mesh wifi?

Is your 2.4 band and 5g band share the same ssid ? If yes, you will need to segregate them first. After doing that, then turn off your mesh. Have the Sineoji camera connected to your main router.

After this is done, you can turn on the mesh. It works for me.

Soul77

Reaction score
Anyone bought those $30-40 wifi camera from china before?

Nowadays I see those p2p technology. Does it means I don't need to setup port forwarding, dns, etc and I can see the camera feed even from outside internet (not the same wifi with the camera)?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone bought those $30-40 wifi camera from china before?

Nowadays I see those p2p technology. Does it means I don't need to setup port forwarding, dns, etc and I can see the camera feed even from outside internet (not the same wifi with the camera)?

yes.

P2P is very insecure, however

Soul77

Reaction score
yes.

P2P is very insecure, however

understand the security thing. If I can see, then camera mafucaturer and many other ppl can potentially see as well.

Does this p2p works over 2 3G connections? Ie: if the wifi camera is connected through 3g phone with wifi sharing / using 3g wifi standalone, and the client also connected through 3G not on the same network?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
P2P is not necessary insecure. It depends on individual vendors. Xiaomi ip cameras are cheap and easy to use and deploy. Alot of shops are selling these nowsaday.

It is not hard to setup and no necessary need to mount also.

Alternatively, wanscam which is a china product is also very good. And it has been an OEM for a well known brand here, very cheap to buy from taobao also.

Last edited:

webdesignco_mac

Reaction score
I just bought these cameras on Challenger Superstore less than 2 weeks ago.

Cheaper version PT528V is clear in infrared mode at night.

More expensive PT713V is so blur infrared mode at night.

Both camera I did not adjust any setting especially on the brightest, contrast etc.

Anyone can advise where to adjust and provide the right setting on PT713V so that it will be able to view clear as PT528V.

https://i.imgur.com/9DeGr5U.png

goodwin

Reaction score
I just bought these cameras on Challenger Superstore less than 2 weeks ago.

Cheaper version PT528V is clear in infrared mode at night.

More expensive PT713V is so blur infrared mode at night.

Both camera I did not adjust any setting especially on the brightest, contrast etc.

Anyone can advise where to adjust and provide the right setting on PT713V so that it will be able to view clear as PT528V.

https://i.imgur.com/9DeGr5U.png

The reason why you are getting the blur image on night vision is due to the infra red lights being obstructed when you pan the camera way down , thus focusing on the reflective surface of the cam due to the wide angle.

If you wish to pan all the way down, it will be ideal for you to mount the camera inverted with the bracket provided so that the infra red is not obstructed.

A simple method, try pan your camera upwards at night without blocking the infra red and you will see the image is not blur.

webdesignco_mac

Reaction score
Just to say thank you, you are right. camera still on top TV is too down is good during the day, but night it will bad as infrared light will not kick in.

When I pan up a bit, the infrared light kick it, meaning you can't pan too down if you on TV console. I will need to shift to a high ground.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.