New Singtel ONT HG8244H

sequalancer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have u been given a new ONT from Singtel that can be act as a router? I have been given a new Singtel ONT(model HG8244H, IP:192.168.1.254). This will be connected to my own router Asus AC5300(IP: 192.168.2.1).

Is there anyway that I can disable the DHCP from Singtel ONT and let my own router to manage DHCP assignment? However, I have devices connecting to the Singtel ONT router by LAN port and these devices are not able to access other network devices which is connected to 192.168.2.1. Is there a way to get both segment connected?

Thank you

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either use AC5300 as just an AP. Or configure it as maybe 192.168.1.253 and use it with double NAT if you are not concerned about remotely accessing your devices.

sequalancer

Reaction score
Either use AC5300 as just an AP. Or configure it as maybe 192.168.1.253 and use it with double NAT if you are not concerned about remotely accessing your devices.

I can't use AC5300 just an AP as I have manually assigned IPs/mac filters etc for all devices on this router. Devices that are connected to AC5300 are able to access singtel ONT segment but devices connected to Singtel ONT are not able to access AC5300 router segment.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't use AC5300 just an AP as I have manually assigned IPs/mac filters etc for all devices on this router. Devices that are connected to AC5300 are able to access singtel ONT segment but devices connected to Singtel ONT are not able to access AC5300 router segment.

For sure you won't be able to access cos the IP range for ONR and AC5300 are different. You can check with SingTel tech but they probably won't allow you to set bridge mode with their ONR.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason why you don't want the ONR to issue dhcp? I would strongly recommend you to leave routing to ONR and your ac5300 acting as an AP. By this setup, all your devices can communicate with other.

If you configure ac5300 on a different ip segment, you are indirectly creating double nat and your devices won't see each other if connected to onr or to the ac5300..

Hi Guys,

Have u been given a new ONT from Singtel that can be act as a router? I have been given a new Singtel ONT(model HG8244H, IP:192.168.1.254). This will be connected to my own router Asus AC5300(IP: 192.168.2.1).

Is there anyway that I can disable the DHCP from Singtel ONT and let my own router to manage DHCP assignment? However, I have devices connecting to the Singtel ONT router by LAN port and these devices are not able to access other network devices which is connected to 192.168.2.1. Is there a way to get both segment connected?

Thank you

sequalancer

Reaction score
Is there any reason why you don't want the ONR to issue dhcp? I would strongly recommend you to leave routing to ONR and your ac5300 acting as an AP. By this setup, all your devices can communicate with other.

If you configure ac5300 on a different ip segment, you are indirectly creating double nat and your devices won't see each other if connected to onr or to the ac5300..

Hi, I have assigned static IPs for all my home devices on ac5300 with mac filter too. So if I use ONR to issue DHCP, i will have 2 DHCP which create conflict in the network. Aside from that i have configure port forwarding on ac5300 to synology NAS. And i can't access ONR to set static IP or mac filters etc... :sad::sad:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can apply static ip on onr as well if I'm not wrong..

Hi, I have assigned static IPs for all my home devices on ac5300 with mac filter too. So if I use ONR to issue DHCP, i will have 2 DHCP which create conflict in the network. Aside from that i have configure port forwarding on ac5300 to synology NAS. And i can't access ONR to set static IP or mac filters etc... :sad::sad:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have no access to ONR, do u know if there's a default login and password for singtel onr?

ONR is definitely accessible to end user, provided its an indeed ONR. on the contrary, ONT has not accessible platform to end user.

to access ONR, type in 192.168.1.254 on your browser.

Do note that the IP address to enter webUI for ONR and singtel issued routers are the same, but when you connect a singtel issued router on ONR, especially the singtel ac1900/elite/plus routers, it becomes an AP. When it becomes an AP, the webUI address changes to that IP issued by ONR. do check your ONR webUI for the IP address of your AP. :D

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump old thread. Any idea how to change the SSID? Apparently the 192.168.1.254 brings me to the ONR configuration not my Singtel AC Plus router.

unplug ur router and connect directly to your pc/laptop.

YJ17

Reaction score
Sorry to bump old thread. Any idea how to change the SSID? Apparently the 192.168.1.254 brings me to the ONR configuration not my Singtel AC Plus router.

On the ONT (192.168.1.254), goto Advanced Configuration->Forward Rules->IPv4 Port Mapping. There should be a preconfigure rule. Take note of the IP of the internal host, in my case it is 192.168.1.65. This is the IP address of the Wifi router which you can login to and change the SSID. Hope this helps.

YJ17

Reaction score
But honestly the router function on the ONT is very restrctive which is crap, it does not allow modifing the static IP range, it does not allow setting of DNS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.