Huawei P10 | P10 Plus

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt it will be an issue for most, long ago phones are never waterproof and I at least nvr had any problem with it.

thanks. that's good to know. I've been using waterproof phones for ages (sony) so i'm a bit hesitant about getting this non-waterproof one. never know when it's going to get wet!

but I read further that p10+ is splash resistant. so I guess it should be able to survive some rain, perhaps?

seems like not very popular this phone, although it has an awesome camera specs and supposedly good build and battery life. any feedback from users who've used it for a while (months)?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. that's good to know. I've been using waterproof phones for ages (sony) so i'm a bit hesitant about getting this non-waterproof one. never know when it's going to get wet!

but I read further that p10+ is splash resistant. so I guess it should be able to survive some rain, perhaps?

seems like not very popular this phone, although it has an awesome camera specs and supposedly good build and battery life. any feedback from users who've used it for a while (months)?
u always need to use phone in the rain?

Sent from OP 4+1 = 5 using GAGT

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. but it takes just one rain to spoil the phone (if it's not resistant enough). no? do you just heck care the rain and let the phone get wet if you know the phone is not water resistant? no right...

who will talk on phone in the rain :s13:

anyway i always use water to wipe clean my p10+

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who will talk on phone in the rain :s13:

anyway i always use water to wipe clean my p10+

I never said at all that I use the phone in the rain... I think you guys should read carefully first before responding.

I'm just concerned whether the phone can survive a rain, say when you're caught out in the open with the phone in your pocket or bag, and it's drenched.

I surely do not want to pay big bucks to get a phone that will be damaged if it's wet (say when it's drenched by rain). or I will need to think about how to best protect it (say with a good casing that seals off the obvious holes).

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never said at all that I use the phone in the rain... I think you guys should read carefully first before responding.

I'm just concerned whether the phone can survive a rain, say when you're caught out in the open with the phone in your pocket or bag, and it's drenched.

I surely do not want to pay big bucks to get a phone that will be damaged if it's wet (say when it's drenched by rain). or I will need to think about how to best protect it (say with a good casing that seals off the obvious holes).

with your current phone...did you happen to make it soak wet? if no...then no need to worry...

else maybe invest in a water resistant back pack or sling bag would better protect all your gadget if you happen to need to walk in the rain..or maybe carry an umbrella in bag to prevent this situation? :vijayadmin:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with your current phone...did you happen to make it soak wet? if no...then no need to worry...

else maybe invest in a water resistant back pack or sling bag would better protect all your gadget if you happen to need to walk in the rain..or maybe carry an umbrella in bag to prevent this situation? :vijayadmin:

if I need to wash my phone (say after I am at the sandy beach), I could do it with my current phone (Xperia z5).

the last thing one needs to worry about when caught in the rain or unexpected wet situations (say, being pushed into a pool of water) is whether the phone is damaged. to invest in a water resistant bag just to protect the non-water resistant phone, that is so last century.

I may as well go for other flagship phones and save me the hassle of 'remember to keep my phone in a waterproof bag'.

but from what I read from reviews, this phone can survive anything less than being submerged in water. so I guess it'll survive some rain. that's all I need to know (and what I was asking). a simple question, does not need very defensive responses about how the user uses the phone.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I need to wash my phone (say after I am at the sandy beach), I could do it with my current phone (Xperia z5).

the last thing one needs to worry about when caught in the rain or unexpected wet situations (say, being pushed into a pool of water) is whether the phone is damaged. to invest in a water resistant bag just to protect the non-water resistant phone, that is so last century.

I may as well go for other flagship phones and save me the hassle of 'remember to keep my phone in a waterproof bag'.

but from what I read from reviews, this phone can survive anything less than being submerged in water. so I guess it'll survive some rain. that's all I need to know (and what I was asking). a simple question, does not need very defensive responses about how the user uses the phone.

haha...bro..how many times you being push into a pool of water?.. for the sand issue...maybe it's better to just use microfiber clothes and dust away all the sand and blow it with hair dryer...

if you really need rugged phone with IP68 rating...maybe still sony or LG G6 more suit you :D

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score

Generally i think it do well under normal usage. Light rain should be ok, even some splashing of water is ok. But if you see the need to sometimes wash your phone or if your daily routine includes the possibility of wetting your phone regularly then its better to get waterproof certified, at least spoil also can go bang table.

Strangemushroom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
App still randoming closing.:(
And playstore downloading like got issue too. Huawei really cannot make it.

No more China product for me

Hi,

I faced the same issue. Did some googling and found that the issue is with the power optimization option. So I off power optimization option for the games that shut down randomly. So far no more auto shut down issue for the past week already.:)

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jump back to android ytd..

Hooted the blue p10 plus..

Initially was waiting for ipx but after the price was made known, did some calculation/estimation and figure out i still have to pay like $1k after doing a recon on $42 plan and trading in the ip6+ 16gb for $250..Not gonna spend that much for the phone.

Wife change from Mate 7 to P10 Plus 1-2 months back, tested the device and find it pretty good..

yAGkfhEh.jpg

shager

Master Member
Reaction score

I've used this for couple of months. Once when it was launched I bought a black P10 Plus, then sold it. Recently bought the green P10 Plus again as I missed the Leica type pictures.

I've used it in the rain etc with no issues. The phone is built to take normal rain splashes etc. As long as you don't dunk it in water etc, it's fine. I also used the XZ Premium which is great but the P10 Plus feels so much better in the hand. And it takes better pictures. :)

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Initially was waiting for ipx but after the price was made known, did some calculation/estimation and figure out i still have to pay like $1k after doing a recon on $42 plan and trading in the ip6+ 16gb for $250..Not gonna spend that much for the phone.

Wife change from Mate 7 to P10 Plus 1-2 months back, tested the device and find it pretty good..

yAGkfhEh.jpg

Same phone as ur wife... so sweet... for underwear, do u oso wear Triumph? Lol just kidding...

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've used this for couple of months. Once when it was launched I bought a black P10 Plus, then sold it. Recently bought the green P10 Plus again as I missed the Leica type pictures.

I've used it in the rain etc with no issues. The phone is built to take normal rain splashes etc. As long as you don't dunk it in water etc, it's fine. I also used the XZ Premium which is great but the P10 Plus feels so much better in the hand. And it takes better pictures. :)

Thanks for the helpful review. Yes I definitely am not happy with Xperia's photo quality, despite it being a Sony. So much so that I am contemplating leaving Sony for good after so many years.

I will be taking the risk of getting the P10+ despite it not being IP68 once Singtel stocks up the dazzling blue colour. Am recontracting next month :) hope this phone won't disappoint!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same phone as ur wife... so sweet... for underwear, do u oso wear Triumph? Lol just kidding...

I wear hers... :s13:

Jokes aside, i'm impress that her phone is still smooth like day 1 after 2 months of use..Given that she tends to install alot of apps..

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yAGkfhEh.jpg

latest batches of P10+ still have NAND variance? Is yours UFS2.1?

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My p10 plus suddenly unable to download app from playstore

Clear cache and data also don't work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.