Most used features on Apple Watch?

zjfsimple

Reaction score
Thinking of getting one but have a feeling I might not get a lot of use out of it for the price point. Will probably make better decisions if any Apple Watch owners share their experience! Thanks

quacks

Reaction score
What makes you want to buy it in the first place? I think when we understand what your intended use for it we can give you better advice.

ngsoonle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using mine for short runs, listening to music, swimming, making calls, replying to messages, pedometer,etc. Found one more use: gym yesterday. The list is almost endless!

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use it for sports, mainly to track my daily activities. rest of features are more of gimmicks to me.

not so much about the apps though...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I mainly use it for notifications, controlling music, cycling, heart rate monitoring, activity, checking weather and Pokémon Go.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Stopwatch to time my rest during gym trg
Interval trg app for cardio on weekends
Notification for incoming calls and messages (cos I always put my phone in silent mode)
Activity tracker for clocking steps to meet goals on AIA vitality.

revogsx

Reaction score
sports activity.

then when in office, my phone is in silent mode, apple watch shows you incoming calls and sms. I answer then via phone

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to use apple pay in watch but never got the hang of it (double side click).

till now, I use iphone for apple pay

I prefer and always use my AW for Apple Pay, unless I'm not wearing the watch.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
use it for sports, mainly to track my daily activities. rest of features are more of gimmicks to me.

not so much about the apps though...

so its more of a sports watch (tracker)

i'm trying to ask myself if i need or want one.
these days my casio are collecting dust since we have phones tt can tell time.

i don't have such high volume of calls or sms

revogsx

Reaction score
few hours means around 5 hours.

you actually need to start the workout mode in watch itself, then you stop it when you are done.

combination of workout (2hrs) + normal use, my watch can last till 9pm.

if on lazy day and no workout. watch battery is at 60% at 9pm (watch os3)

If in workout mode last few hours, meaning u need to charge more than once in a day? :s11:

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I'm about to order the AW S3 nike+, no more stock, only can delivery next month :(
few hours means around 5 hours.

you actually need to start the workout mode in watch itself, then you stop it when you are done.

combination of workout (2hrs) + normal use, my watch can last till 9pm.

if on lazy day and no workout. watch battery is at 60% at 9pm (watch os3)

slugzz

Reaction score
The most useful features for me in descending order.

1. Notifications and Glances - no need to take out phone to look.
2. Calendars and Appointments - to remind me my next activity
3. Fitness & Health tracking - closing the activity rings has become an obsession.

I've had my Apple Watch Series 1 for 2+ years now.

There is one thing about the Apple Watch that I'm really disappointed with and that's the Heart Rate Monitor. The initial measurement is always wrong! Granted it will settle to an accurate measurement after a while but the initial HR measurement is the one being logged into the HR chart. For example when I fire up my HR app, my initial measurement will be something like 80+bpm before settling down to the correct 40+ or 50+ bpm if I'm just sitting round.

So my HR log taken automatically every 10-minute interval is highly spurious and inaccurate. A check with the log shows something like 80, 100, 90, 60, 45, 90 within the hour. My HR rarely goes above 60 when I'm just sitting in office doing work. Even when I'm walking it is around 55-65 bpm. I need an accurate resting heart rate data to give an indication if I have recovered from the previous day's run. I do a lot of distance running and resting heart rate is one metric that I track, and the Apple Watch failed in this department.

I've returned and gotten a replacement Apple Watch before and it behaved the same. I've also tried my friends' Apple Watches and it's the same story.

If Apple Watch Series 3 HR can obtain the initial HR measurement accurately I'd buy that in an instance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.