China Tablets to recommend

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the leakage while charging is because you use 2 pin charger. 3 pin works fine

Not true... we buy many products which use only two pins... take a look at any Samsung phone charger... there are only two pins... the third pin is a plastic dummy to help you plug into our Singapore socket... it's basic lack of earthing and proper insulation within the tablet... use metal body also useless... it becomes an electrocution hazard...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei or xiaomi will do fine

Haven't much experience with Huawei beyond using their entry level G series Android phones and one singular experience with the Xiaomi Redmi when it was first launched...

The Huawei entry level phones were good quality... low specs and entirely made of plastic but pretty durable. I didn't like the Xiaomi OS so I didn't use it for long... both didn't leak current like other Chinese brands... I've not used their tablets before... but the current Huawei M10 media pad looks good...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek:

then which brand is recommended?

I really won't recommend any of these brands discussed here... Chuwi, Cube, Telcast, Onda, etc... there are many more on the market... battery life is usually very poor, with abysmal standby time... you can wake up the next day and find your battery at 20% - meaning it discharged unused in sleep mode from the previous night at 100%... I can leave my Sony Tablet Z for a week in sleep mode and still have it at 90%... it stays at 98% for 3 days in sleep mode... this is a tablet I bought and use 3 times a week since 2014, and occasionally use it to watch movies...

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I swore off using China tablets... I spent quite a bit of money buying a few of these tablets and they all had issues with battery life, electrical leakage while charging, software faults, touch screen problems, and a myriad other issues... adding all that money up would have gotten me an excellent brand name tablet from Samsung or Sony or even Apple... just too much trouble...
wah, saw you as a champion in China phones/tablets here in hwz, for past couple years, now flipped?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true... we buy many products which use only two pins... take a look at any Samsung phone charger... there are only two pins... the third pin is a plastic dummy to help you plug into our Singapore socket... it's basic lack of earthing and proper insulation within the tablet... use metal body also useless... it becomes an electrocution hazard...

Just because you have not seen a 3 pin usb charger with earthing, doesn't mean it is not true

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, saw you as a champion in China phones/tablets here in hwz, for past couple years, now flipped?

Yes... cos of poor experience... anyway I was simply giving advice as to how to choose tablets... the QC is terrible... and the after sales service is not very good too...

I was using both brand name tablets and China tablets... there was good basis for comparison... the difference in price does make a difference... and most of my China tablets didn't really last more than 6 months...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just because you have not seen a 3 pin usb charger with earthing, doesn't mean it is not true

Huh??? What are you talking about? All the 2-pin or 3-pin plugs are earthed... for 2-pin systems the device is properly insulated... there is no earthing pin... in fact most countries use only 2-pins... and the imperative is that the device must be properly earthed and insulated... the China tablets don't have either... the Samsung phones are all metal unibodies... they're perfectly positioned to leak electricity if the device is not insulated... the term is double insulated... it's requirement in EU and US... but apparently in China corners are cut... the link below is quite a simple read and explanation...

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/01/devices-two-prong-plugs-others-three/

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ab/

Hope the articles help...

Last edited:

makann

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes... cos of poor experience... anyway I was simply giving advice as to how to choose tablets... the QC is terrible... and the after sales service is not very good too...

I was using both brand name tablets and China tablets... there was good basis for comparison... the difference in price does make a difference... and most of my China tablets didn't really last more than 6 months...

dont last as in totally cannot power up and use? my jumper tablet batt died in a week but still usable after a yr since purchase on ac

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh??? What are you talking about? All the 2-pin or 3-pin plugs are earthed... for 2-pin systems the device is properly insulated... there is no earthing pin... in fact most countries use only 2-pins... and the imperative is that the device must be properly earthed and insulated... the China tablets don't have either... the Samsung phones are all metal unibodies... they're perfectly positioned to leak electricity if the device is not insulated... the term is double insulated... it's requirement in EU and US... but apparently in China corners are cut... the link below is quite a simple read and explanation...

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/01/devices-two-prong-plugs-others-three/

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ab/

Hope the articles help...
Did you read the link you gave? 2 pin is not earthed

anyway if you read my original comment, I said if you used a 3 pin charger to charge, there wont be any leaking issue

That's why I swore off using China tablets... I spent quite a bit of money buying a few of these tablets and they all had issues with battery life, electrical leakage while charging,.

the leakage while charging is because you use 2 pin charger. 3 pin works fine

Last edited:

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only battery, but the power adapter and USB charging socket on the tablet... use less than 4 weeks the type-c usb tip for my Hi13 broke in the charging socket and the charger kaboom...

This + TeoME feedback = 2017 better avoid China tablet. Lowest can go is Xiaomi, Huawei.

China a(Chuwi, Jumper ...) also have many notebooks. Any feedback on those?

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you read the link you gave? 2 pin is not earthed

anyway if you read my original comment, I said if you used a 3 pin charger to charge, there wont be any leaking issue

My bad... only 3-pin is earthed... I typed wrongly...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This + TeoME feedback = 2017 better avoid China tablet. Lowest can go is Xiaomi, Huawei.

Same issues bro... don't bother lar... their batteries are the lowest end types and there's little to no power management for these types of laptops... I don't know if they leak electricity or not...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont last as in totally cannot power up and use? my jumper tablet batt died in a week but still usable after a yr since purchase on ac

Can't power up or super poor battery life or cannot charge the battery... or the screen gives problems so that the tablet becomes unusable... basically you can use the tablet as it should be used... I don't use China tablets on AC power cos of the electric shocks I get from their leaking circuits...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you look back most of the regulars in this thread have all disappeared... China tablets simply not worth trying lar...

dorabee

Reaction score
Was thinking of buying a BDF tablet from AliExpress.

Any bros can share your user experience with this brand?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 year of using iwork 8 and its still worth it. very convenient to have windows in that size. battery life about 3~4h but can be charged while using with power bank

as for android tablet I wouldnt mind buying another mi max! oreo roms also exist. 6inch tablet just nice and the 10h screen on time

for budget tablet can consider lenovo or kindle hd. less than $140.

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am looking for value for $$ 10" Android tablet that is used to play video from microSD card mainly.

I would have gotten Xiaomi Mi Pad but it doesn't have microSD card slot. Any other to recommend?

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
I am looking for value for $$ 10" Android tablet that is used to play video from microSD card mainly.

I would have gotten Xiaomi Mi Pad but it doesn't have microSD card slot. Any other to recommend?
For a moment i tot $10 tablet.

Xperia z4 tablet and huawei mediapad 8.4 not bad

Xperia v.ex but panel best and lightweight.

Otherwise can consider sammy 10inch

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.