Moto 2017 aka Moto X4 ?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moto X 2017 aka Moto X4 ?

The first press image of the upcoming Moto X4 leaks out

moto-x4.jpg

My first impressions:
- looks like a chunky G5 Plus ( subjective )
- iconic dimple is a pale imitation :(
- FP sensor is not at the back :(
- Due to FPS, no dual front speaker :(

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's more like a render though, not the press image. :s13: to me looks nothing like a Moto X. It's like a china clone of the galaxy s7? Not a fan of the colour too. lol.

At first super hyped about the leaked specs. Then now the leaks points to a lower end processor, much smaller battery. And then this image... haha.

One redeeming factor might be the size though. 5.2" with the very tiny side bezels means it's probably smaller than the 2014 moto x, so nicer to use one-handed. But no IR sensors for the moto display, no stereo speakers, and 3D glass means almost impossible to get proper screen protectors.

I still have some hope that things might still change, since rumours points to Q4 release. But if it really looks like this, I think the Z2 play would be a better option. :s22:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just want a smaller Moto X Style. Might jump to next gen Axon 7 mini if Moto X4 didn't pan out.

Seriously hoping this is just the rumored G5S Plus

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meh. The design is a downgrade compared to X1/2/3

Already moved on to HTC 10, only 2 flaws is that it doesn't have Moto Display or dual front firing speakers. But HTC's setup still sounds louder than X Compact's that I briefly owned.

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't really mind the design. I think quite nice. The specs I'm okay also for my day to day use and the wide angle is definitely more useful than black and white or 2x zoom. Even the tempo multi device Bluetooth playback is interesting too. Some more got water Resistan But knowing Lenovo, the phone price will be through the roof. Moto G5 Plus RRP 499. Moto Z2 Play 799. This will probably be like 599 or 699 if it ever comes to SG. At that price, can buy a brand new OnePlus 5 with money to spare already, or even a used S8. Who in their right mind will buy? :s22:

Moto Galaxy X4 :s8:

motorola-moto-x4-ifa-2.jpg

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Approx $645 sgd 😂😒😩😔
One would have to be a die hard Motorola fan to consider this over other models.
有moto E 做花,就有 moto C 做綠葉。
有moto G 做花,就有 moto M 做綠葉。
咁。。。有moto Z 做花,moto X 迷就。。。:s13:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
lenovo-motorola-pg3.jpg

過去嘅假日CES賣599,無得減。
Mustafa嗰邊啱啱新機上架,
加埋“八鋪聯盟*”無任何機鋪有賣喱款
*(RedWhite, Hitec, Moby, Kasia, WhyMob, MobSq, J2, MobHard)
。。。我睇要減價。。。
。。。可能要等到農曆年前大概1月呱。。。​

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Mustafa 賣嘅 motorola 咸巴霖都系有本地保固行貨嚟咧。。。無出口機。
Mustafa 以外嘅機鋪賣嘅 motorola 就無保修喽。

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.